Chapter 117 - Nico Robin 02.

[Chapter Size: 2022 Words.]
Third Person POV

Somewhere Sea, First Half of Grandline.

...

...

Robin didn't respond to Luffy; she continued walking towards the stones as if her legs had gained a life of their own, ignoring all the jewels and gold in the place and walked up to the indestructible stones. As Robin's eyes traced the intricate contours of the Poneglyphs, a torrent of thoughts tumultuated her mind. Each inscription was like a link to her past, a direct connection to the lost era of Ohara. The words engraved on these stone blocks were a silent testimony to the forbidden knowledge she had always sought to preserve.

The atmosphere in the vault room became dense, charged with the historical significance these Poneglyphs carried. For Robin, it was more than a mere encounter with ancient artifacts; it was a meeting with the very essence of her existence, with her passion for history, and her struggle to unveil forbidden secrets and all the price she had to pay with no results until this day.

As she observed the meticulously carved symbols, silent tears streamed down her eyes. These tears were not of sadness but of a complex mix of emotions. It was the joy of finally finding what she had to sacrifice and lose in her life to be here, the death of her mother and Professor Clover, the sorrow for the destruction of Ohara, and the constant threat looming over her for being the last survivor of the island for almost two decades. While she remained immersed in contemplation before the Poneglyphs, a torrent of emotions swept through Robin's heart. Luffy's words echoed in her mind like a hopeful melody, 'Join me,' and a growing warmth settled within her. Her gaze, initially fixed on the ancient inscriptions, shifted to the pirate who remained at some distance.

Luffy maintained a small smile, radiant with genuine happiness for Robin. The girl, whose life was marked by tragedies and loneliness, finally found a ray of light. She was a character in the story he cherished the most, and Luffy was determined to help her achieve her dream.

In an impulse of emotion, Robin attacked. Her eyes met Luffy's, and she surprised him with a hug. Her arms enveloped the pirate, and she pressed her head against his bare chest. Tears of gratitude flowed freely as she murmured sincere words.

"THANK YOU!" She shouted tearfully, letting the emotions overflow.

"Thank you..." She murmured again, still wrapped in the hug, with tears of joy streaming.

"Thank you..." Robin's expression conveyed not only gratitude but also a mix of relief and hope. In that embrace, a special bond formed between them, marking the beginning of a shared journey in search of the secrets buried in the Poneglyphs and, perhaps, the blossoming of deeper feelings amid the twists of fate.

Luffy put his hand on her waist and moved her back a bit, fixing his eyes on hers with penetrating seriousness.

"I'm not lying when I say I want you with me, Robin. I'll help you achieve your dream because I like you and also need you. After all, my journey is intertwined with the lost century." Luffy smiled as he observed the woman from top to bottom, his words echoing with extraordinary weight.

Robin finally realized the unsettling closeness with that man and stepped back a bit, her face turning a shade of red as she realized the unintentional boldness.

"Sorry for that..." she murmured, embarrassed.

"Hahaha. It's okay; I have nothing to complain about it." Luffy said, maintaining his smile, but his eyes remained serious with the matter being discussed here.

"What did you mean by your journey being intertwined with the lost century?" She quickly changed the subject to a point that caught her attention.

Luffy, keeping his serious expression, shared a secret with Nico Robin. "Let me tell you a secret, Nico Robin. Most of the Poneglyphs we find across the seas describe ancient weapons, apologies, and some other information. But if you want to know about the lost century, the story is stored on the last island, Raftel." His words reverberated, emphasizing the importance and seriousness of this knowledge.