..Reddington Cold

Megan POV

Me: Ky, not so far baby." I issued as she ran from me.

Soaring her dolls through the air, she ran and jumped in circles as I cradled Noah to my chest.

Rocking ever so slightly, the warm breeze of the summer's air felt good against my skin as I watched Kylie from the blanket me and her younger sister we sitting on.

Glancing down at Noah's calm state, she sucked her pacifier calmly as her small eyes were closed.

Smiling lowly at her, she looked like Kylie when she was a baby. Besides every facial feature supporting mine, Noah's eyes belonged to her fathers.

Seeing the world how he does, I wouldn't dare tell him that Noah has his eyes. He already was boasting about Legend looking exactly like him. Legend was with his father today as Trey took care of his meetings and his work.

Kylie wanted to go to the park again today and so I took on Noah and let Sam and Ceelo have a day off together.

     Feeling her comfortable energy with me as her mother, I carefully grabbed her little hand as I placed a kiss on it.

Looking back up at my oldest, the bright smile on her face made me smile small as after everything I did not expect it. I mean of course I wanted her to be happy, I wanted her to forget about what we went through..

But the sudden glow about her was surprising, admiring..

Her ability to show such joy in a world that had been so cruel to her. Her ability to move on with life like nothing evil ever happened to her..

The great grin on her face was stunning, it was beautiful and it made me smile even though deep down I was still hurting.

Coming out of my thoughts, I continued to kiss Noah's little hand as Kylie ran to her limit line.

Unknowingly running past Montana, I watched as he playfully chased her down and brought her back.

Giggling uncontrollably, it became a game as Kylie was the seeker and Montana was the goalie.

Trying to run past him, he played along while also making sure she was safe.

Looking away from them, I glanced over my shoulder at Hardwick and Anzo. Standing close but not too close, the sun beamed down on them as I let Noah's hand go.

Me: Would you guys like some water?" I asked breaking their military stances.

Hardwick: No thank you." he denied as I smiled small.

Me: Oh come on, I am sure he will understand you guys taking a water break." I teased referring to Trey.

Hardwick: Maybe so, but our job to be vigilant at all times. We will take a break when our job is done." he answered back.

Twisting my lip, I appreciated there willingness to keep us safe, but I also was a human being.

I cared about basic human needs and my daughter has had us out here at this park for the last hour or two.

Hardwick and is crew have done nothing but stand around us in the hot sun, baking away.

Me: He is paying you to protect us right?"

Hardwick: Yes ma'am." he stared straight ahead.

Me: What else is paying you for?"

Hardwick: To do as you please, nothing shy from that." he said as I nodded.

Hardwick: But." he paused.

Hardwick: We did not take the job for money." he said as that formed another small smile on my face.