In Broad Day Light

Trey POV

  Stuffing my last bag with everything I needed, I walked over to the mirror over my dresser.

Checking myself out, I made sure the all black attire fit nicely as I threw my hoodie over my head.

   Tilting my head at my clothing, my black sneakers felt comfortable as it had been a while since I had worn them.

Tucking my chain into my hoodie, I only kept a few rings on as my phone rang. Looking down at it, I saw Bleu's name appear as I answered.

Me: Yo?"

Bleu: Sup, you ready?"

Me: Yeah, I'm waiting on you niggas." I scoffed.

Bleu: Aight, we about 10 mins out. Be ready to slide when we pull up-."

Me: Yeah yeah I know the drill." I cut off as he sucked his teeth.

    Hanging up the phone on me, I smirked as our bedroom door opened. Glancing up, I watched as she came in quietly.

   Carrying the kids basket of clothes, she placed them on the bed as she began to fold them. Smirking at her messy bun, she started to fold as I turned to face her.

Me: You know." I sparked conversation.

Me: I think you look the best with a messy bun." I said as she glanced over at me.

    Barely looking at me, she smiled small before focusing her attention back to the clothes. Fading my smile away, I moved away from the dresser and over to her.

Knowing her very well by now, she didn't need to say she was bothered by something as I wrapped my arms around her waist.

I already knew something was on her mind.

Me: You gonna hold it in, or talk to me?" I asked as I rested my chin on top of her head.

      Giving her a few seconds to decide, she quietly folded the clothes as I cut my eyes down to her. Letting her waist go, I looked at the side of her face as her nose flared.

  Staining with silent rage, her nose flared again as she fought the forming tears welling in her eyes.

Me: M." I sighed sitting on the edge of the bed.

Me: What's wrong?" I asked as a tear went down her face.

Angrily grabbing the next item of clothing, she roughly folded this one without answering me.

Last night she came home with all the information I needed. Whatever she did worked perfectly but her demeanor when she came home was off.

  She didn't say much or give me much detail on what she did and by the look on her face her way of making Nalani bleed must've bothered her.

    Giving her the task and my green light to do what she needed to get Nalani to confess started to feel like a mistake as Megan silently stood in her anguish.

Folding that item of clothing, she placed it neatly on the bed before reaching for the basket to grab more.

Gently pushing it away from her, she dropped her arm irritatedly as I scooted in front of her where the basket just was.

Me: Talk." I told as I held her finger tips.

Licking her tongue over her teeth, she took a shaky a breath as another tear fell down her face. Finding the right words to use, she eased into what she was feeling.

Megan:..It's not, fair." she whispered.

Me: What's not fair?" I asked.

Me: What you did to Nalani?"