68

It's been a week since they returned home, and the new wives have quickly found there routine again. Today after work Kara and Lena would be going to a private doctor to have Kara get a checkup before they start planning for a baby. "Are you nervous love?" Lena asked. "Not really. It's just an examination." Kara replied. Lena nodded with a smile. "They've  signed the NDA's as we requested so we don't have to worry about that part. Are you sure you want to do this now though? We can wait a bit if you want." Lena suggested. "Lee...we talked about this. It will take some time to go through everything so we should start now." Kara said. "Yes I know...but what if it works the first time? Will you be ok?" Lena asked. "Of course I'll be ok! That would just mean our family is growing." Kara replied

Lena smiled at her wife as the car stopped in the parking lot. "We're here." Lena said. Together they walked inside and checked in. "We'll take you back in a few minutes." A nurse said. They nodded and waited in the empty waiting room. "So if it does work quickly what would you like first?" Lena asked. "Hmm I don't know. I guess it doesn't matter really, as long as they're healthy. But if I could choose I'd prefer a boy first then a girl. What about you?" Kara asked.

"I'm with you on that. Preferably a boy first, then a girl." Lena replied. "We're ready for you now." The nurse said. Lena quickly took Kara's hand and followed the nurse down the long hallway to a room. "Ok we'll be beginning with a routine pelvic exam then we'll draw blood and talk to you about your options." The nurse stated. "How long will it take till we have our results?" Kara asked. "Your results will be ready before you leave." The nurse replied. "Good." Lena replied.

Lena watched as Kara went through the examinations with the nurse. She was anxious about this whole thing. Was she ready to be a mom? Yes she was. But that didn't stop her from being anxious about everything. She looked at her wife as she had her blood drawn. Kara couldn't help but smile back in response. Kara too was nervous, and very anxious about the whole thing however unlike Lena she hadn't voiced much about it. "I'll be back soon with the results. You may relax till then." The nurse said as she finished up with Kara.

"I'm a bit nervous now." Kara said as she sat next to Lena. "Me too. But I know everything will be fine." Lena replied reassuringly.