71

A week has passed since they met up with Sam and Alex to discuss the possible donors, and in that time Kara and Lena have chosen one. They went with the one that has everything they want, they one Sam and Alex liked. Today they're back in the doctor's office going over the next steps in the process. "So you've chosen a candidate I see. Now tell me when's the last time you've had alcohol Kara?" The doctor asked. "Uh...last week why?" Kara asked. "Cause to start this next step you need to stay off alcohol for two weeks straight so we can continue. That being said I'd like you to also start taking prenatal vitamins as well. This will help get your body ready to conceive. Now this next thing I'm gonna discuss is something most couples don't like hearing, but it needs to be said." The doctor said. "What's that?" Lena asked.

"When Kara comes in for the procedure to happen she'll need to stay here for a few hours to make sure it works. Then when you return home you'll have to be on bed rest. You'll need to have your lower body propped up on a wedge for three days after the procedure. That means no sexual activity can happen for two weeks after the procedure as it could affect the outcome. Is that ok with you both?" The doctor asked looking between them. "Of course! We'll do whatever we have to for this to work." Lean said. Kara nodded in agreement.

"I'm glad to see that you both are on the same page. Most of my patients aren't. Now I've written you a list of prenatal vitamins and this is for your next appointment in three weeks." The doctor said as she handed Kara a slip of paper. "Thank you." Kara replied. "Come on love, let's go get these so you can get them into your system." Lena said as they left the building.