He cheated prt 2 (requested)

I look down at my phone, thats the fifth text from Harry Ive gotten just in the last 10 minutes. Darcy and I have been at my mothers for the past 2 weeks. Im trying to convince myself to forgive him but its hard. One side of me is telling me I'd be an idiot to get back with someone that cheated on me but the other side of me is telling me it was just one mistake, he was drunken mistake. Yes, I know it was but deep down I know that if I was drunk I would resist my urges and not do anything as stupid as cheat on my husband of 7 years and 2 years before that. 9 years I've been with him, 9 bloody years that have been great, the best 9 years o my life but he had to ruin it. He wanted a night out, I gave it to him and he just treats me like this. He cheats on me and then expects me to forgive him. 

Luckily I have been going to therapy for the past week and a half. My therapist says since we've been together for so long I will eventually forgive him but not for a while. It may take anywhere from tomorrow to a year or so. I hope it isn't a year, we both may overthink it and then get a divorce and thats definitely not what I want. When I told him that he said that its because Ive been with him so long, it hurts me to think about leaving him. Thats something I already knew, I don't need to spend a thousand dollars to be told that but whatever. 

*Bing* Another text. I choose to read this instead of ignoring it. 

"If you won't come back at least let me see my daughter. I know I messed up, that doesn't mean she deserves to be punished too" 

I sigh because I know he's right. Darcy doesn't deserve to be kept from her father. I just refuse to see him, Ill have my mother take her over there. She can drop her off, Darcy can spend a couple nights with him and then she can bring her back. Besides, I need a few nights off. I can't have Darcy running in on my mother and I's conversations. I don't want her to know whats going on, I can't let her know what her father did. Ill keep this from her as long as possible. 

"Okay Harry." I send to him. Im breaking every rule I have made by even sending him two words. Instantly he sends back a text saying "A text...thats an improvement" I refuse to say anything else to him. Thats giving him more hope than he deserves. 

"Hey mum, can you take Darcy over to my place to see Harry?" I ask as she sits and plays with Darcy. 

"What? Why would you want to do that?" she asks staring at me. 

"I know what Harry did was bad but Darcy doesn't deserve to be punished by not seeing her dad. She loves him and its been 2 weeks. Can you please just do this for me, I don't want to see Harry yet." I explain. 

"Fine...how long will she be there?" she asks with hurt in her voice. I don't know why. 

"A few nights. I shrug. "I need a break anyways. I want to talk to you about this without her coming in every five minutes, I want to go to therapy without her begging to take her with. Dont get me wrong, I love her to death but..." I don't know what else to say. 

"Hey Darc, you wanna go see your dad?" she asks her and Darcy nods happily. 

"Im sorry Ive been keeping him from you. You need to know it isn't your fault" I kneel down to her. 

"Why haven't we been able to see him. I miss him" she asks putting her toy down. 

"Your dad...he did something bad to mummy. Don't you worry, everything will be back to normal eventually" I pinch her cheek and she laughs. "Now go get ready and grandma will take you there" 

"Why can't you?" 

"I don't feel like it" I half lie. 

"Are you going to stay as well?"