"Just" Colleagues (Part 2)

The next day, I come in-albeit a little more dressed up than usual. With my hair down and more makeup on then I'm use to. I head to the staff room with my lunch and a coffee my I brought from home. I'm definitely overdoing it. If he's not in here, I'm going to my room.

To my surprise he's in there and my heart jumps when his eyes dart straight to me, like he was waiting for someone. He's dressed up more than he was yesterday, with a collared button up, the sleeves rolled up half way, exposing a lot of tattoos that he covered up with a jacket yesterday. A thermos in his hand and a red coffee mug in the other.

"Oh, you brought your own? I brought an extra one just in case..." he says, setting the one in his hand down next to a black one that I assume is supposed to be his, as it already has coffee steaming from it.

"I could use yours-if you want." I say overly eager-again. I need to tone it down. I swear, the other teachers in here can already tell I want to jump his bones. If they were paying attention I'm sure they would. I take the already full cup of coffee off his hands and walk to the coffee station to make it taste a little sweeter. I take a sip before sitting down and a 'mmm' erupts from my lips immediately.

"Good?" he asks and I nod, opening my eyes to see him sitting across from him.

"Better than good." I tell him and he smiles. "I guess you're just going to have to bring this daily." I say in a 'sucks to be you' tone while shrugging.

"Well, yeah- I planned on bringing my own coffee. I don't know what you'll drink though." he smirks and takes another sip out of his drink. My heart sinks at his tone and my face drops. "I'm kidding." he corrects himself. I perk up a little and pick my drink up before saying- "I know."

"You Paul's replacement?" Gary-the P.E. teacher asks Harry. Harry directs his attention to him but turns to me first.

"Umm, Paul is the music teacher?" he asks me and I give him a nod.

"Yeah, my name is Harry Styles." he stretches his arm out to shake his hand and Gary doesn't react.

"Gary Larson, P.E." he grumbles. I roll my eyes as I know Gary can't be an ass to new people. He was like that towards me too.

"Gary, be nice. He's a good guy." I tell him and he just turns back to his newspaper.

"He seems nice." Harry says sarcastically and I laugh too but use my cup to cover my mouth so Gary doesn't notice.

"Ignore him. He's jealous of how cute you are." Annette, the Spanish teacher tells him. Harry blushes at the comment.

"(Y/N), don't hog the man." she nudges me. I just nod and finish off my coffee.

"Thank you for the coffee Mr. Styles." I say as formally as possible. "I must go get class ready." I explain further. He takes the cup from me and I take my purse and head to my classroom. After half an hour of lesson planning for the day, class begins and I start teaching.

"Did you see the new music teacher?" I hear one of my 2nd period students say as I sit at my desk.

"Yeah, he's super cute." the other student replies and I feel myself smile at the words. I remember that I have one more class before lunch and I didn't ask Harry if he shared the same lunch time as me. Probably not but I wonder if he'd want to eat in here with me if he did.

My 2nd class ends uneventfully, with the 2 girls talking mostly about Harry. My 3rd class starts and ends the same and then I head to the break room to get my lunch. For some reason I find myself hoping that Harry is in there and my heart drops when I realize he isn't. I shake my worry feeling from my brain and grab my lunch box before heading back to my classroom. When I see Harry sitting at my desk with food in his hand I look at him in confusion.

"I brought an extra bag of crisps? You want it?" he asks nonchalantly.

"Umm what's a crisp?" I ask, pulling a chair across from him.

"I forgot the American name for it..." he shakes his head and then pulls a bag of potato chips from his lunch bag.

"Oh, chips." I laugh and he hands them to me.

"Americans are weird. Chips are-fries right?" he asks.

"Yep. A sweater is a...jumper?" I respond.

"Well look at you." he smirks. The rest of lunch is spent with us talking about random things, occasionally making jokes about each other's country's.

"This was fun. We should do this again tomorrow." I tell him and he nods.

"In my room though." He adds and I nod.

"It's a plan." I agree as he heads out the door. He mumbles something that almost sounds like he said "no it's a date." But I think I heard him wrong and hes already put the door before I can ask.
If that's what he said my heart is jumping out of my chest. I definitely like him. But I've only known him for 2 days...I guess you can develop that kind of connection sometimes.