Coma Part 2

It's been 2 days since my accident, though the days seem to go by fast here in this spirit realm, I can tell by the way the sun rises and sets. I can tell by the different people who check on my sleeping body. The morning shift is ready and awake, excited to start their days and the night shift seems more on edge and hoping the day will go by faster. But the thing that I can always count on his Harry, being right with me all day long. He's been pulled away a handful of times by my family to go home and sleep or get some food in him but most of the time argues or ignores them. 

My mother has been the second most attentive and the most irritated with the doctors as they tell them there's nothing they can do but wait for me to wake up. I'm not brain dead, they had told my father that yesterday. My body was just in this unconscious state and there was nothing they could, no amount of poking, prodding or coaxing could pull me from this state. 

I wanted to believe that it was the fact that my spirit wasn't attached to my body and maybe that is it, but I would no way of figuring out how to put myself back together. Unlike the movies there was no spirit guide to help me figure it out. For all I know, its strictly medical and I just have to wait for my body to heal. I've tried everything I could think of so far, like laying down on my body in attempt for them to just fall back together but I laid there for too long and nothin happened. I've tried getting peoples attention or even finding someone else in this life too but I came up short. I wasn't sure if I was the only one to be in this state of being but it was eery for me to believe that right now I was completely alone. 

I watch as Harry's head stirs for a moment and his head pulls away from the small bench at the window. Much too small for Harry, over a foot shorter than him but at least there was cushion and the nurses brought him a pillow and blanket. 

He had refused to leave my room, finding any excuse not to go, in hopes that I would wake up. He wanted his face to be the first I saw. The doctors had mentioned a chance of memory loss when I woke up, meaning I might forget Harry or I might forget everyday as they were coming and just remember the last day before I got into my accident. Apparently it was my minds way of suppressing what had happened. Just like my body putting itself into a coma to keep me from living through the memory of the accident and dealing with the healing process, my mind wanted to push it away just as much. 

But here in this realm I remember everything clearly, as clearly as I should for it being so recently. I remember how the day started. Harry had the apartment we share earlier than usual for work, saying he had to stop and mail something. I left ten minutes late as I was trying to finish up an email for a different job. I was in a rush and the accident happened. I remembered the feeling I had as the car smashed into mine. It was mostly terror and the fear of death. 

I remember everything, it's hard to understand that once I am reattached to my body those memories will all go away. 

Harry finished sitting up, his blanket sliding off of his long torso. He looked out the window at the morning sun as it was still coming up. He extended his arms out, stretching them out and then raising them above his head. This is how he woke up every morning, albeit not this early but it warmed my heart to know that there were parts of him still going on about his normal routine. When he was finally done, he stood up and stripped over to my sleeping body and leaned down, pressing a kiss to my forehead, my heart fluttered as it had yesterday as well when he did this. In my sprit like state I felt a smell press to my forehead as well, so I knew that there were aspects that I could feel. 

I let my spirit drift to him and I placed a hand on his shoulder, he jerked away from it, looking behind him as if someone was there. This was a stronger reaction than when I had placed my hand over his so I knew that my touches were getting stoner. I hope that they would register to him that it was me. 

His body eased as he sat down next to me, taking my body's hand in his and stroking it gently. I was still beaten up pretty bad, the bruises and scrapes still fresh across my face but my mother took time to brush my hair out, all the while singing my favorite lullaby as a child. That had made it through to my soul and it warmed me. 

My father was more focused on the medical aspect of it all, too busy talking to the doctors, asking too many questions about everything. He told my mother he was too busy to visit my body but I knew the real reason, I could feel it radiating off of him. In this state of being, I could everyones true sense of emotions. Harry was upset and truly worried about me, there was something else in him but I couldn't quite place it, not yet anyways. My mother was just sad but there was something stronger behind it, she held out hope that I would be okay, she almost betting on it. And my father, he didn't want to see my face, in his mind, if he didn't see me, didn't have proof in his head that I was in that condition, he could lie to himself, he didn't want to have the image of my unconscious body, beaten and bruised in his head, he knew it would sit there. That wasn't something I could feel, it was something I knew about him. How he felt though, was anxious.