Apocalypse 2

"Look at the love birds." A voice says above me and I open my eyes. Zayn and Lou are standing above me, look next to me and Harry is spooning me. I yelp and pull away, standing from the bed immediately. Harry wakes up and looks at us tiredly.

"I told you not to do that." I snap, pushing my hair from my face. Lou and Zayn start laughing and leave the bunk room.

"Calm down. Force of habit." Harry sighs and gets out of bed.
I look at my watch and can see, it's 10 minutes till day light. I need to get going. I grab my bags and head out to the main room.

"Leaving so soon?" Harry asks, following after me.

"If I want to make it to South Asia in the next year then Yes." I explain.

"We're telling you, what's waiting there is no different than what's here. Just stay here." Harry explains and I shake my head.

"My aunt is there. That's what's different."

"And If she's not than you're screwed. It'll take you twice as long to get back." Lou adds and I sigh.
I open my mouth to speak but the door opens, Siri comes in with a man, practically dying in front of us.

"Is he okay?" Harry asks, directing his attention to the blonde man. He's groaning, are they sure he's not a corpse.

"He didn't get bit. I accidentally shot him." Siri explains and we gasp.

"I'll need to attend to his wound." Siri tells us and leaves to the shower room, I'm guessing to get supplies.

"Are you alright?" Harry asks. "What's your name?"

"N-N." He says between gasps but he can't make it out. Siri comes back and starts cleaning his wound, pull the bullet from his stomach, he screams out in pain as it happens, holding my hand super tight. When she's done, she pours alcohol on it and then wraps a bandage around his waist.

"All better buddy." Zayn laughs and the three boys help him to the bunker room to lie down.

"You should stay." Siri offers as she watches them. My jaw almost drops. I didn't think she liked me. "I mean, we could use you. For something." She shrugs.

"I don't know." I sigh. "My aunt-"

"Your aunt has been waiting on you too long. After a few months, you just consider them dead. Right? You're a strong girl. Like me. I'm sure she is too...just consider it." She shrugs.

"I-I try not to get too attached." I tell her. I didn't want to say it cause it sounds to selfish but that's my true reasoning. "Ever since it began...I've lost everyone close to me. And after my last companion I swore I wouldn't get attached to anyone."

"This is the apocalypse. There are dead people walking around. Everyone has lost everyone they know and love. That doesn't mean you can't have relationships. If you don't, all you're doing it trying to live. What's the point of living if you're only doing it to survive?" She points out. She makes a really good point. What the point of living if all you do is try to survive. I had a life before all of this. Full of love and aspirations and now all I do is try to live another day.

"Does it ever get easier killing someone you love...or watching them die?" I ask.

"No. But if you didn't have feelings toward it then you're no better than a corpse." She shrugs.

"I've just spent so long worrying about, I guess worrying about someone else was something I forgot how to do."

"That's good. It means there's more to us then killing dead people and fighting to survive. We've been down here for a while. All we have is each other. All you have in this world now is the living."

"His name is Niall." Lou says as he comes in. "He was coming from Ireland because he heard that England has the most resources."

"He would like to stay. I told him yes considering..." Harry adds, looking at me.

"I'm staying." I state finally. This makes the most sense and Siri had a point.

"Alright. Great. We have room for one more then." Zayn adds. They all disperse to talk to the new guy and I'm left feeling worried. Siri said that getting attached and having to say goodbye is pretty much a norm now. What if I have to kill one of them? Will I have it in me?

"I'm happy that you're staying. We could use a person like you. Determined and ready for anything." Harry says.

"Aren't we all?" I ask. He shrugs and nods.

"If you want me to be honest. I think I like you." He admits and I practically gasp. "Weird. I know but it's true."

"I've been alone for the past 6 months. I had to kill my boyfriend and my parents...I-I need to take this whole thing one moment at a time. I've been traveling for 2 years to get somewhere and now here I am. Deciding to stop-half way through" I explain to him. "It's like the last two years of my life have been all for nothing."

"They haven't. Just because where you ended up isn't where you wanted it to be doesn't mean the final destination isn't greater. You've made 4 new friends. Hopefully you feel less lonely." He explains. "Now come on. You have to meet Niall. He has some great stories."

"Better than pulling a zombies head off?" I ask with a laugh

"Way better." He matches my life and we head into the bunker room.