Manuplative

Another fight with Harry and I groan as I tug at the roots of my hair. This shit never ends.

"I wish you would just stop!" I yell at him from my new seat on the couch, stomping here from the hallway where I was 2 inches from his face.

"Fine! I guess I'll just stop breathing then! Since that's what you want!" He snaps back and I roll my eyes. I know he knows that's not what I meant and it irritates me that he would even say something stupid like that.

"You know! That's all I want." I'm saying the words before I know what I'm saying. My mouth snaps shit, he looks at me wide eyed and I don't know what to say. I don't want him to die or anything, I don't even know why I said that.

"You-you want me to die?" He asks, his voice lowers a little. I sigh, shoving my head in my hands.

"No." I sigh again as I pull my head back up to look at him. His face remains neutral but his eyes are saying something else. "I just-I just want this fighting shit to stop. It's becoming too much." I say in a softer tone.

"Im too much?" He asks and his voice breaks at the end.

"No-Harry. This is too much. Don't twist my words please." I ask him. He always does this. He picks a fight with me and pushes me to say shit I don't mean and then forces me to apologize, making me feel bad about all of it. "This whole fight-it's over nothing and it's too much." I explain further.

"You cheating on me is nothing?" His voice raises again. The fire inside me that I thought was nearly extinguished ignites again and I'm on my feet.

"I fucking said I didn't cheat on you for the last fucking time." I snap back at him, I step closer to him wanting nothing more than to back hand him. My fist balls up as he explains all the 'proof' he has that I did. But I never fucking cheated on the bastard. I'm so tired of listening to the same shit everyday. It's exhausting, I don't even remember a time when we weren't fighting. I try to rack my brain for a time back when this relationship was worth saving. And to my dismay, I can't seem to think of any. The words leave my lips before I can think them over.

"We need to break up." I croak, interrupting his sentence-the words hurt as they're spoke from my own lips but I know they're true. I look down at the floor where his feet are, not wanting to see the look on his face.

"What?" He whispers.

"We need to break up." I shrug. I hear him choke on his own spit and finally look up at him. His face has finally started to show signs of stress and his eyes match. "All we do is fight and I can't take it anymore. There's no relationship worth saving. This isn't working." I explain my reasoning. His eyes search mine for a second, he's waiting on me to falter but I won't. My mind is made up.

"So that's it? You're just leaving me?" He asks.

"What other choice do we have? For the past 4 months every day we fight about some stupid thing that you bring up. You clearly in a place right now mentally that I don't want to deal with anymore."

"So you're leaving me when I need you the most?" He eyes me. I roll mine and laugh.

"You don't need me for anything but to be your fucking verbal punching bag when you're mad about something." I tell him. "I'm not taking it anymore. This is over." I yell at walk towards the bedroom. But he catches my arm.

"You can't leave me (y/n)" his eyes are filled with tears but his face just isn't matching. "I need you."

"You were just screaming at me 2 minutes ago because you thought I was cheating on you. Which I'm not." I remind him.

"I know, I'm fucking stupid and an asshole. You don't deserve-" he tries but I cut him off. He's playing victim but trying to make it seem like he knows he's the bad guy but I don't play into his manipulation.

"Give it a fucking rest Harry. You think calling yourself an asshole will make me forgive all the shit you've said to me? It won't. I've made up my mind. We're through." Before I was sad when I said the words out loud but now I just feel irritated and ready to be done with this whole charade. Before he speaks his drops to the floor on his knees, wrapping his arms around my legs, crying in to them-this is new.

"Please" he cries and I can hear the emotion in his voice. Something this conversation has been lacking. A small part of me-a very small part feels bad for him and wants to pick his pathetic ass off the floor and tell him we aren't ending things but the rest of me knows it's better if I push myself off of him and leave this house.
"(Y/N), I'm so sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me! Okay! I love you, so much. We can't end. I don't know what I would do without you." He pleads. My heart now breaks for the small man wrapped around my legs. My hand goes to the mop of hair on his head before I can stop myself.

"What do you want me to say? We do this every week. Nothing will change. Next week we'll have a different screaming match about something new-and I just can't do it again." I shrug. He pulls his head away from my legs and looks up at me.

"I'll change! For you, I will. I'll get therapy. Something-anything. As long as you stay." He begs. The words he speaks sound genuine but I just don't know. He sees the concern on my face so stands up and takes my head in between his hands, forcing me to look into his green eyes. "I'm going to be better. I promise-no more fighting."
After a minute or so of silence, I know I'm not walking out of here-not today. I let out a sigh and I can see the smile creep on his face- he's won this fight.

"Prove to me that you can change, cause if we're back here in a month fighting over shit that is meaningless, I'll walk out that door without a word. I'm tired of fighting with you." I tell him. His smile gets bigger and he nods. He better keep his promise.