Family Reunion

It took them another hour to reach home. There was an uneasy silence among the siblings. They were nervous. It was all new to them. The new surrounding. The new people or the new species of people around. Each and everything made them miss Amms and Mangalore even more.
"so Rishabh.. Excited??"she asked trying to break the ice between them.
"haan dii.. Excited toh mai hun but things here make me soo nervous.. Its so different here. I dont how will i adjust here.."Rishabh said and looked at Nandini. She too had the same feelings and expressions.
"beta aap dono yha naye ho na..."the driver who had overheard everything spoke up.
"ji.."Nandini replied softly.
"isiliye aapko yeh sb ajeeb lag rha hai.. Ek baar yha ki aadat ho jaegi na toh kuchh bh ajeeb nhi lgega.. Aur phir Malini baby hai na vo aapko yha ke baare mein sb bta degi.. Aur dheere dheere aapko bhi hamari Mumbai pasand aane lgegi.."he smiled.
Nandini :hope so.. But kaka yha ke log itne ajeeb hai...ab ussi larke ko dekhlo
Kaka :konsa ladka beta!!
Nandini :ek ladka mila tha airport pe.. pehle khud raaste ke beech mein khada ho gaya aur phir humpe chillane lga.. Aur sorry bole Bina hi chla gya... Kitna ajeeb tha.. Aur rude bhi..
Nandini took out all her frustration.
Kaka:arey beta uss airport mein jagah kaha hoti hai ki koi yeh soche ke vo kaha khada hai.. Aur ho skta h ki vo bh jaldi mein ho kisi ko dhund rha ho..
Nandini :haan ho skta hai but vo sorry toh bol skta tha...
Rishabh :arey let it be di.. Why are you getting angry at someone you dont even know.. He might be having his own problems.. Kaka saho keh rhe hai.. Ab aap shaant ho jao..Vaise kaka aur kitta time lagega..
Rishabh intervened and changed the topic to calm his sister.
Kaka :bas beta vo rha aapka ghar..
The driver pointed out to a huge white mansion.
Nandini and rishabh's face gleamed with happiness as they finally reached home.
The driver helped them up to door of the mansion and then left.
Nandini rang the doorbell and instantly she heard a loud scream and the door flung open. Malini hugged Nandini as tight as she could.
Malini:nandini dii I'm so happy to see you.. What took you so long to come home.. Maan bhai ne hi late kiya hoga m sure..
Nandini stood still shocked. She didn't know what to say or how to react. Rishabh stood behind her and giggling at what just happened.
Malini: diii kuchh bolo naa..
Nandini slowly gained consciousness and then reciprocated her hug but was out of words.. But suddenly her mind stuck at the name Maan.
Nandini :Malini yeh Maan kon hai..?
She questioned and looked at Rishabh who was trying hard not to laugh at Malini's reaction. Nandini pinched his hand indicating him not to laugh while he kept on laughing.
Malini:arey Maan... I mean mere Manik bhai.. Dad ke friend ke bete. He had to come to pick you guyzz by the way vo hai kaha..
She looked around trying to find Manik.
Nandini: he didn't come to pick us. Chacha sent driver kaka to pick us.
Malini:hows this possible i had personally asked him to go to pick you. Wait I'll call him.
Nandini:no let it be.. Maybe he was busy or rather he must hve come but couldn't recognize us coz.. You know we hve never seen each other.
Rishabh:guyzzz mai bhi hun... And why are we discussing everything on the door.. Malini hum andar aaye..
Malini:uhh yaah sorry Rishabh bhai.. Aap log andar aao.. Mom ati hi hongi.. I called her up. Chalo mai aap logo ko aapke rooms dikhati hun..phir aap rest karna..
Nandini and Rishabh:yaah okay.. Malini showed them their rooms. They talked for a while and then went to their rooms to freshen up.

Evening
Chacha:malinii.. Nanduu.. Rishuuu.. Arey kaha ho sb.. Vishakha jii..
Malini:dad.. Mom abhi tk ghar nahi aayi.. She told in the afternoon that she would reach soon but abhi tk nahi.
Malini looked tensed and that made her dad even more worried.
Nandini:kya hua aap log itna pareshaan kyun lag rhe ho..
Nandini came and hugged her chacha softly.
Chacha:kaisi ho nandu..
Nandini:mai thik hun chacha..
They were talking when they heard someone from the door.
Chachi:arey mujhe bhul gye aap sap.. Murthy ji maine aapko kaha tha.. Mujhe pick karne ke liye.. Par nahi.. Pta hai aaj kitna traffic tha.. Din mein nikli thi shaam ko pahunchi..
Chachi chipped in anger.
Chacha:arey vishakha ji ab toh pahunch gyi na.. Nandu beta rishu kaha hai.. Mai sochh rha tha aaj jb hum sab saath hai toh aaj kahi bahar dinner karne chalte hai..
Nandini :chacha vo Rishabh thak gya tha isliye shayad so gya.. Mai usse utha dungi..
Chachi :arey dinner bahar kyu.. Itte dino baad bachche ghar aaye hai mai khaana bnati hun na..
Chachi insisted but chacha did not agree. Nandini woke Rishabh and everybody went out for dinner.
They enjoyed their dinner while Nandini and Rishabh told them about their life in Mangalore. Nandini told them that her college and rishabh's session would start from the day after. It was late when they reached home so everyone went off to beds.