Who Was She!!

Nandini reached the music room but realized she was too early. She walked in and explored every corner of the room but stopped after coming across a veena. She loved playing veena. She slowly glanced at the empty room and then decided to play. She sat down and held the veena carefully with her soft hands.
The veena seemed to awake the musician inside her. She played the veena with all her heart. It looked like she wanted to say something through the veena. She was lost. She did not realize when her teacher followed by few more students entered the room and were staring at her while she played veena with closed eyes and a broad smile.
Suddenly she heard a round of claps echoing in the room. She got up to see her teacher standing at the door with a broad smile.
"you played very well... What's your name.."the teacher came forward and asked.
"sir.. I.. M Nandini... Nandini Murthy.. New student.. First year."she fumbled.
"ahh Nandini.. You played the veena brilliantly.. You've learnt it before.."
"sir.. My amms.. I mean my grandmom used to teach me.."
"i hope you sing well too.. By the way.. I m Raghav.. Your music teacher."Raghav said as he indicated the rest of the students to come in.
"sir.. I do sing.. But..."she said but was interrupted by Raghav.
"ahh.. I understand.. And that's surely my job to tell you how you sing.. Okay so let's begin the class.. Guyzz as this is your first music class.. I'll be giving you some lyrics and you have to show me how well you sing.."Raghav said and handed over the lyrics to all of them.
"I'm giving you half an hour to prepare yourself.. I'll come back within 30.. So be ready"Raghav stirnly said and then left the room.. Nandini glanced her lyrics and was a bit relieved as she had heard the song a few times and could relate to its tuning.. She grabbed her bag and left the room to rehearse somewhere peacefully.

JAM ROOM
FAB5 was rehearsing for quite some time now and were tired. They all decided to relax for a while and so Manik decided to get something for all of them to eat and was about to leave the room when Dhruv stopped him.
Dhruv:buddy kaha jaa rha hai..
Manik:inwas thinking to get freshen up and then get something to eat for all of us..
Mukti:Manik tu ruk.. I'll go with Cabir.
Manik:nahi Mukti.. I've got to talk to mom as well.. Soo i'll go..
Manik said and walked out of the room. He was passing through the corridor when he heard a sweet voice that attracted him towards it. The voice seemed to cast some spell on him. He walked towards the melodious voice like a hypnotized person.
Soon he found himself standing outside the door of a classroom. He peeped in to find a girl sitting on a table alone. Her back toward him. He could not see her face but was soo mesmerised by her voice that he kept on staring at her while she sang unknown of the fact that someone was staring at her.
"ayappa.. Iss baar koi galti na ho plzz.."she said said as she restarted her song and Manik unknowingly smiled at her words..
Hnmmm...aaaaaa...hnmmm
yahi doobe din mere...ee..yahi hote hai savere..ee..yahin marna aur jeenaaa..yahin mandir aur madinaa.. She started singing while Manik was lost in her voice.
Teri galiyaan.. Galiyaan.. Teri galiyaan.. Mujhko bhave.. Galiyaan teri Galiyaan.. Teri Galiyaaan.. Galiyaan.. teri Galiyaan..yun hi tadpave Galiyaan teri Galiyaan.. Aaaaaa..tu meri neendo mein sota hai.. Tu mere ashko mein rota haii... Sargoshi si hai khayalon mein.. Tu na ho phir bh tu hota hai.. Haii silaaa.. Tu mereee dard kaaa.. She sang with utmost love and sincerity in her voice which made Manik go all aww at her.
Mere dil ki duaaen haiii.. Teri Galiyaan.. Galiyaan.. Teri Galiyaan.. Mujhko bhave Galiyaan.. Teri Galiyaan.. Teri Galiyaan.. Galiyaan.. Teri Galiyaan.. Yun hi tadpave Galiyaan teri galiyaan..teri Galiyaan.. Galiyaan teri Galiyaan mhjko satave gaaliyaan teri Galiyaan.. As she was finishing her song Manik's phone rang. It disturbed her and Nandini turned to look towards the door. But could not see anyone as Manik had hid behind the door.
Manik slowly moved out from there. He walked straight to Nyonika's cabin but was still thinking about the girl.
"Manik.. Where have you been.. Why weren't you picking up my calls.. Anyways I wanted to tell you that aaj raat hum kanishk bhaisaab ke ghar dinner ke liye jaa rahe hai so don't keep any plans for tonighy.. Okay.."Nyonika said.
"yaah okay.."he said still lost. Nyonika immediately understood that he had something else going on in his mind."Maan.."she again called him but a bit louder this time.
"uhh haan.."he came out of his trances.
"what's up"she asked with smirk on her face.
"Naah nothing..!wait!what did you just say.. Dinner tonight.. Noo mom..."he changed the topic. "I don't want to meet their little kids..and i already have plans for tonight.."
"Manik..they are here for the first time and I'm sure your gonna love them.. And listen they are not kids.. Atleast meet them once.. Please.."she pleaded. She knew he would not turn down her wish.
"fine mom.."he said and walked out straight to the jam room.
Mukti:Manik what is this.. Itta time kaha laga diya.. And.. And where are our snacks??
Mukti burst out when she saw Manik entering empty handed after so long.
Manik:vo i forgot..
He said and remembered how he was attracted towards that girl but chose not tell Fab5 about her. Aliya: fine you forgot.. But then what took you soo long.. We even called Nyonika mam but she said she was also trying to call you.. You weren't even picking calls.
All of them looked curiously at him. While he was trying to figure out what to say.
Manik: vo actually i had dropped my phone outside the room.. And i realised it when I went near the canteen.. I came back and saw lying outside. I saw mom's missed calls and then rushed to her..soo..
He sweated while he answered..
Dhruv:its okay buddy.. It happens.. Anyways whats about tonight's plan..
Manik:aah.. Haan.. Aaj raat ka plan... Actually we'll have to cancel it.. Mom has plans for tonight.. Unke family friend ke ghar jaana hai for dinner.. Soo.. Lets plan it for tomorrow..
Mukti:kya yaar Manik..
Manik:I am sorry yrr i couldn't help it.. She left me no choice..
He said while he rubbed his lips with his thumb.
Dhruv:chal buddy tu enjoy kar.. And let's call it for a day now.. M tired and i wish to go home and sleep..
Cabir:yaar usne raat ka plan cancel kiya hai.. Hum din mein toh masti kar sakte hai na..
Cabir looked at Manik who was lost.
"kyun Manik?"he said it loud to bring Manik back from his trance..
"uuh.. Kya.."Manik looked at Cabir.
Cabir:i said hum din mein masti kar saktd hai right..
Manik:umm actually.. I am also tired and I've got some work as well.. So I'll have to leave.. You guyzz enjoy..
Aliya:what's the fun if everyone's not there.. Let's actually call it for a day.. Mukti.. Will you come along..
Aliya supported and manik and everyone agreed and left the jam room. Manik took the chance and once again went towards the classroom to find the girl.. But she had already left.
He moved out of the college disappointedly.. But his mind was still stuck on her.. "who was she??" was the only question that rose in his mind