Escape This Town For A Little While!

In the car:
Manik drove to Navya's place first though it had to come after Nandini's house. Navya and Nandini were busy chatting all the while or rather, it would be better if we say Nandini was avoiding the awkward silence between Manik and her.
Navya:bye Nandu.. Bye Manik..tumhe pta hai yeh paanch din hume bhot yaad rhenge.. Kitna maza aaya.. Chalo goodnight..
Navya said as she got down  from the car.
She had actually enjoyed alot. Her expressions said that she had enjoyed everything from the journey to the company.
Nandini and Manik smiled as she walked back to her hostel.
Nandini:where do we go.. Now..
Manik:i guess tumhare ghar..
He said and ignited the engine.
Nandini:ooh.. Ohky..
She said faintly and looked outside.
Manik:hnm.. I don't mind if you wanna go back to my place..
Nandini:uhm.. No.. It's better i stay at my place.. As it is Rishabh aa gya hoga..
Manik:haann.. Right.. Rishabh.. Yaah so come lets meet him..
He said and smirked.
Nandini's POV
I don't know what I wanted.. I wanted to spend some time with him but it felt awkward to actually tell him that.. Uhh.. Nandini Murthy stop being desperate..
In no time we reached our place.. After all it wasn't that far from Navya's hostel.
I got down and he followed me after a minute.
I rang the doorbell but there was no response. I again rang the doorbell and this time I heard chachi shouting.
Manik and I looked at each other totally confused.
The door flung open in a minute or two and chachi grabbed me by my shoulders and pulled me for a hug.
Chachi:Nandu.. Tujhe pta hai maine tujhe kitna miss kiya..
I smiled at her complaint. I knew she loved me a bit too much.
Chachi:arey Manik.. Andar aao.. Tum dono..
We walked in behind chachi stealing glances at each other.
The whole house was empty. Where was Rishabh and chacha..
Nandini:chachi.. Rishabh..Malini N chacha..
Chachi:vo.. Vo.. teeno bahar gye hai kuch kaam tha..
I looked at my wrist watch it was 8.
Nandini:uff Nandu tu kitne sawal karti hai.. Baith toh sahi.. Dekh apne saath saath Manik ko bhi khada rakha hai..
I looked at him and he just smiled.. How mean.. Maine khada rakha! Baith jaata sofa thorhi na kheech liya tha maine..
I could sense something fishy in chachi's behaviour.
We sat down and chachi again vanished somewhere in the house.
Nandini:kuchh wierd hai..
Manik:kya.. Everything's fine..
Nandini:Manik.. Tumne chachi ka behaviour nhi dekha.. I mean she was speaking with such speed.. Jaise koi train chhut rhi ho.. Aur vo aisa tabhi karti hai jab she's hiding something..
Manik gave me a you-think-too-much look and i rolled my eyes. I was sure there was definitely something going on.
POV ended.
Nandini got up to go to the kitchen where she assumed chachi must be but was interrupted by the doorbell.
Nandini:perfect timing.
Manik kept admiring her as she irritatedly walked towards the main door.
Malini:diduuu.. Welcome back..
Malini hugged her just as the door opened.. Manik gasped at the sudden outburst. Nandini smiled. Rishabh:bas.. Chipak gyi chipku kahi ki..
He came and stood beside her.
Nandini:andar toh aao.. Koi aur bhi hai..
Malini:kaun.?
Malini peeked from behind Nandini and was more than happy to find Manik there.
Malini:just perfect..
She whispered and rushed to Manik while he was still gaping at the trio of the siblings.
Malini hugged him with such force that he lost his balance and fell on the sofa.
Nandini:Manikk!
She rushed upto them and found Manik almost sandwiched between Malini and the sofa.
Nandini:Malini..
Rishabh:maine toh kaha tha chipku.. Chipakne ka mauka nhi chhorhti..
Malini heard it but ignored it and whispered something into Manik's ears to which he just gasped open-mouthedly and Malini parted away.
Nandini:tum.. Tum thik ho..
She held him by his arm and he looked at her and Malini simultaneously. Malini as if read his expressions nodded with a smile.
Nandini:Manik.. You okay..
Manik:umm.. Yaah.. I'm absolutely fine..
Rishabh:dii.. You come with me.. We need to talk..
Nandini:but..
She looked at Manik who was already lost somewhere.
Before she could speak anything Rishabh pulled her upstairs to her room..
Rishabh:so.. How was the vacation with the monster..
Nandini frowned.
Nandini:Rishabh.. You don't call him that..
Rishabh:yaah.. Right.. Ab toh mujhe unhe jiju bulana chahiye..
Nandini's eyes widened while her cheeks turned the deepest shade of red..
Rishabh:vaise.. I don't mind calling him that.. He is not that bad after all.. Is he?
He asked cheekily and Nandini blushed even more.
Nandini:shut up Rishu..
Rishabh:arey seriously di.. Achha anyways how were your days back in Goa.. You missed any of us.
That brought guilt to Nandini. She actually didn't miss anyone. Nandini nodded in a no.
Rishabh:dekha.. The guy who could make you forget about everything and everyone.. Has got something special..
Nandini:he is special..
She muttered but to her bad Rishabh heard it.
Rishabh:that's what.. I know he is special.. He could even make you forget your own...
He stopped. But Nandini's eyes lighted.
Nandini:birthday.. Rishu.. It's my birthday tomorrow..
Rishabh:haww.. Really..
He said in a melodramatic manner. And Nandini hit him Slightly on his shoulder.
Rishabh:di.. I want you to sing my favorite song right now for all of us.. I'm calling them..
Nandini:your favourite song..
Rishabh:haww.. Ab vo bhi bhul gyi.. This monster.. Sorry sorry.. Jiju.. He is actually affecting you too much..
Nandini:Rishu.. I remember it but..
Rishabh:no ifs and buts.. I'm getting the guitar along with all the others.
Nandini sighed. She had no other option.
In minutes everyone along Manik gathered in her room.
Rishabh:so ladies and gentlemen.. And wild beasts..
He said pointing to Malini.
Rishabh:and my dear jiju..
He said the last line softly winking at Nandini who was continuously blushing. But to their bad Manik heard it and looked at Nandini who tried avoiding eye contact.
Rishabh:my sister.. Who's been fooling me and forgetting us alot in the past few days because of some..
Nandini nudged Rishabh to stop while Manik got all the hidden meanings in Rishabh's words.
Rishabh:she is going to sing my favorite song.. If she hasn't forgotten..
Nandini glared at him as he handed her the guitar.
Manik seemed more than interested now.
We were both young when I first saw you..
I closed my eyes and the flashback starts..
I'm standing there
On the balcony of summer air
See the light see the party the ballgowns
See you make your way the through the crowd..
And say hello
Little did I know..

Nandini closed her eyes as she strummed her guitar..

That you were romeo
you were throwing pebbles
And my daddy said stay away from juliet
And I was crying on the stair case begging you plz dont go

She opened her eyes to find Manik right in front smirking at her.

And I said
Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting
All there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
Its a love story baby justt say yes..
Manik raised his eyebrows and smiled..

So I sneak out to the garden to see you
We keep quiet
Cuz we 're dead if they know
So close your eyes..

Nandini's eyes were stuck on Manik as he closed his eyes just as the song demanded. She smiled.

Escape this town for a little while
Cuz u were romeo I was a scarlet letter
And my daddy said stay away from juliet
But you were everything to me
I ws begging you plz dont go..

Manik nodded in a no and she turned her head.

And I said
Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
Its a love story baby just say yes..
Romeo save me they're trying to tell me how to feel
This love is difficult but is real
Dont be afraid we'll make it out of this mess..

She continued sincerely while Manik smirked.

Its a love story baby just say yes
I got tired of waiting
Wondering if you were ever coming around
My faith in you was fading
When I met you on the outskirts of town
And I said
Romeo save me I've been feeling so alone
I keep waiting for you but you never come
Is this in my head I dont know what to think
He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring
And said
Marry me juliet you'll never have to be alone
I love you and thats all I really know
I talked to your dad go pick out a white dress
Its a love story baby jus say yes
Oh oh oh
Oh oh oh
Cuz we were both young when I first saw you..

She ended the song and everyone clapped..
Nandini smiled and sat back on the bed while Manik and Rishabh sat on either sides of her.
Manik:was that a do as directed..?
She looked at him with frowns on her forehead while he smirked..
Manik:so this juliet has also been waiting for a Romeo..
Nandini looked away hiding her blush.
While Rishabh on the other side was also ready with a round of teasing..
Rishabh:so how about asking this romeo out.. Like birthday gift..
Nandini hit him on his shoulders while he chuckled..
Nandini:thanks alot but neither is this juliet waiting for a romeo.. She turned to Manik.
Nandini:and neither do I need such monstrous birthday gifts.. I would rather prefer to go out with Aryaman..
She said the last line a little louder than intended. And Aryaman the name itself was enough to boil this romeo's blood.
Manik:Aryaman.. Nandini you're not going anywhere.. Get that straight to your head..
Manik blurted out and Nandini and Rishabh looked at him zapped.
Nandini:but..
Before she could speak Malini sat beside her.
Malini:di kiske saath bhaagne ka plan bna rhi ho..
Malini managed to hit the bull's eye. Rishabh began coughing and  Nandini and Manik stared at each other.
Malini:jiske saath bhi bhago.. Mujhe zarur btana..
Nandini:Malini.. Chup..
Manik:she has a point.. Tum bhaagne ka plan bna rhi ho.. Aur mujhe nhi pta.. Haww.. Nandu.. Not done..
Nandini glared at him while he joined Malini in teasing her. She rolled her eyes and the teasing continued with continuous blushing of Nandini and sometimes Manik.