Your Pain Hurts Me!

Nandini closed the door behind her and stood infront of the mirror trying to move her right hand but the cramp wasn't allowing any movement. Every time she moved her elbow, the bones made a few clicking sounds and she hissed in pain.
Nandini:i guess.. I should take a hot water bath.. I could get some relief..
She muttered to herself and walked towards her cupboard to get her hands on some clothes.
Choosing clothes out of your own set of choices was indeed a herculean task. Especially for girls. And Nandini was facing the same.
Finally after alot of fiddling with the clothes she found a capri and a baby pink top with three-forth sleeves to go with it and she walked into the washroom for a peaceful bath.
After almost half an hour she came out towel-drying her hair, only to find Manik sitting on her bed and fiddling with her phone.
Nandini:Manik.. Dont you have manners.. You're not supposed to touch anyone's phone..
She almost shouted but Manik smirked.
Manik:Nandu.. It's just a phone why you getting so worked up.. Relax.. And by the way.. What's the secret behind this phone possessiveness.
Nandini:there's no secret.. Just give it back to me.. Manik vaapis do..
She said jumping on the bed and Manik stood out off the bed. She stretched her right hand to reach upto Manik's hand but before she could the pain engulfed her and she almost screamed.
She held her hand and collapsed on the bed while Manik stood there numb to react.
Manik's POV.
I thought she was trying to excuse herself from Cabir's teasing by lying about the injury but no she was actually hurt. I looked at her as she sat helplessly on the bed hissing in pain every now and then.
Something in my heart pinched on seeing her in so much pain. It did hurt to see her in pain.
She had her eyes closed tightly as she tried to move her hand but the hand seemed to give up. It lay lifeless. She tried alot to move but that only increased her pain and i couldn't do anything. Though she was in pain but was also highly frustrated as her hand wasn't moving. She forcefully tried to make it move but it only added to her pain and she again screamed.
"Nandini.. Are you out of your mind.. Kya kar rhi ho.."I finally shouted not able to see her hurting herself.
"see na it's not moving.. I feel handicapped Manik.."she replied helplessly.
"toh you'll force it.. What if it turns out into same major injury.. Medicine lagao.. This is not the way.."i literally scolded her and she listened like an obedient child. I looked around for first aid box and she told me that it was in the drawer.
I pulled out a spray and sat beside her on the bed while she held her lifeless hand.
I pushed up her sleeves gently making sure not to hurt her. I sprayed on her elbow while she let out meek screams under her breath. Her eyes were still shut tightly. Her face was twitched up even more because of the effect of the spray.
I covered the sprained area with the bandage and then pulled down her sleeves.
"Nandini.. Its done.. It'll be fine by tomorrow.."i said and slowly opened her eyes.
POV ended.
Nandini opened her eyes to see Manik staring straight into her eyes. They shared an eyelock but it didn't last long as Nandini's phone which was still with Manik rang.
Nandini:Manik..mera phone..
She said softly breaking the eye lock and looking everywhere but Manik.
Manik silently passed the phone to her as he didn't want her to exert herself again.

Uuh. Hello. Haan Navya..
Nandu kaha ho tum.?Manik ko chhodne ke baad vaapis hi nhi aayi..
Mai.. Vo.. Apne room mein thi..
Tum thik hona?
Haan Navya I'm fine..
Ohky.. Vaise bhi 8 bajne vaale hai.. Aao dinner karlo.. And Manik ko bhi le aao agar vo hosh mein hai toh..
Manik ko..
She said and looked at Manik while he looked back at her confusedly.
Haan thike.. Hum aate hai thorhi der mein..
She said and disconnected the call.
Manik raised his eyebrows questioningly at her.
Nandini:Navya ka phone tha.. She was calling for dinner.. She said tumhe bhi le aau.. Agar tum hosh mein ho toh..
She emphasized on the last line.
Manik:hosh mein?
He definitely did not remember about his acting.
Nandini:yaah.. You were supposedly drunk in front of them..
She said and Manik remembered their plan.
Nandini:chalo..
She said and got up to leave when Manik held her hand and stopped her.
Manik:I'm sorry..
Nandini rolled her eyes. She didn't know the reason but somewhere was getting irritated by the countless number of sorrys Manik was saying to her. Why did he have to blame himself for everything.
She was supposedly shocked by this Manik's behavior. She couldn't believe that this was the same Manik for whom saying sorry came on his ego. Sorry, this mere word was once a way to hurt Manik's ego. Earlier getting an apology from MANIK MALHOTRA was indeed a herculean task but now he said sorry like it didn't matter to him. Nandini:why?
She still managed to stay calm and sound as innocent as possible.
Manik:Vidhi hurt you and i couldn't do anything.. Because of me you got hurt..
Nandini:Manik.. Are you like some antaryami..
Manik gave her wierd look.
Nandini:like seriously.. You're behaving like you already knew that Vidhi would do anything of that sort..
Manik did not speak.
Nandini:let me put it this way, if you understand.. Do you own Vidhi..
Manik still passing wierd expressions to her nodded in a no.
Nandini:then how are you responsible for every damn thing that she does.. Why do you blame yourself for all of these events..
Manik had nothing to say.
Nandini:cmon Manik.. You can't blame yourself for everything..
Manik:but I'm responsible for what she did to you.. One because i was right there and i couldn't prevent from getting her.. Two because she did all this to you because of me.. She wanted to clear up things with me..
Nandini:and you think.. I would have let her do that at any cost.. No Manik.. We had to stop her.. Aaj tum uske target the kal koi aur hote.. Toh basically i didn't stand individually for you but for all those who could be her target..
Manik:but Nandini.. It hurts me to see you in pain..
Nandini:i know.. But you can't blame my friend everytime something happens.. He is not that bad after all..
Nandini smirked and Manik smiled at how she changed the topic.
Manik:really.. I thought he was a monster..
Nandini:hey.. You don't call him that.. Only I can call him monster..
She said coming closer to Manik and pointing a finger at him.
Manik:possessive haan?
He smirked and pulled her closer by her waist..
Nandini:I'm not possessive..
She said in whispers due to their proximity.
Manik in whispers:really..
He said coming even closer to her. Nandini felt his hot breath on her face and she closed her eyes. Manik smirk and moved back.
Manik:arey.. Nandu so gyi kya..
He said after a few seconds while Nandini's eyes were still closed.
She realized Manik's absence near her and opened her eyes only to find a smirking Manik before her..
He was enjoying teasing her while she angrily pouted and got up to go.
Manik:btw tumne btaya nhi.. Why are you so possessive about your phone..
Nandini slapped her forehead as she was trying to avoid the same topic.
Nandini smiled:you'll know when the time is right..
She said and opened the door..
Nandini:come gor dinner.. They must be waiting..
She shouted and ran out. But Manik could make out the smile that she had on her face while she ran out. Manik followed her out.