My Peace!

Manik:
Adventurous! Like really adventurous.. Now that i lay in my bed changing sides i realise what blunder things could have been turned into. I seriously wished for Ahaana to disappear somewhere for some time when she mentioned about this farmhouse in Pune. I mean i didn't even know that we had this farmhouse here and my reaction that moment was quite evident that i had absolute no idea about whatever she was saying.
Had it not been dad Ahaana would've landed me into deeper mess when last night she asked.. No rather ordered me to take all of them to Pune anyhow.
This was the very first time someone other than my Fab5 and Nandini was ordering me. Swear in heaven had it not been for Nandini i wouldn't have let anyone cross those bounds. Nobody in this world had the guts to even look in the eye of Manik Malhotra but this girl and her friends they're like somewhere from space. A total different species. They're not scared of me. Not scared of Manik Monster Malhotra. Sounds alien. Okay. But i really need to thank dad for the last minute arrangements.
Flashback.
It was late at night when i was trying to initiate some teeny weeny conversation with Nandini but she had to be The Nandini Murthy.
I texted her a sweet message and i still can't believe that i wrote that. Manik Malhotra is getting soo cliché day by day thanks to Nandini.
:yes.. I'm sleeping:
"What! Seriously.. She is trying to ignore me."
I was about to call her when my phone rang itself and me already behaving like a lovesick teenager, i picked up the call without bothering to spare a glance at the caller's name.
"how dare you try to ignore me.."i said trying to act angry.
"when did i ignore you!"came a voice from the other side that was definitely not Nandini's. I looked at the caller finally.
"Ahaana!"i exclaimed forgetting that she was listening to me.
"yeah.. Thats my name!"i heard her saying and put the phone back on my ear but least interested in what she had to say!
"tum.. You called so late! Everything okay!"i asked.
"it seems you were expecting someone else.. But for now you've to bear with me.."what was seeming in that i was obviously expecting someone else. Why would even want Ahaana to call me this late. Okay i know i was getting rude. But there has to be a Time to call your Bestfriend's boyfriend. Okay would be boyfriend. Doesn't matter much.
"naah nothing like that.. What's up bolo.."i said.
"i want you to make this Pune trip happen.. Only that is how you can make Nandini believe that you actually meant to take me there.. That will do nothing but make her more conscious because apparently she thinks that you have told her everything but this farmhouse and stuff will be a surprise for her and get her jealous.. Hope you're getting it.."she was right but where do i get the farmhouse from.
"Ahaana! You know about the farmhouse but i don't! I mean i don't even know if we have any farm in Pune forget farmhouse.. How do i get a farmhouse over night.."i panicked.
"Manik firstly you don't need a farm if you're in Pune because that's Pune not country side.."this London return seems to know more about India than Indians.
"secondly can't Manik Malhotra do this much.. That too for his love.. His own true vaala love.. Then what is The Manik Malhotra for.. Kaddu chheelne ke liye.."she pinched the wrong nerve. Her sarcasm was enough to get things to my ego. Nothing's important than Manik Malhotra's ego which people try to avoid hurting but she's got guts. Now i know why Nandini's like this!
"fine.. You wait and watch!"i said.
"waiting!"we disconnected the call and i dialed another number.
"h.. Hello.. Kamine sone nhi dega.."Cabir said sleepily.
"Cabir.. We need a farmhouse in Pune.. Abhii.."i said.
"Manik farmhouse nhi.. We need a bed in the mental asylum for you.. Bro raat ko do baje tujhe farmhouse main kaha se lakar dun! Sone de yaar.."he said and disconnected the call. But then he was my friend afterall. He called me back immediately.
" ek toh tu raat ko neend ki goli khaa kar soya kar.. Ullu ki tarah raat bhar khud toh jaagta hai mujhe bhi nhi sone deta! Ab bata itni raat ko tujhe farmhouse kyu chahiye vo bhi Pune mein.. Yhi aas paas mein lele.."i wish. I explained to him everything.
" suna tha ladkiyo se dahej liya jaata hai.. Par yha toh.. Zamana badal rha gai.. Humara desh bhi tarakki kar rha hai.. But inki demand day by day badh nhi rhi.. Abhi toh girlfriend banane ke liye itni demands hai toh jab tum dono shaadi karoge tab toh tu lut jaega.. Barbaad.."he said Melodramatic. But where did shaadi come from.
"haaye.. Ladki.. Ab blush karna band kar.. Abhi nhi ho rhi teri shaadi.. And for the farmhouse.. Mr. Dhawan saare property related kaam din mein karte hai.. Toh dad toh abhi koi help nhi karenge but agar tujhe gaaliyaan khaani ho toh call karke puchh le.."nothing could be worse than disturbing mr. Dhanraj Dhawan's deep sleep.
However cool Cabir's dad was and However much he loved children especially Fab5 nobody could afford disturbing his sleep because his sleep was even more dear to him.
"Cabir..koi aur idea.."i said.
"last option.. Mr. Akshaan Malhotra.."he said and i wanted to bang something on his head.
There's a golden rule never disturb Punjabi men one when they are eating, two when they are sleeping and three when they're drinking. I am an exception though. But dad huh he was one of those typical panjabi men who hated to be disturbed while he did any of these. Surprisingly this business man had no problems with putting his meetings on hold for any purpose but couldn't put a hold to his eating, drinking and sleeping. I needed mom but her beauty sleep was even mire important. So important that she wouldn't even care to take the call. Dad was my last option.
"Cabir! Dad!"i cried.
"bro I'm with you.."
"toh tu call karna.."i pleaded.
"kaisa dist hai.. I said I'm with you aur tu mere hi against jaa rha hai! I'm by you but in place of you.. Goodnight!"he said and we disconnected. I had to do it. I had to call dad. I dialed his number.
"h.. Hello.. Manik.. Is everything okay.. Itni raat ko kyu call kiya tu thik hai na!"he saud in a sleepy panicked tone.
"haan dad.. Everything's fine.. I was just missing you.."i said trying to sound genuine.
"bete mere maathe pe ullu ka patha likha hai?" he asked. Sweet!
"mujhe kya pta dad aap mere saamne thorhi ho.."i said innocently.
"khotte de putar.. Tujhe din mein meri yaad ni aati.. Raat ko do baje kya ghanta yaad aayegi.. Kaam bol!"he said.
"you're a genius dad.. Einstein!"
"mai businessman hu doodh vaala nhi.. Apne butter ko apne paas rakh mujhpe mat laga!"
" dad vo mujhe na ek Farmhouse chahiye tha.. Pune mein.. Aaj hi.."
"ullu de pathe ! Ligo raat mein takiya chahiye hota tujhe farmhouse kyu chahiye.. Raat mein farmhouse ki chhat pe charh ke soyega! Aur vo bhi Pune mei.. Kyu Mumbai sheher mere bete ke liye chhota pad gya.."he and his sarcasm.
'ab raat ko ek panjabi ko uthaya hai toh jhelo!'my mind laughed.
"dad please.. I love you dad please arrange kardo.."i was all ready with my butter.
"thike jaa soja.. Kal subha tak tere paas farmhouse ki keys pahunch jaengi!"he said and i was taken by absolute shock.
"dad.. Overnight aap kaise!"
"tu aam khaa guthliya kyu gin rha hai.. Chal phir bhi bta deta hu.. Humara ek farmhouse hai Pune mein! Manika Farmhouse! Kal driver aayega.. Uske saath hi jaana.."he said and i screamed a hundred 'you're the best' phrases to him before disconnecting the call.
Flashback ends.
I was still tossing over the bed but couldn't sleep. Everything that happened in the day flashed in front of my eyes like some movie. From our accidental kiss to the secretive hugs and moments in that corner and then her words, 'Manik gave me what i needed..',everything felt like a dream. A beautiful dream. I didn't want this to end.
I finally sat up on the bed knowing that I won't be catching any sleep. I walked around the room reminiscing all those moments again and again and finally made up my mind to check on Nandini.
Her room's door was closed and stopped to think if i should really go in. What if she us up and she asks me the reason to be here.
'as if she won't know!'my heart mocked and i courageously opened the door softly agreeing to my heart.
She was sleeping peacefully. I walked upto her side only to see her Serene sleeping face with her lose hair strands trying to disturb her slumber as they fell on her cheeks and tickled her. She snuggled more into the blanket as i bent over her. My hands slipped under her cheeks trying to remove the locks of her face but my bad she held it instantly. Though she was still deep in sleep but her hold on my hand was tight and a smile began playing in her lips. I realized that she could recognize me and my touch even with her eyes closed and in her deepest of sleep when she uttered, "Manik! Don't go.."
This girl was definitely different. She was so pure and innocent that i fell in love with her all over again.
She stirred in her sleep as i tried to get my hand out of her grip but it seemed she really didn't want me to go.
She turned her side instantly pulling me over her. Luckily by moments i held myself in the air trying not to fall over her and wake her up.
I hovered over her like some hanging garden but she still didn't let go of my hand. Stubborn head.
"Nandini.. Let me go!"i whispered in her ear sending ticklish sensations down her but she didn't budge instead she pulled me more and her smile kept growing..
"stay here na.. with me.. Sleep beside me.. I feel at peace.."she said softly. This girl was blabbering in her sleep or was she up. Is she dreaming?
"Manik!"she said again and i had no option but to stay there.
I pushed myself on the other side of the bed beside her and she came closer to me. I looked at her blank as she clung to me resting her head on my chest. I did wish for this to happen someday just like it happened on our caked night. But i hope she won't regret it because I don't want her to feel that these moments of ours were any kind of mistake.
She snuggled more into me and i chucked my thoughts and decided to stay in the moment afterall nobody knows what tomorrow brings. I held on to her tight and she crossed her arms around my waist hugging me tight. I did the same held her closer and tighter as if protecting her from something. I kissed her forehead and muttered,"you're my peace too" as her smile spread across her face like she heard what i said. I kept admiring her innocent sleeping face till sleep took over me as well and i too drifted into a deep slumber.