Kaise Batau Tujhe..

Nandini sat on the dining table between sumit and Navya. All of them were chatting while Navya was busy gulping down her food. Nandini:Navya.. Aaram se.. Itni jaldi mein kyun ho..
Navya:arey vo Mukti hume lene aane vaali hai..
Nandini:ooh achha..
Sumit:btw.. Miss Nandini ab btao.. Yeh Ma..
Before he could speak Nandini looked at him and nodded in a no. He was confused but he silenced for her sake.
Navya:humara ho gya.. Hum chalte hai.. Shaam ko milenge.. Happy birthday Nandu..
Nandini smiled as Navya hugged her and left.
All of them finished their breakfast and headed towards Nandini's room for another round of long talks and gossips.

...
It was already six and all the eight chatterboxes were still in Nandini's room talking about stuffs and giggling loudly.
Chachi:Nandu.. Ready ho jaa.. Tujhe pta hai na chacha ke kuch colleagues bhi aaenge by seven..
Nandini:haan chachii..
She said and they resumed their talks. Nandini was having a great time hearing all that she had missed in the while. It was exactly an year that they had met and Nandini wanted to cherish each moment.
Finally at 6:30 chachi, left with no option, had to push all of them into their rooms to get ready.
Nandini:chachi.. Yeh dress kaisi hai..
She took out the same dress that Manik had gifted her and showed it to chachi.

She had a big smile on her face and chachi knew that it was special for her..
Chachi:bhot achhi hai.. Aur tujhle toh aur achhi lagegi.. Aaj yhi pehenna..
Nandini smiled even wider getting chachi's approval.
She got in the washroom and changed immediately. The dress suited her and she looked gorgeous. She admired herself in the mirror quite alot of time and then came out.
Chachi had already left. She checked her phone but there were no notifications. She sat on her dressing table wearing her earings. She put eye liner and little red lip shimmer to match her outfit.
She moved towards her wardrobe to get her heels when her room's door opened.
Navya:Nandu.. 7 baj gye chalo na..
Nandini's face lit up.
Nandini:Navyaa.. Tum kaise aayi.. I mean kiske saath..
Navya looked at her confused.
Navya:kiske saath matlab.. Hum toh Mukti aur Alya ke saath aaye..
Nandini:baaki sab..?
Navya:baaki.. Ooh.. Cabir aur Dhruv thorhi der mein aayenge..
Nandini felt her heart heavy. He was actually not coming.
Nandini:aur Manik..?
She asked softly.
Navya:Manik.. Vo toh shayad nhi aa paega.. Usse kuchh important kaam tha so vo shayad Pune gya hai.. Aane mein late hoga.. Shopping ke liye bhi nhi aaya.. Vo sab chhorho tum chalo..
Nandini:tum chalo mai aati hun.. Navya left. Nandini was angry. She didn't feel like going down. She wanted to change the dress but now she had no time.. The guests had started coming and she couldn't get late afterall it was her party. She took her phone and sat back on bed. She wanted to cry but couldn't.
:nhi aana na.. Fine with me.. But don't talk to me ever.. D'you know what.. I.. Hate you mr. Manik Malhotra.. I hate you forever. Bye...:
She texted Manik but there was no reply. She threw her phone on the bed, wore her heels and went out.
Fab4 Aryaman and Abhi had already arrived. She introduced all of them to her Bestfriends after which they wished her. Aryaman wished her and was about to hug her when Dev called her for a selfie session and she excused herself.
Aryaman was burning. He was not even able to eidh her properly.
Cabir witnessed all this and smirked.
Cabir:kya bhai.. Teri toh kismat hi khraab hai..
He muttered looking at Aryaman while Nandini was giving all her fake smiles trying to hide how hurt she was.
Nandini joined fab4 simultaneously and both the groups became acquainted.
Chachi:chalo.. Cake cut karte hain..
Chachi announced and Nandini hopefully looked towards the door but there was no sign of Manik.
By the time chachi got the cake chacha introduced Nandini to se of his colleagues.
Rishabh:chacha.. Ek minute..
Rishabh abruptly pulled Nandini in a corner.
Rishabh:jiju kaha hai..?
Nandini frowned.
Nandini:meri pocket mein..
Rishabh:di.. Gowns mein pocket nhi hoti.. Vaise chiice toh badi achhi hai Monster ki..
Nandini:Rishu.. Chachi cake le aayi hai chal...
Rishabh:arey but vo toh hai hi nhi..
Nandini:toh uski vajah se apna cake nhi cut karu..
She said angrily and stomped away.
Rishabh:phir ladai.. Uff..
He chuckled to himself and then went in the hall where the cake was placed.
Chachi:Nandini blow the candles and make a wish..
Chachi said.
Nandini blew the candles and closed her eyes.
Nandini:aiyappa.. Maine usse kaha tha par vo na sach mein monster hai.. Ab wish maang kar kya hoga.. Vo toh nhi aaya.. I hate him.. I won't talk to him ever..
She opened her eyes and was about cut the cake when the lights went off and the hall turned dark.
Nandini straightened and stood still. She was holding the plastic knife in one hand while the other was restlessly crumbling the sides of her dress. She was looking around when she felt someone's hot breath on her shoulders.
Voice:this one's for you..
Someone from behind her whispered huskily in her ears and then moved away. She turned around but couldn't see anyone as it was still dark. But she did feel his presence.
Nandini moved a few steps ahead and instantly a spotlight switched on. There was a guy sitting on a chair with his head hung low.

Kaise bataaun tujhe ki dil mera kya keh raha
Rahe na faasle ye jo hai apne darmiyaan..

He looked up and the lights switched on. Fab5 had already taken their positions and Manik looked at a shocked Nandini..

Ho…

Kaise bataaun tujhe ki dil mera kya keh raha
Rahe naa faasle ye jo hai apne darmiyaan..

He smiled at her while she felt numb..

Tere qareeb main ho sakoon
De de tu apni razaa

He stood up and moved a little ahead..

Paas bithaaun ye zulf sanwaroon
Aur baahon mein le loon tujhe main
Hai dil ki ye khwaahish
Ki sun le guzaarish
Aur de de tu khud ko mujhe

Ho ho…

All chorused.

Ho ho..
Dhruv left his guitar and took the extra mike towards Nandini indicating her to continue while she looked at him and the mike blankly.

She then looked around and found everyone was smiling and enjoying the performance and so was Manik

She then looked around and found everyone was smiling and enjoying the performance and so was Manik. He smiled wider. And she took the mike

Tujh se mohabbat hui
Hai meri hai bas ye khata
Tujh se main door rahoon
Yeh mujh ko gawaara kahaan
Main tere saath mein hi rahoon
Chhodo ye saara jahaan

Manik continued.

Paas bithaaun ye zulf sanwaroon
Aur baahon mein le loon tujhe main
Hai dil ki ye khwaahish
Ki sun le guzaarish
Aur de de tu khud ko mujhe woh ho ho…

Ho ho…

Ho ho wo ho… Ho ho wo

Teri adaaon mein doob loon
Doob loon main tujhi mein
Ho jaaun tere itne qareeb
Ki main dikhoon ab tujhi mein

Paas bithaoon ye zulf sawaaroon
Aur baahon mein le loon tujhe main
Hai dil ki ye khwaahish ki sun le guzaarish
Aur de de tu khud ko mujhe
Ho ho…
Ho ho...
Ho ho...
Ho ho...
Kaise batau tujhe ki dil mera kya keh rha..

Fab5:happy birthdayyyy Nandiniiii...
Nandini smiled widely while there was another person who was shocked.
Nandini hugged all of them one by one and just when she reached Manik he smirked and turned his face. Nandini was taken aback.
Nandini:Manik..
He did not respond and faked anger as Nandini tried to make him look at her..
Nandini:Manik.. Kya hua..
Manik swiftly pulled her in a corner.
Manik:you're asking me kya hua.. You toh hate me baat nhi karne vaali thi tum..
Nandini remembered her message and went pale with embarrassment.
Nandini:haan toh aaj birthday hai mera.. N you said you won't come.. N you were so rude..
Manik:toh..
Nandini:Manik.. Tumhe yeh yaad hai mai tumse baat nhi karne vaali thi.. Yeh nhi yaad mai kitna hurt hui.. Thike.. Then i'll not talk..
She said and moved back. She was about to leave when Manik held her hand and pulled her back.
Manik:hnmm.. Btw red suits you..
Nandini didn't look at him but everywhere else.
Chachi:Nandu..kaha gyi.. Cake cut karna hai.. Aaja Nandu..
Nandini pushed Manik softly and left from there while Manik followed her with a smirk.