Breaking The Monologue!

Nandini:
How does it feel when you open your eyes to a beautiful scene? I was feeling the same. A cosy weather with slightly dense clouds and a few dew drops on the leaves of the plants in your balcony. It seemed it had rained all night.
I was always attracted by such kinda fresh mornings and thus i pushed myself off the bed only to realize that i fixed but how. It felt like someone had glued me to the bed. Did i get so fat over night that i can't even lift my body.
'Nandu di aap na kam khaaya karo.. Kisi din itni moti ho jaogi ki ek jagah se uthna mushkil ho jaega..'Rishabh used to tease me and i used to ignore him but what if his words came true. Aiyappa.
I fell straight on the bed with my eyes closed trying to figure out what really happened to me overnight when i felt someone's hot breath on my bare shoulder. I turned to my side only to find Manik snuggling closer.
'urgh! Manik!' i slapped my mind now realizing that i hadn't gotten any fat overnight but it was this handsome 'hulk's' tight grip around me that made it hard for me to get up. But wait the question was how and when did he hop into my bed.
Last night i was so tired of all that sneezing that i slept almost as soon as i reached my bed but i was too engrossed my dream that I didn't know when he came and slept. My dream.. The craziest dream i had ever seen where Manik and i were spending some alone cosy time with no one to disturb us. I had asked him to stay coz he gave me peace and he had kissed my forehead and said tjat i was his peace too.
I blushing again. I looked at him as he cuddled more into me and his hold over me tightened. He hid his face in the crook of my neck as if it was some pillow.
Whatever it was i liked Manik more this way. This sleepy way. His face had no tinge of conspiracy that would've been going on in his mind had he been awake.
His face reflected his purity at this moment. His true self. The sincerity and innocence that he thinks is alien to him.. Actually that everyone thinks it's alien to him when he is up, is reflected here. I changed my position and shifted closer to him as he too changed the position of his hold on me and shifted closer. His face was even more serene to watch than the scenery outside. His changing expressions everytime I inched closer and then backed off. It was a treat to watch the real kid in him.
Did i mention how cutely he would crank up his nose when i would brush my lips against his cheeks.
I was so busy enjoying his changing expressions that i did not realize that i was not the only one enjoying here.
"it would be better if you stick them at a place rather brushing them past!"i heard his husky voice when i was again brushing my lips past his cheeks.
I looked at him shocked with eyes widened with embarrassment and lips curled up inside in the joy of getting caught doing what i was doing. No i did not mistake joy for embarrassment. I did enjoy the moment in which he caught me. Somewhere i knew that what i was doing would soon wake him up so this was expected.
"tum uth gye!"i said innocently trying to shift a little far but only if he lets me do that.
"uth toh mai bhot pehle gya tha!"he revealed what i was actually nit expecting. He had been playing till now.
"bas wait kar rha tha for your lips to stop at one spot.. Par tum toh!"he said shamelessly.
"Manik!"i slapped him on his arms playfully as he pulled me closer and i held his vest from his waist.
"kya.. Ok i'll help you.."i said and without even letting me think he gave a long peck on my cheeks and they turned crimson red. Heat travelled up my cheeks and.. I was blushing.
"i told you red suits you but this one's only for me.."he said giving me another long kiss on my forehead.
We lay there in the same position with me resting my head on his chest and he holding me tight till we heard some shuffling footsteps outside my room.
"Nans"Ahaana called followed by a knock on my door and then,"Manik"followed by another knock on his door.
"Manik.. Ahaana! Get up!"i panicked but he carelessly nuzzled closer.
"kya yaar tumhare friends Na!"he said irritatedly as i continued pushing him away and trying to get out of his grip.
"Manik.. Don't forget she is your date cum friend cum i don't know what more.."i said finally being able to push him away.
I ran to the door as he irritatedly got up but instead of hiding he came towards me and took me in a back hug. This guy was shameless.
"Nandini! Kya hai yaar tum dono kitna sote ho! Manik! Utho yaar.."she said banging on both doors simultaneously.
"a.. Ahaana! Mai bas change kar rhi hun give me five! Aur Manik!"i said eyeing him, who was busy nuzzling more into me,"I'll wake him up.. Maybe he is very tired.. Toh mai usse utha dungi tum jao!"i said as Manik pulled me closer and i couldn't do anything. He flipped my hair to the other side but i couldn't care less i was busy trying to know if Ahaana had left.
I peeked out slowly only to find the coast empty. I closed the door back and pushed Manik away.
"what do you want!"i said faking annoyance.
"dekho! Ahaana chali gyi! Tum bhi jao aur mujhe ready hone do! Go!"i said and without letting him speak pushed him out of my room.
....
I came down in a casual long summer dress only to witness Manik sitting with everyone and chatting. Like always Ahaana was sitting beside him but this time he had space left on his right. I eyed around and found everyone there that meant that the space was left for me. I looked at him and he smirked. I was going to sit beside him when i noticed Yoshika. She was a lot silent today and a little worked up too.
I crossed Manik and went and sat beside Yoshika much to his annoyance.
"yoshika!"i muttered and she looked at me with a fake smile that tensed me even more.
"what happened?"i asked her slowly.
"i don't know!"she replied only to confuse me more. I looked up but everyone was busy giggling except Manik. He looked at me and with eyes asked me what happened but i just shrugged my shoulders.
"yoshika.. Mere saath chalo please!"i said and she agreed. We got up and everyone's attention turned to us.
"we'll be back!"i said and left with her.
...
We walked upto the terrace. It was pleasant but with dense clouds that indicated rain showers again.
We sat on the swing that was set on one side of the terrace.
"kya hua.."i asked her softly and she looked at me.
"Nans.. Next week.. Meri aur Yash ki love anniversary hai.."she said but i knew this wasn't what was bothering her.
"thats great!"i said happily but there wasn't any change of expression on her face.
"yoshika.. Tum.. Are you not happy with him.. What's bothering you.."i knew my words were hurtful yet direct.
"noo.. Its not that.. I love him.. He loves me we're happy together.. And I'm sure he is planning something big this time.. But there's this one word that's been disturbing me!"she said.
"word?"i was confused.
"love!"she said and i was surprised.
"Nandini i say i love Yash.. He says he loves me.. You say you love Manik.. But what does this four letter word mean.. I mean for me its a name given to something very beautiful!"
"it's a pure feeling.. Its the union of one soul in two bodies!"i Completed.
"but in this contemplated time it's lost its meaning.. People have started playing around with this word.. However short this word sounds.. It has the strongest of the power in it.."
"a power to change anything and anyone.."i said remembering how i changed.
"par ab toh its like become the second word of betrayal.. Sacrifice..kyu when we love someone we hide it.. We're not ashamed! We love them! Phir kyu jab we openly accept our love with open arms our friends tease us.. Why our family goes against us.. Isn't it something we should be proud of.. Why has it become a game.. Today when I yell yash that i love him i feel awkward not because i accept my feelings for him but because these words they fail to convey my feelings to him. They feel hollow. Love has even exchanged its meaning for lust for men.. We girls we do get scared when a guy comes and tells us that he loves us why because we don't know if he really does or there are some other intentions behind those words.. We keep asking our guyz if they really love us.. We get jealous when we see them with someone else.. They cut us off saying that we're insecure.. But they never understand that its them and their unfaithful acts that give way to our insecurities.. I don't know.. What it is.."she said and i knew what she exactly meant.
"we don't tell them we love them but we expect them to understand.. Is that love.. But he is not a mind reader he won't know if we don't tell him.. We are we even following this monologue that guys have to accept it first.. He might be thinking the same.. If we love them we need to get them to listen to us.. No games just a faithful commitment.. We need to tell them loud and clear that we love them and we need to fight for our love and not let them go.. "she Completed and i nodded.
" anyways.. Thanks Nans i feel alot lighter.."she said and hugged me. But i was too engrossed in my own thoughts.
"Nans lets go down.."she shook me.
"tum jao.. I'll come.."i said and she agreed.
I stood there numb with her words ringing in my head.
....
Manik:
I had left some space beside me for Nandini and she finally came. She was looking beautiful yet simple. She looked at me and i smirked as she came towards me but i don't know what happened she crossed me and sat beside Yoshika. I was angry but then i noticed her tensed face. She said something to her and Yoshika replied back with a plain face. She looked up at me and i with eyes asked her what happened but sje just shrugged.
Nandini again muttered something to her and they got up. They excused themselves and walked up to terrace. I felt uneasy. I sneaked out and went to the terrace where i found them sitting on the swing.
Nans.. Next week.. Meri aur Yash ki love anniversary hai.."i heard Yoshika saying.
"thats great!" Nandini said happily but there wasn't any change of expression on her face.
"yoshika.. Tum.. Are you not happy with him.. What's bothering you.."Nandini went quite direct.
"noo.. Its not that.. I love him.. He loves me we're happy together.. And I'm sure he is planning something big this time.. But there's this one word that's been disturbing me!"she said.
"word?"Nandini asked confused.
"love!"she said and i was surprised.
"Nandini i say i love Yash.. He says he loves me.. You say you love Manik.. But what does this four letter word mean.. I mean for me its a name given to something very beautiful!"
"it's a pure feeling.. Its the union of one soul in two bodies!"Nandini Completed and i felt flattered on hearing that.
"but in this contemplated time it's lost its meaning.. People have started playing around with this word.. However short this word sounds.. It has the strongest of the power in it.."
"a power to change anything and anyone.."Nandini said dreamily and i remembered how i changed after meeting her
"par ab toh its like become the second word of betrayal.. Sacrifice..kyu when we love someone we hide it.. We're not ashamed! We love them! Phir kyu jab we openly accept our love with open arms our friends tease us.. Why our family goes against us.. Isn't it something we should be proud of.. Why has it become a game.. Today when I tell yash that i love him i feel awkward not because i accept my feelings for him but because these words they fail to convey my feelings to him. They feel hollow . Love has even exchanged its meaning for lust for men.. We girls we do get scared when a guy comes and tells us that he loves us why because we don't know if he really does or there are some other intentions behind those words.. We keep asking our guyz if they really love us.. We get jealous when we see them with someone else.. They cut us off saying that we're insecure.. But they never understand that its them and their unfaithful acts that give way to our insecurities.. I don't know.. What it is.."she said and i knew what she exactly meant.
"we don't tell them we love them but we expect them to understand.. Is that love.. But he is not a mind reader he won't know if we don't tell him.. Why are we even following this monologue that guys have to accept it first.. He might be thinking the same.. If we love them we need to get them to listen to us.. No games just a faithful commitment.. We need to tell them loud and clear that we love them and we need to fight for our love and not let them go.. "she Completed.
" anyways.. Thanks Nans i feel alot lighter.."she said and hugged Nandini. But Nandini seemed busy in her own thoughts.
"Nans lets go down.."she shook her and i hid as i didn't want to get caught.
"tum jao.. I'll come.."Nandini said and she agreed.
Yoshika went back to the hall but Nandini stayed there. I wanted to talk to her. After whatever Yoshika said i felt that i should tell her what i feel before its too late. Before i loose her for real because that's something i can't afford. I decided i would tell her tonight. I texted Cabir about my plan and he teased me over text. I ignored. I walked up to Nandini and held her from behind but she didn't respond. She was still thinking something.
I turned her around and her eyes were closed with tears trailing down her cheeks.
"Nandu! What happened.. Why are you crying.. Kya hua.."i asked gently cupping her face and wiping off her tears.
"Manik!"she opened her eyes and looked at me. The softness in her eyes told me that she wanted to say something. I blinked my eyes.
"i love you!"she said and i was shocked. I was planning to do that but she took Yoshika's words alot seriously and broke the monologue. Just as she completed it started raining. This time even more heavily but she was unmoved.
"i.. I can't afford to loose you Manik.. I love you.."she said and hugged me. I hugged her back tighter than usual. We were drenching in the rain but it hardly mattered. I locked her up in my embrace still finding words to say something but it seemed that she already knew my answer.