In His Arms!

"Manik" Nandini called while he was cleaning his face in the washroom.
"hnmm"he hnmed.
Nandini walked in the washroom with a few tissues and stood leaning on the door of the washroom watching the monster struggling to get that cream off his 'handsome' face.
She smiled and then walked upto him. She pulled him by his arms to face her while his eyes were closed.
"Nandini wait.."he said irritatedly but she paying no heed to him took a tissue and started wiping the water drops along with the cream off his face. Manik stood still feeling her touch on his face as she wiped the bits of cream off his eyes and he opened them to see her smiling at him.
"thank you.. For the surprise.." she said wiping off the rest of the cream.
He looked in her eyes dreamily and took another tissue from her hand without breaking their eye lock. He cupped her face and gently wiped the cream off her face.
"it wasn't really for you.."he said and kept the dirty tissue back in her hand to which she gave a disgusted look to him and walked out of the washroom.
Manik splashed water on his face and walked out behind her after wiping his face.
He came out and found Nandini chomping on the rest of the cake.
"why did you do that then.."she asked as he softly sneeked behind her but to his surprise she knew he was standing behind her.
She turned to look at him and he smirked showing all the attitude that Manik Malhotra always carried.
"i did it for... For.. The cake yeah.."he said taking away the piece of cake she was holding and gulped it down.
"really Manik?"she narrowed her gaze as he ignorantly turned around and walked towards the couch.
"Manik.."she called him again but he hardly appeared to be listening.
"fine.. If that's what you want..walk away.."she said stomping in the opposite direction which lead to the main door.
Manik could hear the fading footsteps and he turned to see Nandini walking away. She was almost near the door when he called her name. She stopped but didn't turn.
"I'm not talking to you till you answer my question.." she said still looking the other way. Manik sighed.
"achha ok.. I'll tell you..."he said and walked upto her.
"first look here.."he said and she nodded in a no. He held her arm and turned her around in such away that there was left no distance between them.
Nandini looked at him with a crass expression as he slid his hands to her waist.
"i did it for.."he whispered huskily in her ears to which she closed her eyes. He looked back at her and smirked seeing the effect that he had on her.
"for.."she whispered back and he started moving his hands on her belly and around her waist sending tickles down to her.
Nandini widened her eyes as Manik started tickling her.
"Manik.. Ma.. Manik.. No.."she said amongst her giggles.
"dekho.. Mat karo na.. Nahi toh.."she said trying to stop him by holding his hands.
"nahi toh.."he said as he locked her hands at her back and looked at her unmoved.
"n.. Nahi toh.. Mai bhi karungi.."she looked at him with a naughty smile.
"Nandini.. Nhi.. Please.. Mujhe tickle mat karna please.."he said sarcastically leaving her hands and she stood blankly in front of him.
"go ahead.."he said standing carelessly in front of her. She leapt closer to him and tickled him or rather tried to tickle him around but that didn't seem to have any effect on him. After a while when Nandini got tired she looked at him and he smirked.
"now its a payback time.."he said jerking her close by her waist and began tickling her again..
"Maanniikk! Noo.. Plzz.. Noo.."she said trying to get away from him while laughing her lungs out.
She tried everything that she could to get out of his grip but couldn't. Every time she tried pulling away he pulled her closer. They were almost nearing the couch while he kept tickling her when something struck Nandini. She picked up a cushion slowly while Manik was busy. She instantly hit him softly with the cushion that stunned Manik. He parted away to register what just happened when she pushed him away and ran around teasing him and showing her tongue out.
"Nandu.. This is not fair.. This is cheating.."he said as he ran after her and she ran up the stairs.
"everything is fair in love and war Mr. Malhotra.."she said while running up.
"achha toh yeh kya hai.."he asked reaching the staircase.
"yeh.. Umm.. Wait let me think.."she said leaning to the side grills of the stairs.
"so Ms. Murthy.. Wait let me come up then we'll think about it together.."he said climbing two stairs.
"very smart.. Its not such a bad idea.. But I'll prefer thinking over it alone.. Because you forget that.. I.. Nandini Murthy.. Am smarter than you.. Monster Manik Malhotra.."she said and ran away.
Manik smiled and slowly climbed up the stairs giving her the time to hide somewhere.
He reached his room and entered inside only to find her sitting on his bed totally exhausted.
"Manik.. Time out.. Please.."she said breathing heavily as he headed close to the bed and sat in front of her. She looked at him for a minute and then slowly grabbed a pillow and hit him in a swift move.
"this is world war 3.."she said giggling and hitting him.
"you're so gone Nandu.."he picked up another pillow and hit her back. They continued the pillow fight tearing pillows one after the other.
"Manik.. Seriously.. Time out.. Phase out.. Century out.. Everything out.. I'm tired.."finally she said after a big pillow war that they had.
Manik smiled at her and then looked around. There was not a single pillow left for them to tear but there were cotton feathers all around.
"waise bhi.. Ab tumhe maarne ke liye pillows bache nhi.."he said and they looked around and then back at each other. They were blank and suddenly both burst out laughing. They rolled over the bed while tears of laughter made their way out of their eyes.
"seriously.. This world War was so much fun.."Nandini said still laughing at what was happening few minutes back while Manik looked at her. His laughter had curved into a smile.
"for this.."he said and Nandini stopped laughing. She looked at him with utter confusion written on her face yet her smile didn't leave her lips.
"i surprised you for this.."he pointed to her lips that were curved into a beautiful smile that had widened even more. "Had I not come toh yeh smile kaise dekhta.. That beautiful curve of your lips when you sang with me in front of all of them.."he said as he inched closer to her face. He gently placed a soft kiss on her forehead as she closed her eyes and inched more towards him clutching his t-shirt.
They stayed in each other's arms and soon drifted into a deep slumber.