You're Not A Bad Influence!!

The day went with a lot of masti. All of them enjoyed. Though Nandini was often found lost but all of them cheered her up. Manik knew what she was thinking but he just wanted her to enjoy.
By the evening every one was exhausted but the girls still did not miss on their photo session. All the girls grabbed the guyz too into their selfie moments and finally all retired back to their rooms.
******************************
It was around 1 at midnight and Manik wasn't sleeping. There were various things clouded in his mind. He tossed on his bed but unable to sleep he walked out of the room and went down to the garden.
The wind was cold and the sky was clear. Manik walked on the moist grass barefoot feeling the wetness of the grass on his foot. It was ticklish.
His thoughts had only one thing in common. NANDINI.
Manik thought:Why did she get so angry. And why do i affect her so much.. Why does SHE affect me so much. I used to hate her once.. That time her voice was noise to my ears. But ab toh i cant even stand her silence. Tab uski presence used to irritate me.. Like her being around me was like some curse but aaj her absence becomes a curse for me.. Nandini.. This girl.. Pehle toh iski chhoti si baat bhi bakwaas lagti thi.. Ab even a word from her feels important..
While Manik was lost in his thoughts he felt a warm hand on his shoulder. The touch in itself was a discomfort to him. It was soft yet it felt like a burden.
Manik jerked the hand away and turned around only to find Vidhi standing behind him.
She wrapped a shawl that she was carrying around Manik but he threw it away instantly.
Vidhi:Manik.. I know you're angry.. But..
Manik:aaha.. I'm not angry.. Vidhi.. Gussa unse hote hai.. Jinse koi fark padta hai..
Manik looked at her calmly. Not a line on his forehead. He was totally relaxed like he was prepared for it.
Vidhi:Manik.. I know tum bhaagne ki koshish kar rhe ho.. But kab tak sach se bhaagoge.. Tumhe bhi pata hai that you love me alot and that.. You missed me..
Manik looked at her carelessly. None of her words seemed to have any effect on him.
Manik:Vidhi.. Vidhi.. Vidhi.. Tum meri silence ko kuch zada hi for granted nhi le rahi.. I mean.. Don't you think you're underestimating me.. And unnecessarily pushing your luck.. You toh should have known.. Manik Malhotra jisse bhul jaata hai.. Usse yaad karne ki koshish toh kya zaroorat bhi nahi samajhta.. Aur tum kehti ho i missed you.. Huh.. And rahi baat love ki toh.. Ek baat toh i've very well realised.. That vo jo do saal pehle humare beech tha.. Ya sirf mujhe lagta tha humare beech hai vo pyaar nahi tha.. Meri bevakufi thi.. Meri nadani thi.. Kyunki people like you don't deserve to be loved.. So forget it.. And you know what mujhse kisi ne kaha tha forgive and forget.. Toh haan.. Forgive ka toh ptanhi but forget zarut kar diya hai.. Ab tumhare hone na hone se mujhe koi farak nahi padta.. It doesn't matter to me.. Coz i have moved on.. I have people around me who are more important to me than you..
Vidhi:huh.. Wow.. I mean itna sab sikha diya tumhe uss larki ne.. I mean she brain washed you really well.. She is so cheap.. She knew that you would come back to me aur isliye usne tumhe itna kuchh samjha diya.. Lekin tum uski baaton mein itni easily aa jaoge i had no idea..
Manik:Vidhi!!don't you dare drag her into this.. Stay away from her.. Else I'm definitely gonna do something that you can't even think of..
Vidhi:Manik can't you see she has influenced you soo badly.. Manik.. Stop dreaming.. Come back to me.. I'll give you all that you missed in the last two years.. All my love.. Manik.. We'll be like before..
Manik:coming to you would be the last thing i would do even if I am dying.. And if Nandini is a wrong influence then be it.. I would love to be influenced by her in whatever way she wants..
Vidhi:manik.. Don't do this to yourself..
She came dangerously close to him leaving less than an inch gap between their lips. Manik could feel her breath on his face and it disgusted him.
Vidhi:Manik.. I promise i won't leave you ever.. Just be mine..
She said and cupped his face but Manik in return pushed her hard that she slipped and fell on the ground.
Manik:don't you dare to come close to me.. VIDHI!  For the last time I'm telling you stay away from me and my friends especially nandini.. If you harm her.. I'll make sure you beg for your death and i mean it..
He said his eyes spitting anger. Manik left from there totally unknown that there was someone who had seen and heard everything.
Nandini was standing in her balcony stunned at what she saw and heard. Her balcony was diagonal to the garden but gave a clear view of it. She had witnessed everything that happened there between Manik and Vidhi..
'if you harm her.. I'll make sure you beg for your death.. I would love to be influenced by her in whatever way she wants.. Stay away from her else I'm definitely gonna do something you can't even think of.. '
Manik's words were continuously ringing in her head and then rang her phone. She immediately rushed in and grabbed her phone from the side table. She saw the caller ID and it said Manik calling..
Nandini:i know he is calling me..
She said and picked it up. There was silence on both the ends. They could hear each other's breaths over the phone.
Nandini again moved back to the balcony.
Nandini softly:Manik..
Manik:not sleeping..?
Nandini:mm-hnm..
Silence followed.
Manik:Nandini..
Nandini:hnmm..
Manik:terrace?
Nandini:give me two mimutes..
They disconnected the call and Nandini tiptoed out of yje room with a shawl in her hands.
She reached the terrace and stood silently behind Manik who had his back facing her. She slowly began wrapping the shawl around him and he without wasting a second turned and hugged her tight. Her mere touch was enough for him to recognize her.
Nandini:Manik!
He tightened his grip on her and so did she. They stayed in the position silently for quite sometime. The moon shun brightly over them as if celebrating their togetherness.
Manik slowly broke the hug and looked at her. She remembered all what he had threatened Vidhi about.
Nandini thought:did he mean it all.. Or it was just to threaten her to keep her away from us.. Aiyappa what's happening..
She thought while theybhad an intense eye lock. Manik sensed some questions in her eyes.
Manik:Nandini.. Abhi i was in the garden and Vidhi came and..
Nandini:sshhh..
Nandini shushed him and sat down on the floor with Manik beside her.
Nandini:relax..
Manik looked at Nandini. Her face was glowing in the moonlight. He slowly lied down keeping his head in her lap. Nandini didn't react. She knew he was disturbed and let him do whatever could calm the storm inside him.
She slowly caressed his forehead and then slowly closed his eyes with her hand. He did and snuggled more into her.
He tiredly began narrating everything that happened Down. His voice modulated from anger to hurt to smirks. And Nandini just calmly listened to every word he said like she didn't know anything.
Manik:Nandini.. You're not a bad influence.. You can never be..
He sleepily said in the end while she ruffled through his hair and soon he drifted off to sleep.
Nandini kissed his forehead and he snuggled more closer to her. He was calm. The frowns on his forehead had now disappeared. Nandini smiled looking at him and soon she also drifted off to sleep taking the support of the wall behind.