Let's Go With The Flow!!

Manik walked down the stairs but his mind was still up there with Nandini.
Cabir:Manik.. Tu change kar rha tha??
Manik:haan.. Kyun..
Cabir signalled him to look at his attire. It was the same. Manik rolled his eyes.
Cabir:tu.. Pkka change hi ka rha tha na ya kuchh aur..
Manik:kuchh aur.. Like seriously Cabir..
Cabir:Like. Seriously.. Influential..
Manik remembered that it was Nandini's style of talking..
Everyone looked at them confusedly.
Aliya:guyzz what's going on..
Dhruv:haan guyz.. Tum dono.. Kya bol rhe ho..
Manik:nothing.. Cabir is showing off his craziness..
He glared at Cabir.
They all sat in the hall and Manik remembered his plan of going to Goa..
Manik:uhh.. Guyz.. I have a plan.. Cabir and Mukti:against??
Manik:uuf.. Against nahi for..
Cabir:for?
Manik:haan.. Now that Musical is also done we are free for this week.. Toh i thought we could go to Goa for a week and enjoy.
Manik didn't mentioned Nandini and her friends as it would have been too soon for them to digest the fact that Manik had planned this for Nandini and with Nandini. But.. But.. He forgot his mind reader.
Cabir looked at Manik. He wondered what changed in two and half hours that Manik was so calm and was planning a holiday. He remembered that Manik was angry when he left the college and even Nandini wasn't around. Coz there was no sign of her being around. Maybe she had really gone home..
Manik:what say?
Manik said aloud breaking Cabir's chain of thoughts..
Dhruv:that would be awesome..
Aliya:but we need to go for shopping too.. When are we leaving?
Manik:Saturday.. This.. Saturday..
Manik kept his fingers crossed. He wanted atleast one of them to ask him to tag along Nandini's group. He didn't want her to drop her own idea. She was really excited for it..
Cabir:everything is already planned.. Good.. But..
Mukti:yaah.. Guyzz.. I was also thinking.. Why don't we take Abhi..i mean Nandini and her friends..
Manik was shocked actually more than shocked. Though he wanted someone to say this but Mukti..
Manik to himself:unexpected..
Manik and Cabir replayed her sentence and finally got the catch but kept mum..
Manik:umm.. But..
Cabir:why not.. Afterall more the people.. Double the fun.. Haina Manik.
Cabir smirked. Manik was about to say something but was interrupted by the sudden loud noise in his room. It sounded as if something heavy fell down..
Aliya:what was that..?
Dhruv:buddy tere room mein koi hai..
Manik confused yet worried:uuhh.. Haan vo kaka room clean kar rhe the.. I'll just check..
Manik got up in a hurry. Though he had not heard Nandini's voice even for once but he was worried about her.. He rushed up the stairs leaving everyone confused. Cabir stormed his brain and finally found the perfect reason for Manik's behaviour.
Cabir:but.. I hope she is fine..
Dhruv:she.. Cabir..??
Cabir:haan kya she..
Dhruv:you hope.. She.. Is fine..
Cabir:yaah i was thinking about Nandini..
Mukti:Nandini kaha se aayi..
Cabir:arey.. Itti jaldi bhul gye abhi toh aayi when were planning to take them with us.. Toh mujhe yaad aaya.. Vo aaj jaldi ghar chali gyi thi na.. Toh.. And she had recently hurt her leg so..
Mukti:tu kyun itna concerned ho rha hai..
Mukti said teasingly and Cabir rolled his eyes..
Dhruv to himself:pitna thorhi hai isse..
Dhruv murmured under his breath and then chuckled. Same was with Cabir.
Cabir thought:Manik jaan le lega.. Agar socha bhi toh.. Marna nahi hai abhi..
He said and with his last line flashed Navya's face in front of his eyes.
On the other side Manik rushed into his room and found it empty. Manik looked around for Nandini and soon spot her on the balcony door. She was sitting there silently but her head was continuously moving back and forth.
Manik whispered:Nandini..!
Manik walked closer to her and was shocked at what he saw.
Nandini sat there holding her leg with tears flowing down her cheeks..
Manik:Nandini..
He sat beside her as she opened her eyes and wiped her tears.
Nandini:umm.. Vo.. Yeh windchime.. Tuta hua hai..
Manik:toh tum bina help ke iss chhote se stool pe chadh gyi.. Yeh bhi nhi socha iska kya hoga..
Nandini looked at him narrow eyed as he didn't care about her but the stool.
Nandini:like seriously.. You're thinking about this stool. What about me..
Manik chuckled.
Manik:Nandini.. Why should I think about you when you yourself don't think about yourself.. Chadhne se pehle soch toh leti if it'll help you or hurt you.
Nandini giggled and tried to stand but couldn't as her leg was paining. Manik picked her up softly and settled her on the bed did her bandage.
He made her rest and walked down.
Dhruv:buddy.. Kya hua.. What took you so long..
Manik:nothing.. So is the plan done.. Today is Thursday.. You've got one day..
Alya:shopping.!!
Dhruv:but buddy.. Who'll ask Nandini and her group.. And would they agree..
Manik smiled:she would..
Cabir:how are you so sure..
Cabir teased him.
Manik:Cabir.. Navya and Nandini are new here.. Ofcourse they will agree..
Manik glared at him.
Cabir:point.. But un do bandaro ko bhi leke jaana padega..
Mukti:Cabir.. Don't be so rude..
Manik smirked:kya yaar.. Cabir.. Don't be so rude.. Mukti doesn't like it. Btw why don't you like it Mukti..
Cabir,Dhruv and aliya giggled.
Mukti:cmon guyzz.. Now stop getting ideas to your head.. Lets get going.. Aliya ko shopping bhi karni hai.. And i guess.. We should talk to Nandini about it..
Cabir:haan but Nandini and Navya and the rest se mai aur Manik baat kar lenge..
Aliya:are you sure..
Manik:yaah..
Dhruv:chalo then.. Let's leave.. I'll inform the authorities for our leave.
Aliya:umm.. I'll join you.. Coz.. Bhai ko bhi btana hai.. And he had told me that he'll stay in the college till late..
Mukti:college mein till late.. What's he upto now..
Cabir:Mukti.. Tu chhorh na usse.. They all got up to leave and Manik bid them and walked back to his room.
As he entered he saw Nandini doing something on her phone.
Manik fakes a cough to let Nandini know of his presence.
Nandini immediately hid her phone and looked at him with a smile. Manik was surprised at her sudden action.
Manik thought:what was she doing and why did she hide her phone like this..
Manik came and sat next to her on the bed.
Manik:what's up..
Nandini:nothing.. Did you talk to them about going to Goa..
Manik:yaah they agreed..
Nandini:really.. And did you ask them about us..
Manik:no..
Nandini sadly:why..?
Manik smiled and pulled her closer:because I wanted them to ask me to tag you guyzz too..
Nandini:but..
Manik:Mukti did..
Nandini:Mukti..!!
Manik:yaah.. She really wanted all of you to come.. And specially..
Nandini:Abhi..
Manik looked at Nandini shocked. She knew it. But how..
Nandini:Manik.. I noticed it two days back.. Jab hum lunch ke liye canteen mein the.. She was stealing glances at him.. And trust me she looked really cute when she did that..
Nandini:but tell me something.. Why do Dhruv and Aliya behave so wierd sometimes.. They sometimes look like a couple deeply in love and sometimes they behave like strangers..
She knew this too. Manik was beyond shock. She could actually read faces..
Manik:tum.. Are you some face reader..
Nandini:not really but I can tell what one feels.. Coz its visible in their expressions..
Manik:oohh..is that so.. So tell me.. What am I feeling..
Nandini:Manik.. You toh are very predictable.. Like i don't have to look at your face to tell you what you feel.. Actually not only me.. Anybody can guess it.. You are confused.. About something.. What I don't know but you're always trying to untangle the strings of something..
She was right. He was confused but didn't show it on his face.
Nandini:Manik.. I think.. I should go.. I have to talk to others also na..
Manik:yaah.. But tumhara leg..
Nandini:its fine now..
She got out of the bed and walked down with Manik behind her.
Manik was with her till she got in her car which she had parked at the back of the house. She drove off after giving her usual beautiful smile to him. But Manik stood still amazed at how she could tell what exactly he was feeling.