Shower Of Sadness..

Time passed and the evening began to dawn. The cool breeze became cooler and it sent shivers down their spine.
Suddenly Nandini opened her eyes to find herself in his arms. She got up with a jerk getting Manik back to his senses. They looked here and there awkwardly.
Manik:umm.. Lets go to the beach..
He finally broke the wall of awkwardness between them.
Nandini:beach..??
Manik:yahh..come..
Nandini:baaki sab..
Manik:vo hume vhi join kar lenge later..
Nandini:oh.. Ohky.. I'll just go and change..
She said and he looked at her dress. She hadn't changed. Manik nodded and moved out while Nandini headed down to her room.
She entered her room to find Navya sleeping on the couch. She seemed to be in a deep sleep. Without wasting time she tiptoed towards her clothes and grabbed a pair of shorts and moved to the washroom. She did everything very quietly making sure not to disturb Navya. She came out in the same top but changed shorts.
She left the room just as she had come and walked to the lobby where Manik waited for her.
As Nandini walked towards him all the eyes turned to her. Even Manik couldn't take his eyes off her. He had never seen her in shorts but this time it looked like its only meant for her. He smiled at her and they walked out.
The beach wasn't far and so they reached soon.
Nandini:its so calm here.. Only the waves of water.
Manik:beaches are the best part of Goa.. Especially in the evenings.. You can clearly see the sunset.
He grabbed Nandini's hand and walked more towards the sea. There was a huge rock there. The water splashed over the rock everytime the waves came to the shore. Manik made Nandini sit on the rock and then sat beside her. It was calm. None of them spoke a word as the sun began setting.
Suddenly something struck Nandini and she jumped down the rock. Manik was confused but he followed her.
Nandini walked Slightly into the water where the waves could splash on her easily. Manik walked right behind her and she knew it. She abruptly stopped and bent down making Manik more confused. He kept looking at what she was doing trying to understand what she wanted when a splash of water landed on his face followed by Nandini's giggle. He was shocked and wet. He looked at Nandini and she had the naughtiness in her eyes. He smirked at her and she began running. He ran behind her. While they were busy playing their tom and jerry game there was someone watching them with deadly cold eyes.
Manik finally caught hold of Nandini and was about to dip her into the water when he felt someone's gaze on them. He turned and saw the same familiar face in a distance. But his view was again not clear.
Nandini:Manik you loose..
She said as she noticed that he was distracted. He looked at her and smiled.
Manik:I loose..
He said and they began walking on the sea shore. Manik knew what was coming his way next and he wanted to run away from there but couldn't.
They were busy walking when they heard someone calling his name.
Nandini:Manik someone's calling you..
Manik nervously:me no..
Nandini:yes..
She said and they turned around only to find a girl running towards them crazily. She was visibly drunk. Manik took two steps forward and stood there numb.
The girl wasn't very far and she came directly crashing into him. She hugged him tight murmuring his name. Nandini witnessed it all. Their hug stabbed her heart. Manik tried to get control over the girl but she just sticked to him still murmuring.
Girl:Manik.. Where were you.. I missed you..
Nandini's heart was shattered but to add to her dismay Manik took no notice of her as he picked the girl in his arms and walked back towards the hotel.
A part of Nandini wanted to follow him but she stopped herself. She had to give him his space and herself some time to understand what was happening to her.
She walked back to the same rock where they had been sitting and watching the sunset. She pulled up her legs close to her chest and wrapped her arms around. While Manik walked in the lobby still unknown that Nandini wasn't around. He placed the girl on the couch in front of the reception and asked the receptionist about her. He got to know that she had been staying there only. He asked the receptionist to help the girl to her room and after that he left to his room.
On the other side Nandini sat there in a pool of her own tears but maybe the nature didn't like her crying alone. It started raining. It was the first shower of Monsoon there or rather a way nature shed Nandini's parts of tears. It was raining quite heavily but Nandini didn't move. She could hide her tears behind the tiny rain drops on her.
Finally when she was dripping wet she got up to leave. She took slow and steady steps towards the hotel where by now a huge mess was created. All of the others were getting ready to go to the beach and Manik though didn't want to go but agreed when he was insisted upon by Cabir and Dhruv.
All were there in the lobby when Navya came running. She was continuously repeating Nandini's name making everyone worried. Even Manik who thought Nandini must have followed him back to the hotel.
Navya:Nandini kahi nhi mil rahi..
Dhruv and Cabir:Matlab.. Vo din mein toh room mein gyi thi na..
Navya:nhi jab hum room mein pahunche to vo room mein nhi thi.. Uske baad humare aankh lag gyi.. Aur abhi jab uthe tab bhi vo room mein nhi thi..
Manik grew worried he immediately ran up. First in the terrace then in all the rooms he checked everywhere but she was nowhere.
He came back to the lobby cluelessly.
Manik:she is nowhere.
Cabir looked at him helplessly. They were about to split to find her when a girl totally wet entered the lobby. She was dripping. She had her sandles in one hand and the other was struggling to keep her wet hair away from her face.
Alya:Nandini!!!
Nandini looked up and found everyone staring at her blankly. She didn't want anyone to know what was going in her. She plasted a broader smile and came towards them while the other guyzz in lobby were just admiring the wet beauty.
Nandini:aise kyu dekh rahe ho..
Mukti:tum thi kaha.. Aur yeh kya haal bana rakha hai..
Nandini:mai beach par thi.. Aur yeh.. Vo baarish mein bheeg gyi.. Its raining heavily..
Abhi:Nandini.. You know ki tujhe baarish mein bheegna suit nhi karta right.. Last time you had viral.. Amms humesha mana karti hai na..
Nandini:please amms ko kuchh nahi btana.. Bhot daant padegi..
Abhi:padni bhi chahiye..
Nandini made a sad face and Manik kept admiring her.
Navya:par beach par din se..!
Manik looked at her to see what she says.
Nandini:nhi.. Lunch ke baad mein room mein gyi thi with Aryaman but i was getting bored so terrace pe chali gyi.. Fresh air you know.. And then when i came to the room tum so rhi thi isliye.. I changed aur beach pe chali gyi.. It was so calm and quiet there.. So peaceful.. The sunset it was beautiful. Aur phir baarish shuru ho gyi.. Toh i came back..
She narrated everything but the only difference was that Manik didn't exist in any of the part..
Manik:you went alone..
He was upset but for the first time he couldn't understand what Nandini was hiding behind her fake glow and happiness.
Nandini looked at him with the same constant smile..
Nandini:obviously na Manik.. Ab tum sab rest kar rhe the toh..
Abhi:baaki interrogation baad mein.. Nandu tu andar jaa and change kar ke aa.. Phir we'll go to the beach club.
Nandini:tum sab jaao mai aa jaungi..
Mukti:are you sure..
Nandini nodded and left.
All of them were leaving when Manik said that he had got some work and he would join them in a while. All agreed and left. Manik headed to Nandini's room. He knocked on the door but got no response. He knocked at least 10 times and finally she opened the door. She wore a red bell sleeved top with black shorts. Her hair were still wet. Manik stormed into the room just as she opened the door. He paced restlessly while she closed the door and came to him. She touched his shoulder and he immediately grabbed her and pinned her to the wall.
Manik:why didn't you come back with me..
He said softly while she looked at him blankly.
Nandini:Manik.. I wanted to stay there..
Manik:you were alone..
His hands slid down from her arms to her waist. He pulled her closer.
Nandini:there were so many people..
Manik:you knew no one..
He said even more softly as he inched closer to her.
Nandini:relax..
Manik:what's going on with you.. Nandini:nothing..
She said and smiled broadly again.
Manik:don't even try to hide it behind this smile..
One hand of his left her waist and cupped her face. He caressed her cheeks softly.
Nandini:Manik.. I'm not hiding..
She said and tried to get out of his grip as she was falling week.
Manik:then stay..
Nandini looked at him:my hair.. They are wet..
Manik looked in her eyes and he knew she was trying hard to hide her emotions.
He made her sit on the bed and then took the towel and put it on her head rubbing it slowly.
Manik:Nandini.. I thought you were behind me all the time..
Nandini:Manik.. I just wanted to give you your space.. You looked tensed when that girl clung to you..
Manik:Nandini.. Vo..
Nandini:Manik.. I did not ask you.  Relax.. Lets go they must be waiting.
Manik:you don't even want to know..
Nandini:mm-hnm.. Not like this.. Not until you wanna tell me..
Manik was again dumbstruck. He couldn't say anything. He didn't know what to say. 
Nandini kept the towel aside picked up her phone and they walked out silently. Manik did feel guilty to have not noticed her absence around for leaving her alone. But he couldn't do anything. He didn't know what to do.