Mixed Emotions.. Complete Confusions(B)!!

It was almost lunch time when Fab5 wrapped up their practices and called it for a day. They all were about to move out of the jam room when Cabir said.
Cabir:umm.. Manik.. Mujhe tujhse baat karni hai.. Chal mere saath..
He said and Manik looked at him confused but followed him as he moved out.
Cabir dragged Manik near the staircase.
Manik:Cabir.. Kya hua tu.. Why did you drag me here like this..
Cabir smirked.
Cabir:kyu.. Tujhe kahi jaana hai.. Koi wait kar rha hai tera...
Manik smiled like an idiot as Cabir's words reminded him of his sweet sweet moments with Nandini in the morning.
Cabir:Manik.. Hello.. Manik..
He called his name finding him lost but Manik didn't respond.
Cabir:Manik.. Manikk..!!
Cabir shook him from his shoulders to bring him back..
Manik:uhh.. Haan.. You were saying..
Cabir:bro.. Mai toh bhot kuchh keh rha tha but tunne kuchh nhi suna shayad.. Kaha.. Where are you lost..
Manik:lost.. Me.. Naah.. Mai sun toh rha hun.. Bol kya hua..
Cabir:tu mujhe bta.. Nandini se baat hui..
Manik:Nandini.. Haan.. Vo.. Hui..
Cabir:what did you tell her.. Kaunsa excuse diya tunne uss innocent ko..
Manik:excuse.. Nahi diya..
Csbir:matlab..
Manik:i.. Told her everything..
Cabir:ooh ohky.. You told her..wait.. Whaattt?? You told her everything.. Manik.. Everything..
Cabir looked at him wide eyed in disbelief.
Manik:hnm.. Uss time.. Nothing else came to my mind and i told her everything..
Cabir:haww.. Manik.. What if she uses it against you.. Haww..
He said animatedly to make Manik realize that things are changing. He is changing.
The Manik Malhotra who had never again discussed Vidhi with anyone had told everything about her to a new person in his life..
Manik:Cabir.. She won't do any like that.. Everyone is not like Vidhi.. I trust her...
Cabir smiled coz this is what everybody was trying to make Manik understand but failed.
Cabir to himself:she has definitely got something..
Manik:haan.. Kuchh kaha..
Cabir:haan.. Manik how do you know that Nandini is not like Vidhi.. And how are you so sure about her..
Manik:Cabir.. Are you trying to mislead me about Nandini..
Cabir:nahi.. Manik.. Tujhe yeh realise karva raha hun.. Ki..
Manik:ki..
Cabir:ki Nandini ne vo kar diya jo hum inn do saalon mein nhi kar paaye.. She made you realise that.. Everyone is not like Vidhi.. And not everyone wishes to use your secrets, your feelings and your past against you.. Manik.. What's so special ki toh.. Uski baat itni jaldi samajh gya.. And hum.. Even after being so close to you couldn't make you under this..
Manik:special.. Are you crazy.. Nothing is special.. I had understood when you guyz told me but i just couldn't accept it.. And today i finally did..
Cabir:Manik.. Face it.. She made you accept it.. Nandini is special.. She's special for you..
Manik:nonsense.. Cabir.. She is just..
Cabir:just?? Friend?? Cmon.. Manik.. Tu bhi jaanta hai that its not friendship between you.. So don't give me this just friends crap okay..
Manik:its nothing other than that.. Mai ek baar phirse vhi mistake repeat nahi karna chahta.. Mai.. Vidhi ko nahi bhul paata.. Moreover.. Uska betrayal nahi bhul paata.. Mai Nandini ko vha khada nahi kar sakta jaha vo belong nahi karti.. I can't love her.. I loved Vidhi.. And love happens only once..
Cabir:crap.. Manik.. If that was love toh vo vaapis aa jati.. But she's not around but who's around you and will always be is Nandini.. Manik.. Vidhi didn't deserve you.. Achha chal ek baat bta.. Kal jab tunne apne past ke baare mein Nandini ko bataya.. What were your expressions..
Manik irritatedly:i was.. Crying..
Cabir:and what was her reaction..
Manik:she was also crying..
Cabir:expected.. Did you ask her why..
Manik:i told her to forget what i said.. But she jerked me off.. And.. Said that it's not easy..
Cabir:why isn't it easy for her.. To forget your pain...
Cabir emphasized on his last line and Manik continued like a hypnotized patient...
Manik:i asked her why.. She asked me why had i not forgotten it.. I said coz it happened with me... She looked in my eyes.. Tears still flowing down her cheeks.. She said that she couldn't forget because she saw me reliving it..
Cabir smiled And Manik looked at him expressionlessly..
Cabir:how did you feel.. When you saw her hurt and crying..
Manik:it ached me.. My heart..
Cabir:why..
Manik had no answer.
Cabir:do you remember that night when Vidhi revealed her motive of being with you..
Manik looked at him with a How-can-i-forget-that look..
Cabir:Manik how were you feeling that night.. And what were you doing..
Manik:i was shattered.. Into pieces.. I just cried and begged her not to leave me..
Cabir:and what were her reactions and what did she do..
Manik:she laughed at me and walked away..
Cabir:jab tu uske baare mein pehle sochta tha toh you used to feel hurt na..
Manik:obvious Cabir..
Cabir:hnmm.. And last night what hurt you more your past and Vidhi's betrayal.. Or Nandini concern and her tears..
Manik closed his eyes and only Nandini's tears flashed in front of his eyes and it again ached his heart.. And he responded with his eyes Still closed.
Manik:her tears..
Cabir:hnmm.. And you used to call that 2 yrs old nonsense love.. Manik.. Wake up.. Love is what you're experiencing now.. Not that you experienced 2 yrs back.. Uss chalti phirti fashion studio ko tu apna love consider karta tha..
Manik:nahi.. Cabir.. Maybe that wasn't love but even this is not love.. Nahi.. I cannot love anyone.. Love hurts.. It's never forever.. Nahi.. This is not love bas..
Cabir:i wish iss feeling ko kya kehte hain vo hum decide kar paate...
Manik was hell bent irritated. Cabir had put zillions of questions in his head to which he had no answer.
Manik angrily walked past the canteen where everyone including Nandini and her friends were sitting. Nobody noticed him go out except Nandini. She saw his angry monstrous face and it scared the guts out of her.
Nandini to hers:aiyappa.! Iss monster ko kya hua subha tak toh thik tha..
Just as Manik walked off her sight she saw Cabir entering.
Mukti:Cabir..Manik kaha hai..
Cabir:vo.. Kuchh answers dhundne gya hai..
He said lost.
Navya:matlab..
Cabir:yaar.. Usse kuchh kaam tha toh vo chala gya.. Aur Madhubala tum apna dimaag mat chalao..vaise hi chhota sa hai zada use krogi toh kisi din gayab ho jaega..
Everyone giggled..
Navya:Cabir tum na.. Mata rani.. Kya hoga iska.. Matlab aapne isse toh dharti pe bheja.. Par isko bhi thoda aur dimaag de dete.. Humari intelligent se jealous hota rehta hai..
Cabir:kya.. jealous.. Mai.. Aur vo bhi tumse..
Navya:lo ab behra bhi ho gya..
All of them were enjoying this tom and Jerry fight but Nandini at the back of her mind was still tensed about Manik and his sudden monstrous avatar.
Cabir:madhubala.. Mere itne bhi bure din nahi aaye ki mai tumse aur tumhare iss chhote se dimaag se jealous ho jau.. Toh please khudko itni importance mat do..
Navya:dekho tumm..
Dhruv:guyzz bas karo.. Tum dono toh pagal ho hi hume bhi pagal kar doge.. Anyways mai buddy ko puchhta hun vo aise suddenly kyu chla gya aur kab tak aaega..
Nandini's eyes glowed at this but not for long as Cabir did not let him.
Cabir:arey kuchh urgent kaam tha isliye usse jaana pada.. Din call him..

On the other side Manik was on the main road Driving as rashly as he could. Cabir's words didn't seem to leave his mind. Instead they added even more questions to the already existing ones.
Manik was confused, angry, hurt, happy.. Everything at once. He wanted it to be love. He wanted to name this feeling as love but was scared to loose everything again. Vidhi's words that he was ambitious rang in his head and he thought if he was really capable of handling any relation. He didn't want history to repeat itself. He didn't want everything to end up the way it did two years back. He didn't want Nandini to end up saying everything that Vidhi did. Though he believed Nandini when she said that she'll be with him forever but his mind didn't stop it's dirty games.
Manik finally reached home and directly stormed into his room. He was going mad. His inner voices. Those questions those insecurities those doubts were making him go insane. He wanted to silence it all. He could even bang his head on the wall for that matter to stop those questions those arousing new doubts.
He finally managed to control himself and sat beside the bed with his guitar. He tuned it to calm the storm inside him. Though the  only one who could calm him that time was Nandini and he knew it. She had been calling him since he left the college but he didn't answer any of her calls and finally irritatedly he switched off his phone. He wanted to calm himself down because he knew that Nandini would definitely crash into his house by evening if he doesn't answer her calls and talk to her. And this time he didn't want to hurt her at any cost.

Main tujhse pyar nahi karta
Par koi aisi sham nahin
Jab main apni tanhai mein
Tera intezar nahin karta

Manik sang as if trying to convince himself and his heart that its not love..but then what was it that was neither letting him accept nor letting him let go.
Main tujhse pyaar nahin karta
Dil se ye kehta rehta hoon
Par teri saanson mein chhup ke
Main saansein leta rehta hoon
Is se inkaar nahin karta
Main tujhse pyaar nahin karta...

Manik was confused. His mind everytime repeated the same but his heart everytime found some or the other loop hole and flaw in his mind's so called fact.

Mujhe kuch bhi yaad nahi rehta
Kab din dooba, kab raat hui
Abhi kal ki baat hai
Pehron tak meri deewaaron se baat hui..

Jo hosh zaraa sa baaqi hai
Lagta hai khone waala hoon
Afwaah udi hai yaaron mein
Main paagal hone waala hoon
Main tujhse pyaar nahin karta..

He remembered Cabir's words which were really eating him.

Main tujhse pyaar nahi karta
Par aisa koi din hai kya?
Jab yaad tuje teri baaton ko
Sau-sau baar nahi karta

Manik unknowingly smiled while singing these lines as he remembered how Nandini used to talk and talk continuously. And how they had enjoyed their morning with each other in each other's arms.
Manik ended the song and rested his head on the bed. He still hadn't found the answers but the turmoil within him was now a bit calm..
He decided to take a walk at the pool side and got up. He had just opened to door when his eyes widened in shock..