First Heart To Heart!

Murthy's
Nandini reached home tired because of all the events that occurred in the college..
Chachi:kya baat hai Nandu.. Aaj kuchh zada hi thaki hui lag rhi hai.. Tabyat thik hai na..
Nandini:ji chachi.. Tabyat thik hai... Bas aaj ka din kaafi eventful tha.. Toh thorha eventful tha..
Chachi:ooh tab tu aaj Manik ke ghar nahi jaa paaegi..
Nandini:Manik ke ghar... Kyu jaana hai chachi...
Chachi:vo Akshan bhai saab ko inse business related kuchh baat karni thi soo Nyonika ne kaha ki hum bh aa jaaye.. Usse tere saath thorha aur time spend karna tha.. Par tu toh thak gyi hai..
Nandini:chachi.. Aunty ne specially aapko bulaya hai...
Chachi:par tu nahi kaayegi toh kya faaeda.. Achha ek kaam kar tu abhi rest karle.. Phur thorhi der mein chalege hum..
Nandini:par chachi..
Chachi:chal na Nandu.. Aise mana mat kar..
Nandini:thik hai..
Nandini finally agreed amd walked to her room.
Nandini:aiyappa.. Phirse Manik..
She muttered.

Malhotra's
Nyonika:Manikk...
Manik:ji mom..
Nyonika:aaj shaam ko Murthys aa rhe hai dinner pe..
Manik: phirse..
Manik sighed and sat back on his bed..
Manik:phirse Nandini... I'll have to face her again... But iss baar Dhruv ki baat maanni padegi.. Aftrall she is his friend now..

Evening at Malhotras
Manik was in his room tuning his guitar when the doorbell rang..
Manik:mommm... Pehle mera juice do..
Nyonika:yaah I'm just sending..
Nyonika opened the door and welcomed them. She side hugged Nandini..
Nyonika:Aaiye andar aaiye.. Mai bas do minute mein Manik ko uska juice de kar aati hun..
Chachi:arey aap baitho.. Nandu de aayegi..
Nandini looked at chachi with stunned eyes. She didn't want to face Manik soo soon.
Chachi:de aayegi na Nandu..
Nandini nodded nervously.
Nyonika:thanku beta... Vo upar apne kamre mein hai..
Nandini took the glass of juice and walked upstairs nervously.
Nandini:stay calm.. But what if he again gets angry on seeing me.. What if he again shouts.. Aiyappa.. Please handle kar lena.. She mumbled as she was going up. Rishabh noticed her nervousness and wanted to help her out some how but was bound.
Nandini reached to the top of the stairs but was confused between the two rooms.
Suddenly Nandini heard a voice and followed it. She finally reached a closed door. She was about to knock but was stopped by the soothing voice.
Pal.. do pal ki kyun hai zindagi
Iss pyaar ko hai sadiyan kaafi nahi..
Toh khuda se maang loon
Mohallat main ek nai
Rehanaa hai bas yahaan
Ab door tujhse jana nahi...
Jo tu mera humdard hai
Suhaana har dard hai
Jo tu mera humdard hai
Nandini was spellbound. She was totally captured by the voice.
Teri muskuraahate hain taakat meri
Mujhko enhi se ummid mili
Chaahe kare koi sitam ye jahaan
Enmein hi hai sadaa hifaajat meri
Zindagaani badi khoobsurat hui
Jannat ab aur kya hogi kahin
Jo tu mera hamdard hai
Suhaana har dard hai
Jo tu mera hamdard hai
Inside the room manik sang with his eyes closed. He could not think of anything else but Nandini's smiling face. It disturbed him more while outside Nandini stood still holding the glass in her hand.
Teri dhadkanon se hai zindagi meri
Khwaahisein teri ab duaayein meri
Kitna anokha bandhan hai ye
Teri meri jaan jo ek hui..
Lautunga yahaan tere paas mein haan
Vaada hai mera, mar bhi jaaun kahin..
Nandini could understand some pain in the voice.
Jo tu mera hamdard hai
Suhaana har dard hai
Jo tu mera hamdard hai..
Manik finished his song.
Nandini was mesmerised by the voice and so she subconsciously knocked on the door.
Manik:come in..
Nandini recognized the voice and again got nervous. She slowly pushed the door open and that made Manik look towards her..
Manik:tum..
Nandini:umm..vo aunty ne kaha ki tumhe juice dedu.. But its ok.. Main kisi aur se bhijva deti hun..
Manik looked at her while she looked here and there nervously. He instantly remembered Dhruv's words.
Manik:stop..
He said just when Nandini turned to leave.
She looked at him questioningly.
Manik:its ok.. U can come..
Nandini was surprised at his changed behavior but She walked in and handed him the juice.
Manik:thanks and I'm sorry..
Nandini looked at him innocently.
He indicated her to sit.
Manik:mujhe tumpe subah chillana nahi chahiye tha..
Nandini:even I'm sorry..
She said softly and Manik looked at her.
Nandini:I misunderstood you so many times..
Manik:its ok.. By the way.. Tumhe aisa kyu lagta hai.. That I hide something behind my anger.
Nandini looked at him with wide eyes. While Manik couldn't understand why he asked it?
Manik: Dhruv ne btaya..
Nandini:you're very predictable.. You can hide things in yourself but your eyes can't.. Earlier I used to think that you're the worst person I could ever meet.. And that you're an actual monster.. You can never understand anyone's feeling.. But then today.. There was something else in your eyes.. There was pain..
Manik looked at her while she innocently kept on saying.. Manik was surprised on how she could understand so much so easily..
Manik:don't you think you speak too much..
Nandini stopped abruptly and looked at him. While he kept staring at her and a smile automatically appeared on his face..
Nandini:tumne juice nahi piya..
She suddenly said which made Manik confused.
Nandini: juice pee lena..
She got up and was about to leave when Manik held her hand.
Manik:what do you think I'm hiding..
Nandini:i dont know.. But there's definitely something that your eyes want to say..
Manik:and you don't want to listen to what they want to say..
Nandini:why would they wanna tell me..
Manik could not reply. He didn't know how became so open with her but there was something in this girl that pulled him towards her ..
Nandini understood his silence. She smiled.
nandini:i would listen to them when they think it's the right time to tell me.. Juice pee kar neeche aa jaana.. Everybody is waiting..
Nandini said and left.
Manik smiled at her response. He immediately finished the juice and freshened up.
Manik was down within 15 minutes.
Manik:hello beautiful people..
Nyonika was surprised to see him so happy..
Malini:maan bhai..
Malini hugged him and he responded but his eyes were constantly searching for some one.
Chachi:Malini usse baithne toh de..
Malini moved away and Manik sat beside Rishabh.
Manik:hey champ how are you..
He asked Rishabh while he still looked around for Nandini as she was not in the hall..
Rishabh:I'm fine..
Rishabh smiled.'he is nice I suppose.. Nobody can fake so much..'Rishabh thought.
Nyonika:yrr aap bhi naa.. Kaha Nandini ko kitchen mein ghusa diya..
Chachi:maine toh mana kiya tha.. Malini bula kar la Nandu ko..
Manik who had been listening to them very keenly now smiled broadly.
Malini went in the kitchen and dragged Nandini out with her.
Malini:mom.. Di ko kitchen se itna pyaar hai.. Vo toh kitchen se nikalne ke liya hi tayyar nahi thi... Mujhe kheech kar bhaar laana pada inhe..
Malini complained while Nandini did not say anything. All this was witnessed by Manik and Rishabh..
Rishabh got up and slowly walked beside Nandini..
Rishabh:meri behen ko kitchen se itna pyaar kab se...
Rishabh whispered in her ears slowly and she smiled and punched him lightly in his stomach..
Rishabh:diii... Did I miss something..
Nandini looked at Manik who was constantly staring at them and then she looked at Rishabh and nodded a no.
Nyonika:yeh dono bhai behen vha kya baate kar rha hai..
They looked at Nyonika and nodded in a no.
Rishabh went back to sit beside Manik and Nandini sat with Malini. They all chatted for a while and this time Manik and Nandini also took active part. And this surprised all of them.
Akshan:guyz.. Ab na mujhe bhot bhuk lagi hai.. Come lets have dinner..
Everybody agreed and headed towards the dining table but this time Manik on purpose took a seat beside Nandini.
Rishabh was surprised that Nandini did not seem to have any problem. They all started their dinner and Manik and Nandini kept stealing glances at each other..
Soon everyone was done with the dinner and they were about to leave when abruptly Nyonika stopped Nandini.
Nyonika:Nandini.. Do minute mere saath aao..
Nandini looked at Manik who was equally confused.
Nyonika took Nandini near the kitchen.
Nandini:kya hua aunty..
Nyonika:mujhe pta chla aaj college mein kya hua.. I just have one to say... Uss Harshad se tum jitna dur reh sakti ho raho...
Nandini:ji aunty... Mujhe Dheuuv ne bh bola tha.. Mai iss baat ka dhyaan rakhungi...
Nyonika:chlo gud that you know..
Nyonika and Nandini walked back to everone and the Murthys left..
Manik:thanks mom...
Nyonika:anytime.. But Manik tumne mujhse toh bulva Diya.. Par tumhe bhi usse Harshad se dur rakhna hoga...
Manik:i will..
Manik said and went to his room remembering their first heart to heart conversation.