The Ugly Past!!

Manik reached home. But his mind was still on her. With her. Every time he closed his eyes her long black hair and her fair skin flashed in front of his eyes. Her melodious voice echoed in in his ears.. He sat on his bed with his guitar in his hand.. He wanted to hear her again. He slowly closed his eyes and tuned his guitar while that girl danced in his imagination.
Har lamha dekhne ko.. Tujhe intezaar karna.. Tujhe yaad karke aksar... Raaton mein roz jagna.. Badla hua hai kuch toh.. Dil in dino yeh apna... He sang with a lot of passion in his voice..
Kaash vo pal paida hi na ho.. Jis pal mein nazar tu na aaye.. Kaash vo pal paida hi na ho jis pal mein nazar tu na aaye.. Gar kahi aisa pal ho.. toh iss pal mein mar jaayen.. Mar jaayen.. Mar jaayen.. Mar jaaye.. Ho.. Mar jaayen.. Mar jaaye.. Mar jaayen.. Mar jaaye..ho Mar jaayen.. He sang as he tried creating her face in his mind.
Tujhse juda hone ka talvur ek gunaah sa lagta hai jab aata hai bheed mein aksar.. Mujhko tanha karta hai.. Khwaab mein bh jo dekhle yeh.. Raaton ki neende udd jaaye..mar jaaye.. Mar jaaye.. Mar jaaye.. Ho.. mar jaayen.. Her voice increased his curiosity everytime he remembered it.
Aksar mere har ek pal mein.. Kyun yeh sawaal sa rehta hai.. Tujhse mera taluk hai yeh kaisa.. Akhir kaisa rishta hai.. Tujhko na jis din hum dekhe... vo din kyun guzar hi naa paaye.. Mar jaaye.. Mar jaaye.. Mar jaaye.. Ho.. Mar jaaye.. Mar jaayen.. Mar jaayen.. Mar jaayen.. Ho.. Mar jaaye...mar jaayen.. Mar jaayen.. Mar jaayen.. Ho.. Mar jaayen.. He remembered how he was captivated by her voice. He could not under why he felt so connected with that girl..
He rested his head on the bed rest and soon drifted off to sleep.
On the other hand Nandini was having a great day. She had practiced quite well for her performance and as Raghav sir said she sang better than everyone in the class.. She was on cloud nine on hearing that. She immediately wanted to run home and tell everyone about her first awesome day at college. Especially Rishabh. She finished her classes and left for home by evening.

Murthy's
Nandini entered with a glow on her face. Everybody was curious to know the reason..
Chachi:kya baat hai Nandu bada chamak rahi hai.. Lagta hai kuchh zada hi achha gya tera din haan?
Chachi teased Nandini while Nandini's heart seemed to jump out.
Nandini:chachi you won't believe.. Today Raghav sir.. I mean our music teacher praised me and said that i could sing better than everyone in the class.. Rishabh:That's soo kiddish diii... Grow up.. Teachers do it.. And you were excited for such a small thing..
Rishabh said and giggled along with Malini.
Chacha:Rishu aise nhi bolte.. Achha Nandu vo.. Aaj na ghar pe Manik aur uski family dinner pe aa rahi hai.. Koi problem toh nahi hai na..
Nandini:Manik... Chacha mjhe kyun problem hogi.. Infact i'll help chachi with the dinner.. And Rishabh you come with me..
Nandini smiled and dragged Rishabh to her room while chachi began preparing for the dinner.
Rishabh:arey dii.. Hua kya... Aise kyu le aayi aap mujhe..
Nandini.. Tujhe pata hai vo mere hi college mein hai..
She said with her eyes wide open. While Rishabh looked at her with a confused expression.
Rishabh:kaun??
Nandini:arey vahi airport vaala rude guy... He is my senior in college and he is definitely someone very famous.. He and his friends tried to bully me but i did not freak out.. They are called.. Umm.. Yaah Fab5 in college. She explained. While Rishabh looked at her trying to understand whether she was happy or nervous.

MALHOTRA'S
Nyonika entered Manik's room only to find him sleeping hugging his pillow tightly. She went near him and sat beside him. And ruffled his hair softly.
Nyonika:I feel so light when i see you sleeping so peacefully.. Manik.. I wish.. Things had never changed.. I know things have not changed between us.. Between ur group but its changed how you look at others.. You always try to look happy.. Coz you don't want to let us know that you're hurt.. Your attitude towards the outside world is changed.. People think you're arrogant rude but we know the truth.. Had she never come in your life .. This won't have happened to you.. I know Jo tumhare saath do saal pehle hua tum usse aaj tak nahi bhule..
Nyonika said as she recalled the two years old event.
Vidhi Singhania.. Manik's ex-girlfriend. Manik loved her alot. His family loved her alot.. Manik wanted to be with her forever but little did the poor soul knew that she had some other plans for her life..
Everything was going perfect in Manik's life. But one day all his dreams came to an end. He was shattered when Vidhi told him that she did not love him infact she had been playing around with him to gain fame. She broke his heart into pieces. He cried. He begged for her to come back but she like a stone turned deaf ears to him. She dumped him. He lost himself. He lost interest in everything. He had started sinking into depression.. He started drinking limitlessly.. Even after lot of efforts by his parents and friends he showed no improvement. He started staying alone in dark which scared Nyonika to the core. She couldn't take it anymore. She finally had to beg him to move on. She took him far from everything for a few days and tried getting her old son back. He did come back but only for his friends and family but to the world he had become the most heartless person. He trusted no one except his friend and family.
Nyonika shivered thinking about the past. How she could have lost her son forever. She knew he needed love. He needed someone apart from his friends and family. Someone who could pull him out of his pain and into a soul searing hug for his life. But this couldn't happen until manik gave himself a second chance. His life a second chance.
She then wiped off her tears. Bent down and kissed Manik's forehead. She gently stroke his back to wake him up.
The sudden touch disturbed Manik's dream where he was still trying to see the girl's face. Her melodious voice vanished as he heard his mom's alarm-tone-like voice. He opened his eyes slightly to see his mom's face instead of the girl's long straight shining hair.Manik woke up with a jerk.
Nyonika:good that you're up. Nahi toh mujhe thanda thanda paani daalna padta.. Kitni der se utha rhi hun tumhe. .. Chalo c'm on get up and get ready we gotta leave in 30.
She said and left the room where Manik was still on his bed not wanting to go away from that beautiful voice.
Manik unwillingly got up. He freshened up and went down where everyone was already waiting for him. They soon left for the Murthy's.