Guilt!!

Nandini headed towards the sick bay while Cabir walked to the back stage with a smirk on his face.
Dhruv:Cabir.. Manik..
Cabir:he is an idiot...
Dhruv:matlab..
He looked at him confusedly.
Just then Nandini entered the backstage. She was limping. Dhruv noticed bandage on her leg. He stopped her on the gate itself and inquired about the injury. Cabir wanted to know what she answers.
Nandini:umm.. Vo Manik.. I mean he is in the jam room.. He is a bit confused and angry right now and he'll be fine.
Cabir smiled as he witnessed her changing the topic.
Dhruv:but I asked how did you hurt your leg Nandini.. Did Manik?
He raised his eyebrows.
Nandini:ooh this.. No Manik didn't do anything.. I just twisted my leg while coming back..
Cabir looked at her innocent yet sad face. She left towards Navya after answering.
Mukti:hows he..
Cabir:he is fine.. But lets leave him on his own.. He needs to sought his mind..
Alya:yaah i guess he is right.. Lets give him some time.. This night will soon pass and so will his nightmares.
They said and left while Cabir took a last glance at her.
On the other side, Nandini didn't want others to know about her injury and didn't want them to start another round of interrogation so she silently walked up to them and sat but Navya saw her.
Navya:Nandu.. Kaha thi..??
Abhimanyu:haan you know.. It was a tie between Fab5 and us..
She smiled at their excitement but Manik's words that he didn't want to win still echoed in her ears. She remembered how he said that she meant nothing to him and that she was just an outsider.. a stranger.. It hurt her.
Navya:Nandu kaha khoi ho.. Ghar nhi jaana kya..
Nandini:umm vo.. Actually i have got something important.. So you guyz leave..
Abhi:but we were planning for a party..
Nandini:I'm sorry i won't be able to join you.. It's really important.. You guys enjoy..
Navya:toh koi baat nhi.. Party kaha bhaagi jaa rhi hai.. Hum kal karlenge.. Vaise hum bhi bhot thak gye hai..
Finally Nandini managed to stay alone for a while as Navya and the rest left.
In a matter of 10 minutes Nandini was alone in the backstage. She texted her chachi to send her a driver as she has got hurt and won't be able to drive. Chachi replied instantly saying that he'll be there within 15.
Nandini walked out of the back stage still limping.
She was at the main gate waiting for her driver when she saw Manik coming out of the college. Manik also saw her and moved towards her but she ignored him. Manik was taken aback by her ignorance.
Just then her driver arrived and she walked towards her car with his help. She handed him the car keys and sat inside. And the driver drove off.
Anger crept back in Manik.
Manik:she had seen me coming towards her.. How dare she ignored me..
He immediately took out his phone and dialed her number but got no response.
He sat in his car angrily and drove home.

Malhotra mansion
It was already 10:30 when reached home. Manik entered his house and saw his mom waiting for him.
Nyonika:Manik.. Why and where did you disappear like this.?
Manik:mom.. Please.. I need to stay alone.. Please..
He said and moved towards his room and she let him go as she knew he won't up till he wants.
Manik reached his room and crashed on his bed. As soon as he closed his eyes everything flashed in front of his eyes like a movie. He remembered how calmly Nandini was talking to him and how rudely he jerked her everytime she came close.
Not before long realization hit him hard on his face like a slap..
Manik:what the hell did I do.. How could I talk to her like that.. I had promised her that no one will hurt her but I myself hurt her so much.. Manik.. How can you be so ruthless.. She was hurt still she cared about your hollowness.. I told her that she means nothing to me but still she didn't back off.. Nandini..
He wanted to slap himself hard. He remembered how later she ignored him and it added to his guilt.

None of them could sleep that night. It was hard for both to get all the events out of their heads.
The next morning Nandini woke up at nine as she had decided not to go to college one because of her injury and the other that she didn't want to face Manik again.
The drama last night was enough for her.