Sparks Fly!!

It was almost midnight but sleep also seemed annoyed with Nandini. Her eyes did not close even for a moment.. Manik's angry face dwindled in front of her eyes when she closed them. His monstrous roars echoed in her ears as she sat on her bed questioning herself..
Nandini:aiyappa.. Meri kya galti thi.. Maine kya kiya tha..
But there was no answer. Restless with her own questions and answers she got ouy of her bed and walked towards her balcony. The cool breeze tickled her bare skin and the wind chimes tingled their melodious sounds as if trying to chear her up but there was not a smile on her face. She looked around at the silence and then at dark night sky. Not a star shined today.
Nandini:amma.. Appa.. I know he is good at heart.. But usse yeh suddenly monstrous fits kyu padte hai.. I mean.. What was my fault today.. He just shouted at me.. He never uns that his words might hurt someone.. But now na.. I promise i wont talk to him till he say sorry..
Nandini blabbered looking up and then walked in an on her bed. Just as she was about to pull the blanket over her het cell buzzed. She being already frustrated with her own questions picked the call and burst out without looking at the caller..
Nandini:who is this at this hour.. Dont you have any manners.. Or you've lost your watch..
Caller:shut up..
Nandini was taken aback by such rudeness. She looked at the caller and the only thing that escaped her mouth was "expected"
Nandini:what do you want..?
Caller:come down right now..
Nandini.:Manik..have you lost it. Its already.. 2:30.. And you're telling me to come out.. No way.. I'm not coming anywhere..
Manik:you're calling trouble for yourself.. If you don't come down.. I'll ring the bell..
Nandini:you.. Do whatever you want.. I'm not coming.. Anyways.. You'l only be answerable to them..
Manik:Manik Malhotra is not answerable to anyone.. Now come down..
Nandini:i said.. I'm not coming..
She maintained her sternness and disconnected the call.
She slowly crept out into the balcony to see if he was actually down and to her surprise, The unanswerable to anyone Manik Malhotra was standing right outside her house in his tracks and vest..
She instantly called him up and he picked up in the first ring itself.
Nandini:Manik.. Its too cold.. Look at yourself.. Please ghar jao thand lag jaegi.. Please go..
Manik:I'm not going anywhere.. And if you don't come down.. I'll spend my night here like this only..
He looked up but Nandini hid down.
Manik:the call is yours..
Nandini:hello.. Manik.. Hello.. Aiyappa.. This boy.. Why is he so stubborn
Left with no other option,she grabbed a stoll and tiptoed out of her room and down the stairs to the door.
Very carefully she closed the door behind her as she came out..
Manik:so finally..
He said but she didn't respond. She came closer to him and quietly wrapped the stoll around his shoulders and then went back to her place..
Nandini:what do you want..
Manik:I'm sorry.. I should have shouted on you like this..
Nandini:good that you regret your mistake.. I didn't expect this..
Manik:hello.. I'm not the only one at fault.. Even you are at fault..
Nandini:my fault.. Where am i at fault.. You shout on me without even telling me the reason and now you come to say sorry that too at 2 at night and then also telling me that I am at fault.. Huh.. I'm not gonna say sorry..
Just as she Completed Manik grabbed her hand and pulled her into a soul searing hug.
Nandini at first struggled to free herself but in vain. The more she tried to resist and struggled to free herself the more he tightened his grip around her. Finally tired of the struggle she gave in and reciprocated with equal fervour. Manik smiled.
They stood there unobtrurive, hugging each other for some time that seemed like eternity. None of them wanted to move apart. They were calm and found peace in each other's arms..
But soon the reality hit them and they regained their senses to know that they were still in front of Nandini's house. They broke the hug.
Manik:vo.. I know i shouldn't have shouted like this but.. I just got angry..
Nandini:angry..why?? Had i done something wrong.. Toh bataya kyu ni..
Manik:yes..i mean how and why will someone skip meals. What was important that you had to skip breakfast.. And uske baad just a coffee and a sandwich.. Seriously Nandini. And that Aryaman.. Usse kya lagta hai.. Is he the only one who cares about you.. I mean what does he try to show.. As if hum mein se koi bhi tumhari care nhi karta..
Nandini looked at him quite stunned. The great Manik Malhotra had been keeping so much inside him..
She so wanted to laugh pull his cheeks and hug him again. But she controlled her desires as she knew it would be too embarrassing for him. But still she couldn't help a smile.
Manik:kya smile kya kar rhi ho..
Nandini:nothing.. Okay relax.. Lemme explain.. Vo aaj auditions ke liye prepare karna tha.. So i was very excited and isiliye i skipped the breakfast..
Manik:matlab ek audition ke liye you can skip breakfast.. Jab event hoga tab kya karogi.. Haan. Tab bhi vo Aryaman hoga na tumhe khilane ke liye..
He kept blabbering.
Manik:usse dekh kar toh aisa lagta like we don't care for you only he does..
He said it in a flow not knowing what he said. But Nandini got the right words.
Nandini:we??
She teased him and he looked here and there like a nervous kid.
Manik:uhh.. Haan.. Navya.. Abhimanyu.. Fab5..chacha chachi Rishabh..
Nandini:aur tum..
Manik:what me.. I'm a part of FAB5 toh jaha FAB5 vha mai..
Nandini smiled at his cute answers.
Nandini:Manik.. I'm sorry..
She said and looked at his watch. She immediately pulled his hand and he jerked over her resulting in her tripping down. She closed her eyes in anticipation but felt a strong pair of hands grab her waist.
Manik looked at her confusedly amd made her stand.
Manik:if you wanted this.. You could have told me..
He smirked naughtily at which she rolled her eyes.
Nandini:manik time.. Its already 3:20..you meed to go cmon.. Get in the car.. Bhot late ho gya..
She said and began pushing him towards his driving seat. Manik was just inches away from the car when he stopped and turned to her. His hands slowly grabbed her waist.
Nandini:Manik.. Kya kar rhe ho.. You need to go..
Manik:I'll go pehle mujhe yeh btao.. Tum college mein kisiko bina bataye ghar kyu aa gyi..
Nandini:Navya ko btays tha maine..
She said abruptly.
Nandini:aur kya karti.. Vha rukti toh sab ko samjh aa jaata that i was not in a good mood.. Phir they would've asked me various questions.. Toh mai kya answer karti.. That i was hurt because of you..
She looked at him faking anger.
Manik:I'm sorry.. I won't hurt you again..
Nandini:you better don't.. Because next time if you hurt me.. I won't forgive you..
She said with something deep in her voice. Manik left her loose and then unwrapped the stoll and wrapped it around her cold petite body. Nandini smiled.
He sat back on the seat and giving last glance at her smiling face left.
Nandini tiptoed back to her room. The storm inside her had calmed down. Before going to sleep she crept out into her balcony..
She looked up at the sky and saw two stars shining brightly lighting the dark sky around them as much as they could. A smile appeared on her face. This time the cool wind also brought a sense of his touch to her. The wind chimes tingled again but a different tune..
Nandini:see amma.. I told you he is good at heart.. Stubborn but loving..
The nature was also surprised at the change in this girl within just one hour. An hour back it seemed like she would never smile.. She is the same who was calling her Monster an hour ago.. And look at her now.
Nandini:vo bura nhi hai.. Bas he doesn't know how to keel things in him.. He needs someone so that he can get everything out of his heart.. He is alone on the inside.. There is still something in him.. Some secret that makes him hollow.. She again looked at the stars and said.
Nandini:till the fireflies glow.. The sparks fly.. And the stars shine..
She was calm now. She walked back to her bed and slept peacefully keeping his face in front of her eyes even in sleep and a beautiful smile played on her face as she drowned in his dreams.
While Manik on the other hand entered his room peacefully. The thoughts of her and their moments flashed in front of his eyes. The storm in him had also calmed down. He was content.. He lied on his bed reminiscing their lovely moments and soon drifted into a peaceful slumber.
How wierd it is that however much we try to avoid our feelings they make their ways to convey. Even if we accept them or not they are visible in our eyes. Same was with them.. They avoided their feelings but could not hide them from each other. It was visible in their eyes and these feelings brought them closer each time they were around each other. It was always the effect of their hidden feelings that when they came close sparks fly.. Love can't be hidden!