Hate!!

Murthy's
Nandini was helping chachi in the kitchen when the doorbell rang. Chachi looked at Nandini who looked wiery and tired.
Chachi:lagta hai yeh log aa gye.. Nandu.. Beta tu jaa change karke fresh ho jaa.. Aur phir neeche aaja..aur haan Rishu ko bhi bol de ki fresh ho jaaye..aur neeche aa jaaye..
Nandini:ji chachi..
Nandini agreed with chachi and went up to freshen up.. On her way she told Rishabh to go down..
Nandini:Rishu.. Jaldi neeche jaa guest aa gye hai.. Mai fresh ho kar aati hun..
While chachi opened the door and welcomed Manik and his family. And Malini jumped on seeing her Manik bhai after so many days. They all sat and chatted. But Manik felt bored. He cursed his mom for having dragged her here among the extreme elders and extreme youngers.
Meanwhile Rishabh came down to find the worst shock he could ever see. He saw the guy his sister hated the most sitting on a couch in front of him.
Rishabh:crap.. The airport guy..
Rishabh mumbled standing still in shock.
Chacha:arey Rishu tum vaha kyu khade ho.. Aao.. Sab se milo..
Rishabh:ji chacha..
Malini:maan bhai.. He z Rishu bhai.. I mean Rishabh bhai..
Rishabh:ooh soo he is Manik..
Rishabh mumbled under his breath..
Manik:hey champ.. What's up..
Manik faked a bit of excitement.
Rishabh:look how he is acting soo sweet.. If di sees him.. What would she do.. I so wish to punch him in his face and kick him out of here.. But..
Rishabh was cursing his fate, Manik, and their unfortunate connection. When chachi asked him
Chachi:Rishuu.. Nandu kaha hai..
'lo ek aur bachchi... Uff.. Dharamshala hai.. Saare bachche yhi jama hai... Naam se toh isse bh chhoti lagti hai..'Manik thought and kept on cursing the timings.
Rishabh:Nandini di aa rahi hai..
Rishabh said and instantly glanced upstairs and sighed.
'nandini... Nice name.. But wait he said di... Matlab isse badi hai...'Manik couldn't stop his mind from blabbering coz he knew if his mind stopped thinking of unnecessary things he would land up thinking about that girl again.. He still couldn't get her out of his head but the curiosity to see her face killed him. Her voice still echoed in his ears.
Rishabh didn't want nandini to face Manik. While Nandini was busy getting ready in her room.
Nandini:aiyappa.. Jaise aaj sab thik se ho gya vaise hi kuchh din aur phir pakka adjust karungi.. Promise..
Nandini was talking to herself when she heard chachi call out to her and she immediately ran outside her room and down the stairs.
Chachi:lo aa gyi Nandu..
Chachi said as she saw her coming down hurriedly. Manik couldn't see her face clearly as she was walking too fast and her hair strands falling all over face blocked his view.
Chachi:aaj humari Nandu ne khud sabke liye coffee banai hai..
Chachi said as Nandini finally managed to slow down and and adjust her hair.
Manik fell numb when he saw her face. He instantly recognized her and so did she.
"Nandini.."escaped his mouth. Manik kept on staring at her but she looked away to hide her increasing anger.
Rishabh realised that the things could heat up any moment and that they couldn't afford any fights in front of every one. He had to control the situation before any damage could be done.
Rishabh:dii.. Mai chalu.. coffee lane mein aapki help kar dunga..
Rishabh said trying to get his sister back to reality..
Nandini:nai Rishabh.. Mai le aaungi.. Tum yahi baitho.. She said and was about to go in to get the coffee when Nyonika spoke.
Nyonika:arey Nandini beta.. Manik ko na coffee nhi pasand.. Kuchh.. Aur laa sakti ho..
Nandini looked at Manik and whispered "Manik"
Manik:umm.. Mom.. I'll try.. Today..
he looked away. He didn't know why said that.
Chachi:jaa nandu! coffee le aa..
Nandini nodded and moved in the kitchen. She was back in minutes with the tray of coffee mugs. She offered the coffee to everyone and then sat beside Rishabh. The hall was full of giggles and chatterings but Manik and Nandini spoke occasionally. soon Nandini left the hall and went into the kitchen. While Manik's eyes subconsciously followed her.
Chacha:arey.. Kaafi late ho gya hai... Aap sab ko bhuk lagi hogi.. Vishakha ji aap dinner laga dijiye..
Chachi: haanji.. Bas 5 minute..
Chachi said and was getting up when Rishabh told her that Nandini was already setting the table.
Manik:umm.. Chachi.. Paani..
Manik spoke nervously.
Chachi:mai laati hun..
Manik:nahi aap mujhe bta dijiye... Mai le lunga...
Chachi:beta vo kitchen mein hi hai..
Manik:ji..
Manik nidded and walked straight towards the kitchen.
Nandini was already walking to and fro to get the dishes and set up the table.
Nandini was going to get some more dishes from the kitchen when she stumbled over something and fell. Just then Manik reached there and saw her on the floor. Nandini looked up to find Manik standing with his hand hanging down to help her up.
Nandini:that's so nice of you Mr. Manik Malhotra.. Pehle gira do.. Aur phir uthne mein help karo.. Thanks.. But no thanks.. Mai apni help khud kar sakti hun
she blurted out with anger. While Manik stood stunned.
Manik:hey.. But.. I just came here amd saw you down..
Nandini:yaah right.. You're so innocent right.. Huh.. If you're at fault just accept it Manik.. Stop lying.. You know what I don't needs your sorry keep it with yourself and listen... I hate you Manik..
Manik:Nandini..
Nandini:please Manik.. Let it be.. I know tumhari kabhi koi galti nahi hoti.. So just forget it..
Nandini left a confused yet fuming Manik.
Manik:isse humesha hi puri baat sune bina chillane ki aadat hai.. But today she crossed her limit.
Nyonika:Manik what are you doing there.. Come let's have dinner..
Manik nodded and went to the table. Nandini served everyone.
Chachi:Nandu... Aaja tu bhi..
Chachi who sat leaving a seat between her and Manik said. Nandini looked at Manik who ignored it.
Nandini:chachi mai baad mei khaa lungi..
Nyonika:arey nahi Nandini.. Tum bhi baitho..
Nandini silently went and sat there.
Rishabh who was watching everything felt numb but somewhere he had imagined the two of them together. 'they would look cute' he murmured.
Everybody started eating but suddenly Manik started coughing.
Nyonika:Nandini.. Please usse pani dedo...
Nyonika and Nandini both looked at Manik with concern while he kept coughing. Nandini immediately grabbed a glass of water and and turned towards him. She moved a bit more to make him hold the glass but before he could hold the glass his hands hit the glass and the water spill on his pant.
Manik:what the hell!!
He screamed but lowered his voice when he saw pairs of eyes looking at him stunned.
Nandini:umm i'll show you the washroom..
She said and got up from the table. Manik looked at her angrily yet nodded and silently followed her.
Manik:who do you think you are... Haan.. Matlab jo man mein aayega karogi... Firstly you unnecessarily shout on me and and now this.. I mean seriously Nandini..
Nandini:look you're taking it too far.. And I didn't do it on purpose.. That was just..
Manik:that was just your anger Nandini.. The unnecessary aggressiveness of yours.. Huh.. On the airport i was trying to find you guyss.. And I was confused.. I had no way.. And i couldn't stop to listen to some strangers.. And then today in the morning i had no intentions.. And abhi.. I just helped you and you shouted on me.. Disgusting Nandini.. And i know yeh bhi tumne gusse mein hi kiya.. This water and all.. Huh.. Now you listen to me.. I hate you... Soo don't show me your face.. Not till I'm in a mood... Please get lost..
Manik poured all his anger out and then went to the washroom. While Nandini realised her mistake. She was into tears by now.. But she wiped her tears and silently came out. She in her mind decided to apologize Manik in the college itself the next day.
Manik came back but didn't look at Nandini even for once. Soon everybody finished the dinner. And the Malhotras left.