A Night Through Tears!!

Malhotra mansion
Manik walked into his room still disturbed. He wanted to talk to Nandini. He wanted that smile of hers that she used to give him whenever they met.. He missed her.
Manik was about to take his blazer off when he felt something heavy in his pocket.
He immediately remembered Nandini's phone that he had not returned.

Murthy mansion
Nandini reached home and went straight to her room. She stomped on her bed and sat cross legged in anger..
Nandini:ek toh.. Mera phone le liya.. And he was being so rude..like seriously.. But there was definitely something that his eyes desperately wanted to tell me.. But no.. I wont ask.. Mistake ek baar hoti hai baar baar nhi.. Huh..
She said and laid back on her bed.
******************************
It was around 8:30 at night. Nandini was helping chachi in the kitchen while chacha was working in his study room and Malini and Rishabh were watching TV in the hall. As Nandini came out to set the dining table their doorbell rang.
Malini was getting up to open the door when Nandini stopped her and went to open the door.
Nandini:Malini tum baitho.. I'll check.. Nandini opened the door and saw Manik at the door smiling. She stared at him till chachi came to the door.
Chachi:arey.. Manik.. Tum..
Manik:haan chachi. Actually aaj Nandini apna phone college mein bhul aayi thi vhi dene aaya tha.. He smirked at Nandini while she tried to understand his tricks.
He forwarded her phone and she took it and looked away.
Chachi:arey andar aao..
Manik:nahi.. Chachi.. Actually.. Aaj mom dad bhi ghar pe nhi hai.. So i was going out for dinner..
Chachi:friends ke saath??
Manik:friends.. Nhi.. Akele hi.. Sab busy hai..
He said and turned to go when chachi stopped him..
Chachi:Manik.. Tu kahi nhi jaa rha.. Humare sath hi dinner kar.. Andar aa..
Manik smiled. Nandini looked at chachi wide eyed and then turned to leave. Chachi forced Manik in while Manik pretened to protest. Chachi didn't listen to him and made him sit on the table and called the others for dinner. Nandini unwillingly went and sat opposite to Manik as everyone began eating.
There were a lot of chats over the table but Nandini not even for once looked at him. Rishabh noticed all this who was sitting beside Nandini.
Rishabh to himself:chingari toh lagi hai.. Inn dono ke beech phirse jhagda zaroor hua hai..
Nandini:huh?? Kuchh kaha tunne..
Rishabh:mm-hm.. Yum food... Manik looked at Rishabh as he chuckled under his breath.
Soon the dinner was done and Manik got up to leave.
Chachi:Manik.. Tum aaj raat yhi ruk jao..
Nandini looked at her totally shocked at what she said.
Manik smirked.
Nandini:nahi chachi. . He wants to go..
She abruptly burst out. And Manik looked at her.
Malini:koi ghar pe wait kar rha hai kya..?? Koi girlfriend..
Malini teased him and he looked at Nandini.
Manik:naah.. Nothing like that.. But..
Malini:toh bas.. You should stay back tonight..
Chacha:haan Manik.. Ab toh tumhari behen ke orders hai..
Manik smiled at her.
Manik:but how can I..
Chachi:bas bhot discussion ho gya ab decision sunlo.. Tum yhi rukoge.. Nandu jaa.. Isse apne bagal waale room mein le ja..

Everything was decided and finally Manik was successfully walking with Nandini up to his room. All the while Nandini didn't say a word..
Nandini:your room.. If you want anything.. Then go down and help yourself..
She said and pointed towards his room and then walked in her room and closed the door behind her.

It was midnight and everyone was fast asleep except for the two restless souls.
Nandini was sitting on her bed wide awake thinking about everything that happened. And how Manik was just in the next room. Her sleep was again somewhere lost in the night sky. She got off her bed and walked into the balcony humming her favourite song which amms used to sing to her whenever she couldn't sleep..
Lori lori lori.. Lori lori lori.. Lori lori loorii. Lori lori lori..
Chandaniya chhup jaana re..
Pal bhar ko luk jaana re.. Nindiyaa ghume aaye..
Bitiya meri so jaaye..
Just when Nandini was about to touch the fence she was pulled back by someone. She looked up to find Manik there. He was holding her softly yet tightly. She was at first confused at how he came in her balcony but then she remembered that Manik and her room had a joint balcony.
Nandini:why aren't you sleeping.. Manik:even I can ask that..
Nandini: please go..
Manik:not this time..
Nandini:Manik.. Please..
She pushed him away and went towards her room..
Manik:Nandini.. Two years back.. 15 March.. The very same Musical.. We had won.. Fab5 was happy.. I was happy.. Coz I had not only won musical but I had the love of my life with me.. Everything was going just like a dream.. But then that very same night my life turned dark like a bad nightmare..
Nandini stopped on hearing this.
Manik:Vidhi.. Vidhi Singhania.. My girlfriend..ex.. I had met her in a school fest.. We met and we came close.. I was a famous singer since I was in 10th..and she was quite impressed.. We gradually fell in love.. It was deep.. I felt like that..only me.. Everything was going amazing we came in the same college.. As she was also a singer, she started singing with me.. And soon she became a popular singer.. Offers came for us.. And also individually.. I declined many.. But i guess those were more important to her than me.. She did not tell me and went ahead.. But not before long I came to know about it.. But being blindly in love I avoided everything.. But on that musical night.. After the competition we decided to go out for a party.. All the while she was behaving wierd.. I didn't care.. Maybe i didnt want to face it.. But then when we were about to leave she got a call.. And she seemed quite happy after that call.. It surprised me.. After possibly not more than 5 minutes.. A car stood in front of us and she happily jumped towards the car.. I.. I didn't know what to do or say..
Then comes the most amazing part of my life.. A guy.. Possibly from the industry came out.. And Vidhi.. Introduced her as.. Her.. Boyfriend..
Tears rolled down Manik's eyes. Nandini stood numb.. Even her eyes welled up. She wanted to hug him but she couldn't even move from her place.
Manik continued.
Manik:my friends looked at me and then Mukti slapped her. They had a long argument with no end to it.. But I.. I was at a loss of emotions...I couldn't register anything. I was numb.. But then gathering all my broken pieces.. I managed to ask her that we loved each other.. She laughed.. Love.. You're mistaken Manik.. She said.. You were just my key to this industry.. Babe.. I never loved you.. And how can i love someone like you.. Huh.. Your only love is music and your friends.. Huh.. No girl will like such an ambitious person like you.. Today you won.. Congrats.. But don't think that I ever loved you.. Move on coz I've already.. You can see that.. She had said and she.. She kissed that guy in front of all of us.. I was broken.. Shattered.. A part of me died that day.. That.. Was the day the soft Manik died.. After that i was into depression.. Away from everyone.. In my dark life.. Everything changed after that.. I started hating her.. And Every girl.. But mom couldn't see me like that.. And she did everything to get Manik back.. But what dies never comes back.. That Manik had died.. I did come to a normal life.. But i changed.. I decided i wont let anyone come in my life and become an important part.. Not anymore.. I wont let anyone come this close again.. To destroy me.. Nobody would control me my feelings..
He fell on the floor and Nandini rushed to his side while he cried yet continued.
Manik:after that i did not take part in the musical.. But then you came.. Again everything changed.. And this year i dont know what came to my mind i did take part and again on the very.. Very same night I hurt you.. It wasn't intentional.. But those memories haunted me.. I.. I spoke whatever i wanted to say to her that day.. I didn't want to hurt you.. But i broke my promise.. But i can't see you like this.. Please don't.. Don't ignore me.. I don't want to loose you..
He cried hard as she tried to hold him and console him. Even she was hurt to hear his story..
Nandini:Manik.. I told you na.. I'm there.. For you.. Always.. Please stop crying.. Please..
She cupped his face and made him look at her.
Nandini:just.. Just.. Calm down.. Dont cry Manik.. Shh..
She said controlling her own tears. She sat beside him and ruffled her hand through his hair to calm him down.
They both sat there till Manik calmed down and then Nandini got him to his room.
Manik:Nandini..
He held her wrist as she was about to go. She turned to him and he pulled her towards his bed..
Manik:I'm sorry..
He said in a sleepy voice..
Nandini:shh.. Just sleep..
She ruffled his hair and made him sleep..
Manik already was very tired of all the crying and so he slept soon and Nandini left after covering him with the blanket..