Secrets!!

Manik drove silently as he stole glances at Nandini who was busy looking outside the window blankly.
Mukti:guys why itna sannata.. Kuchh kare.. Its very boring aise silently drive karna..
Cabir:i know.. This silence..
Navya:hume toh neend aane lgi..
Cabir:bas Madhubala ke paas aur koi kaam nhi hai.. Sona nhi toh khaana..
Navya:achha jaise tumhe bhot kuch karna aata hai..
Abhi:arey lado mat.. Idea do kya kre..
Arya:Nandini.. Tum kuchh bolo chup kyun ho..
Nandini looked around with a jerk. She seemed lost somewhere. Nandini:huh? What.?
Manik:you ok?
Manik looked at her through the mirror.
Nandini:haan.. Vo..
Cabir:toh btao what should we do..
Nandini:what should we do?
Cabir:arey.. Ab sab itne chup baithe the toh sab bore ho rhe the.. Koi idea do kya kre..
Nandini looked at Manik through the mirror as he raised his eyebrows questioningly. She Slightly nodded but it didn't go unnoticed by Cabir.
Cabir:arey why you nodding.. Btao na kya kre..
Nandini:umm.. I don't have any idea.. Ask Dhruv and Alya..
They all looked back at Dhruv and Alya who were still busy in doing their lovey dovey stuffs..
Mukti:arghh.. Forget them.. Fhey are busy with their coochikoo stuff..
Mukti said and everyone chuckled looking at the cute couple who were totally lost in their world..
Mukti:ok.. Then lets share our deepest secrets.. that only we know.. Now that we all are friends.. We can share our secrets with each other.. Lets start with me..
Everyone agreed.
Mukti:hnmm.. So.. This might come as a shock for you'll specially my fab 5 people.. Manik you remember that soft toy that you had seen at my place..
Manik:haan vo jo you said is your neighbor's child's toy..
Mukti:haan vo.. Padosi ke bache ka nhi tha..
Cabir and Manik shocked:toh?
Mukti:vo mera hi tha..
Cabir couldn't resist laughing and he burst out into a loud fit of laughter and the others chuckled under their breaths.
Mukti:kya.. I have mant soff toys and i love them..
Cabir:just imagine Mukti Wardhan playing with a teddy.. Talking to it..
Nandini:soo cute Mukti..
Mukti smiled.
Navya:hume abhi bhi bhuto se bhot dar lagta hai..
Cabir still laughing:expected..
Navya looked at him irritatedly.
Abhi:ok my turn... I love watching cartoons..
Everyone chuckled.
Arya:hnmm.. Me.. It's not really a secret.. But i have a secret crush..
All except Manik:oooooooo.. Crush..
Manik:umm.. I don't have a secret..
Cabir:pakka..
Cabir winked at him teasingly and he glared back. While the others looked at them confused..
Cabir whispered:mirror mirror on his head.. Can you tell me what does he see..
Cabir said and teasingly looked at guide mirror in the car. Manik also looked up and they both saw a smiling yet lost Nandini.
Manik to himself:whats bothering you so much.. This smile isn't my favourite Nandini.. Cabir smiled at his concern..
Cabir:Nandini.. It's your turn..
Nandini looked at all blankly and then said:i have many.. But a small one is that.. I'm an almost insomniac..
All:huh?
Nandini:hnmm.. I rarely manage to sleep.. And that too peacefully.. Manik observed het carefully.
Aryaman:toh tum kal raat bhi nhi soi.. Yha aane ke baad bilkul nhi soi..
Nandini:kal raat..
Manik wanted to know this but he couldn't ask her directly.
Nandini:kal raat was one out of the few nights that I slept peacefully..
She said and looked at Manik through the mirror while his gaze was already stuck on her.
Nandini thought:how do I say.. Mumbai aane ke baad.. I have slept peacefully only when I feel his presence around.. Manik.. Why do you affect me so much..
Navya:Nandu.. Tumne hume kabhi btaya nhi..
Abhi:even i don't know about it..
Nandini:nobody knows..
Cabir:but why.. I mean any disorder has a reason.. Have you ever consulted a doctor..
Nandini nodded in a no. Manik did not utter a word but concentrated on the road while the others kept discussing the reasons that could be behind her sleeping disorder.
Finally Manik haulted the car with a jerk, in front of a gate, and all looked at him.
Manik:what? We've reached..
Cabir sensed his irritation and announced that they had to get down. His announcement disturbed the couple who were still busy romancing each other..
All got off and entered the monument. It looked pretty from outside and the girls got excited to go in. Navya held Nandini and they walked in like excited kids. Manik smiled looking at the glow on Nandini's face but there was something still going on in his head. Maybe he knew how he could get Nandini's sleep back to her.
All walked in behind Nandini and Navya and were dumbstruck by the beauty of the monument. It was Charming and the atmosphere in there was so cool and pleasant.
This time none of them supported the split idea and walked together.
Manik was silently walking beside Nandini when he got a message. The ringtone disturbed Nandini who was mesmerised by the monument's striking beauty.
Manik checked his phone and frowned on seeing the message. Irritation was visible on his face. Nandini looked at him and found him irritatedly looking at his phone. He looked disturbed but Nandini didn't ask anything as there were all their friends. She decided to wait for some time.
Manik closed his phone and looked around trying not to seem stressed. But his phone again rang this time grabbing everyone's attention.
Dhruv:buddy.. Tera phone baj rha hai..
Manik:uhh.. Haan??
Nandini sensed stress but couldn't help it.
Cabir and Mukti:Manik tu theek hai..
Manik:yaah I'm absolutely fine..
He said and faked normalcy in his behaviour. Everyone again began walking but Nandini pulled him back. Manik lost his balance because of the sudden pull and both fell down. Nandini lay under Manik and he looked at her blankly.
Manik:what's wrong with you..
He said looking around while trying to get up.
Nandini:you tell me what's wrong with you..
She pulled him back and he looked at her surprised.
Manik:Nandini.. Kya kar rhi ho chorho mujhe.. Utho..
Nandini:nahi pehle tum btao kiska message tha..
Manik:message?
He looked away. He knew if he looked at her he would blabber everything so he avoided eye contact..
Nandini:Manik.. Look here.. Tell me what's going on..
Manik:nothing Nandini.. Just get up..
He said as he finally managed to get out of her grip. He stood up before anyone saw them and then forwarded his hand to Nandini.
Nandini:mm-hm.. I'm not getting up..
Manik:what?
Nandini smirked at him.
Manik:fine.. You enjoy your picnic.. I'm going..
Nandini:bye Manik.. Have a nice time around..
Nandini said sitting comfortably on the floor and looking around. Manik frowned. He turned and walked afew steps ahead.
Nandini muttered:monster..
Manik stopped after taking some slow steps away from Nandini. He turned back to see her still sitting there. He walked back to her and smirked.
Manik:so you sure you won't get up.
Nandini didn't respond and looked away.
Manik bent to her level and in no time she realized she was in the air.
Manik picked her up in his arms while she struggled to get down.
Nandini:Manik put me down..
Put me sown..
Manik reached a side pavement and made her sit down.
Manik:tumhe dharna dena hi hai toh side mein do.. Kisike raaste ke beech me nhi..
He said and turned to go.
Nandini thought:oh god.. Aiyappa.. What am I even doing.. I had promised na i won't ask him anything until he wants to tell me.. Then aaj kyun.. Vo bhi like this.. Nandini.. He is right.. Don't come in anyone's way..
Nandini looked at Manik who was still walking away and then she found a staircase right opposite to the pavement. She immediately got up and rushed up the stairs to avoid Manik.
Just when she vanished in the bhul bhulaiya of the staircase Manik turned around only to find the pavement empty.
Manik:kaha gyi.. He looked around but couldn't trace her.
On the other side Navya got a message from Nandini saying that she is somewhere around and would reach them soon and till then nobody should try to find her out.
Navya got worried but did not tell anyone. She just walked beside Mukti silently praying to her mata rani for Nandini to be fine.