Soothing Pleasures!!

All of them reached back to the hotel at around 3:30 and were quite hungry. They immediately rushed to the hotel restaurant to have something. All of them were waiting for their food when Manik got a call and he excused himself. The food arrived and all dug into it like hungry lions.
While Manik was standing near the bar counter to avoid the noises around. He talked over the phone for a while and then disconnected. He was about to move away when he heard someone talking loudly. The voice was familiar to him. Yes it was. He turned to see a girl at some distance talking animatedly to another girl. She seemed drunk. He tried to look at her face but her constantly moving hair restricted his view. His eyes did want to see her face but his heart wanted to run away. It didn't want to face it. His mind suggested to go close but he listened to his heart this time. He walked away as fast as he could. He was nervous. His heartbeats had increased. He felt dizzy as he walked back to their table. But for some reason he did turn around to look at her knowing that he was at a safe distance and she couldn't see him.
Manik:was it her? No.. It can't be.. Manik relax.. You're here to enjoy..
He repeated Nandini's words.
Cabir:Manik.. Kya hua.. Baith na.. Abhi toh tujhe itni bhuk lagi thi..
Manik turned to find everyone staring at him. He gazed at everyone blankly and then nodded.
Nandini:guyzz.. I'm done.. I wish to rest for a while..
Nandini though had sensed Manik's sudden uneasiness but this time she decided to leave it on him. If he wished he would tell her. She felt something different. She had enjoyed the whole day but there was still some kinda emptiness in her. She missed something. Her heart was sad. She felt impatient and so decided to leave.
Aryaman:haan even I'm done.. Let's go..
Cabir looked at Manik as he knew he hated Aryaman around Nandini but he was shocked when he found Manik busy in his own world. He neither stopped Nandini from going with Aryaman nor did he pay attention to it.
Cabir thought:isse kya hua..
He looked at Manik blankly while Nandini walked vack to her room with Aryaman.
Cabir:Manik.. Kaha khoya hai.
He said it loud getting Manik out of his trance.
Manik:uhh.. Haan..
Mukti:kya hua.. Tu..
Abhi:umm.. Guyzz.. Sorry.. i've got an urgent call i gotta go..
Abhi said and moved out. It was then that Manik noticed that even Nandini and Aryaman were not there. He looked around but got no clue.
Mukti:tujhe hua kya hai..
Dhruv:haan buddy.. You look lost..
Manik:naah Nothing..
Alya:cmon.. Manik.. You can't lie to us so don't even try.. There's definitely something bother you.. Manik:vo.. Thorha sa headache hai..
Cabir:bas?
Manik:haan..
He said as he finished his food.
Navya:toh phir chalkar aaram karte hai.. Shaam tak sab fresh ho jaege..
Mukti:Navya's right.. Let's go..
They all went towards their rooms.
Manik reached his room and directly landed on his bed. He tried to sleep but couldn't. His mind couldn't get that girl out.
'Maybe she was not what I'm framing her to be.. But.. It was the same voice..' he had his two sides debate. He felt he would go crazy. There was a very destructive storm inside him.
He closed his eyes and tried to think of the other things. Just then he remembered how Nandini vanished from the lunch table. He opened his eyes and jumped up.
Manik to himself:where did she go.?
Cabir and Dhruv:who??
Manik found the other two sitting on their beds.
Manik:nothing..
He stormed out of the room and headed towards Nandini's room.
He was lost. He had so many things in his mind but major part was still covered with that girl's thoughts and the rest with Nandini's thoughts.
Manik barged into Nandini's room but didn't find anyone except Navya.
Manik:Nandini kaha hai..
Navya:hum jab room mein aaye tab toh vo nhi thi.. Aryaman se puchha usne kaha ki usse nhi pta.. Usne Nandini ko room mein tak chorha aur phir apne room mein chala gya.
Manik:fine..
He slammed the door closed. Navya was shocked.
Manik was walking towards Aryaman's room when Aryaman came out busy in his phone.
Manik:uhh.. Aryaman.. Nandini kaha hai.. Any idea..
He pretended to be calm but his destiny was testing his patience which he was losing every second thst he couldn't find her around him. Aryaman told him exactly what Navya had told him seconds back. Manik was enraged. He wanted to see Nandini anyhow. He didn't understand what angered him more Nandini not being around him or that girl he saw in the restaurant. Manik was getting irritated. He dialled her number but there was no response. He tried again and when finally Nandini finally picked up.
Manik:don't you push your luck too much..
He roared in anger.
Nandini:matlab?
Her voice choked.
Manik:where are you right now..
Nandini:Manik.. Relax.. I'll meet you in a while please..
Manik:Nandini.. I asked you where are you..
Nandini:Manik..
Manik:Nandini.. I need to know..
Nandini:terrace..
She said in a low voice. Manik disconnected and rushed up the stairs. And in minutes the door of the terrace flung open.
Manik entered and saw Nandini standing on the edge of the terrace wall. Her back faced him and so he couldn't see her face. He walked a little closer but Nandini stood unmoved like some statue.
Manik:Nandini.. Yha.. Kya kar rhi ho..
Nandini did not respond.
Manik:Nandini..
He said a little softly but Nandini still didn't react. Manik moved closer to her and stood right behind her.
Nandini:everything's so wierd.. I can't believe I'm here.. It feels like some dream.. A beautiful dream that would break if i open my eyes. I don't want to.. Open.. But if this is a dream then it has to break the reality has to hit me.. My life can't be so easy.. This dream.. It'll spoil me..
Manik was amazed. He couldn't understand what to say. He had come to her to soothe his heart but her words were more painful than his doubts.
He held her arms from behind and pulled her towards him. Her back touched his chest and he pulled her more into him. She rested her head on his shoulders and closed her eyes. Both seemed to be relaxed.
Manik:it's not a dream but it's reality.. Even your life is in your favour.
They both stayed like that trying to fight their own inner battles. There was some kind of soothing pleasure that they found in each other. Both were hurt but when they were together they healed each other without their consents.
When they were together they didn't bother about their past or what was coming for them next but what they did was to live in each other's presence. To feel each other's presence.
Manik unknowingly sat in the corner of the terrace supporting his back to the wall while Nandini was still in his arms. Both had their eyes closed. They let the air cool breeze touch their skins while they cuddled more into each other totally lost not knowing what was going on or what they were doing. They just knew that they were together.
Manik had forgotten about everything that was going in his head and Nandini had pushed aside all her thoughts. Both of them took over each other's mind and rested against each other peacefully caring little about the world around.