Apology Led To Friendship

Nandini was walking back to the empty room talking to herself qhen Dhruv stopped her midway..
Dhruv:umm Nandini!
Nandini stopped and stared at him. Dhruv looked at her and gave a warm smile.
Nandini:now what do you want... Phirse mujhe threaten karne aaye ho apni friend ki tarah... I mean.. Tum logo ka man nhi bhara abhi..
She gave him deadly glares while he continued to smile.
Nandini:don't give me this smile... Mai isse nahi darti..
She said unsure if she really meant it.
Dhruv:arey toh maine kab kaha ki daro.. By the way ab mujhe samajh mein aaya ki Manik tumse chidhta kyun hai..
He chuckled but she couldn't understand anything.
Nandini:what do you mean?
She asked innocently.
Dhruv:Nandini... Jabhi toh shaant ho jaya karo.. And give at least one chance to the other person to speak.. Dekho I'm not here to scare you or threaten you or whatever you think I'm here for.. But I'm just here to apologize to you and your friend from my friends' side... And Mukti was just frustrated at your behavior coz nobody had ever spoken to us so boldly..
Nandini:but that gives you guys no reason ki tum kisi ko iss tarah hurt karo..
Dhruv:i know and I'm sorry for like bhot zada vaala sorry.. Please maaf kardo..
He said innocently and Nandini chuckled.
Dhruv:by the way I'm Dhruv.. Dhruv Vedant..
Nandini:Nandini.. Nandini Murthy..
She smiled broadly and forwarded her hand for a handshake. Dhruv shook it.
Dhruv:and yaah.. I wanted to give you and your friend an advice.. And i would suggest that you guys follow it..
Nandini:what?? That we should stay away from you guys and not mess with you else it'll be bad for us.. Huh?
Nandini rolled her eyes and they started walking side by side.
Dhruv:nahi baba.. Dur toh tumhe rehna hai par humse nahi kisi aur se.. Coz vo humse zada dangerous hai for you girls..
Nandini: Manik??
Dhruv:oos so you also think that he is dangerous.. Good.. But it's not him this time.. Manik is not only dangerous for girls but for everyone.. But it's Harshad whom I'm talking about..
Nandini:Harshad?? Ohh that guy from the canteen jispe Manik bhot gussa hua tha.??
Dhruv:yaah.. And now that Manik has told him to stay away from you.. He would definitely try to come close to you.. But you guys stay far from him..
Nandini:but what made Manik so angry at him... Do they have some purani dushmani kind of thing..
Dhruv giggled at the way she stated and nodded his head in a yes..
Nandini:hnmm..
Dhruv:though Manik never reacts this way.. Atleast I've not seen him do this.. Because we all know that Harshad is very cheap and disgusting.. But today.. It looked like Manik would beat him to death.. I don't know what made him so mad..
Nandini:hnmm.. Dhruv tell me something.. Are we friends??
Nandini asked slowly..
Dhruv:yaah.. But why do you ask..
Nandini:are we that good friends that we can share things..
Dhruv looked at her with confused eyes.. While she waited for his answer..
Dhruv:Nandini... Why do ask me this.. Yes we can share things.. But what happened suddenly..
Nandini:umm Dhruv.. I don't know how to ask you.. But if i don't then this question would eat me up..
Dhruv:cmon Nandini.. Dont be soo formal.. Puchho jo bhi puchhna hai... I promise I'll answer..
Nandini:pakka.. You wont get angry on me..
Dhruv:nandini.. Don't check my patience.. Jaldi puchoo..
Nandini was not sure to ask but finally did.
Nandini:umm Dhruv.. Manik.. Why is he always so rude.. I mean is he always like this with you guys as well.. I mean every day i see a new side of his but this rudeness never leaves him..
And aise koi tabhi behave karta hai when he has had some bad phase in his life.. Is something bothering him.. I mean i can see it in his eyes but couldn't understand it..
Dhruv kept silent for a while and Nandini cursed herself for asking that question.
Nandini:i.. I'm sorry.. It's okay if you don't want to answer it..
Dhruv:It's nothing like that..
Dhruv said and was about to say further when someone interrupted from behind.
Voice:dhruv!!
They looked back to find Cabir standing there..
Dhruv:C.. Cabir.. Mai toh bas..
Cabir:tu yhan kya kar rha hai..
Cabir came near them.
Cabir:Nandini.. Listen I'm sorry for how Harshad..
Nandini:i..it's okay..
Cabir:Dhruv sab tujhe dhund rahe hai.. And Manik kaha hai..
Nandini:umm.. Manik.. Jam room mein hai..
Cabir:thanks..
Cabir said and dragged Dhruv with him leaving Nandini confused. Nandini slowly walked towards the room where Navya was waiting for her.
Meanwhile Cabir dragged Dhruv to a deserted corridor.
Cabir:yeh tu kya kar raha tha..
Tu usse Manik ke baare mein sab batane vaala tha... Dhruv don't you realise it..
Dhruv:i know it Cabir.. But she is nice..
Cabir:vo hogi achhi.. But Dhruv tu Manik ki permission ke bina usks past ke baare mein kisi ko nahi bata sakta.. Aur agar vo janna deserve karti hai toh unke differences sort hone ke baad Manik usse khud bata dega..
Dhruv:but she was genuinely concerned.. So i thought..
Cabir:i understand Dhruv.. But hum aise hi kisi ko bh Manik ki life ka part nahi bana sakte.. You know what had happened in the past.. Humne bhot mushkil se Manik ko uss depression se bahar nikala hai.. Hum phirse koi chance nhi le sakte..
Dhruv nodded and then they went to the jam room where Manik was sitting on the floor with his eyes closed.
They entered the room and were shocked and scared to see Manik in that state.
Cabir and Dhruv in unison:Manik..
He opened his eyes looked at them weakly.
Cabir:Manik tu aise kyun baitha hai..
Cabir said as they came close to him and sat on both his sides.
Dhruv:buddy tu thik hai na.. Please kuchh bol..
Manik:i don't know..
Cabir and Dhruv:matlab!
Manik:Nandini...
Dhruv:what about Nandini...
Manik:aaj jo kuchh hua.. In the canteen.. It was.. Not normal.. Mai itna hyper kabhi nahi hua..Harshad has pulled that stunt on many more girls.. Maana ki maine tab bhi Harshad ko roka but.. This girl.. Only the thought that Harshad could have touched her with his dirty hands killed me.. And this feels something strong.. I had never felt this way for even Vidhi...
I don't know what it is..
Cabir:Manik just chill..don't think about it..
Manik:how can i not..
Dhruv:buddy.. You remember you had told us that she is your dad's friend's niece.. So maybe its the responsibility that you have towards her..
Cabir:Manik.. It's possible.. Tu please chill kar.. Don't think so much..
Manik looked at them.
Dhruv:buddy uth jaa.. Chal i'll drop you home.. You need rest..
Manik agreed and left with Dhruv while Cabir went back to the canteen..

Parking area
Dhruv made Manik sit on the seat and then took the driving seat and started driving.
Dhruv:Manik.. Ek baat bolun.. Gussa toh nahi hoga..
Manik:buddy tu aisa kyu bol rha hai..
Dhruv:coz it's about Nandini..
Manik instantly looked at him.
Manik:what about her..
Dhruv:dekh i know you don't like her.. But..
Manik:it's not that i don't like her..
Dhruv:then why are you so rude to her every time.. Why do you behave this way with her
Manik:Dhruv.. You know hpw it all started between us.. We always just fight.. And she is too hyper..
Dhruv:but Manik aaj toh vo sirf thanks bolne aayi thi..
Manik:Dhruv there's this wierd feeling that i get when she is around me..
Dhruv:Manik.. Actually.. I met her today.. And i got to know that she is too sweet for anyone to be.. And that she..
Manik:she what..
Dhruv:she cares about you.. Just like we do.. Today when i met her.. She asked me something that i couldn't tell her..
Manik:what did she ask..
Manik looked at him suspiciously.
Dhruv: she asked if something is wrong with you.. If something is bothering you.. If you've faced something bad..
Manik:but how did she..
Dhruv:she could see it in your eyes.. And she was very much concerned i could see it in her eyes.. Manik.. She is the purest and sweetest.. Don't be so mad at her.. Please.. Today when i spoke to her i realized that she is too sweet for anyone.. Bas ek request hai tujhse..
Manik:kya..
Dhruv:the next time you meet her or talk to her.. Be sweet.. Kind.. Try to understand her and don't be rude.. I'm sure you'll feel good as well.. Don't upset her..
Manik:hnmm..
Dhruv:and now that she is my friend i won't let anyone hurt her.. Coz there can be no one like her..
Manik:is she that good..
Dhruv:yaah..
Dhruv said and put the car to hault. Manik realized they had reached his home. He got down and bid bye to Dhruv and then walked in his house still thinking about Nandini and what Dhruv said..