You're An Owl!?

Mornimg had dawned and the sun shone brightly. Nandini struggled to keep her eyes closed but the sun rays were falling right on them. She wanted to hide her face somewhere for shade when she felt ticklish. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Manik snuggling more into her to cover his face and avoid the sunlight. A smile automatically began playing on her face. She ruffled through his hair and he wrapped his arms around her waist.
Nandini:goodmorning..
Manik:hnmm.. Morning.. Windows band kardo yrr..
Nandini:windows?
She giggled that Manik had no idea where he was.
Nandini:Manik.. Hum terrace pe hai..
Manik:terrace pe..
He opened his eyes and sat up straight with a jerk.
He looked at Nandini and narrowed his gaze around.
Manik:terrace.. Achha..
Nandini:chalo neeche.. Before anybody gets up and starts finding us..
Manik:what's the time..?
Nandini checked her phone and looked back at him.
Nandini:7..
Manik:7..look at this sun.. Its shining like 12 baj gye.. I need to sleep..
Nandini:haan toh neeche jakar so jaana..
Manik:nahi..
Nandini:matlab..?
Manik realized what he said. He actually didn't want to go to his room not because he wanted to sleep under that bright sun but he wanted to sleep the way he slept last night. It was peaceful in Nandini's arms. Her touch over his forehead and in his hair was soothing. He had never had a sleep so peaceful. He wanted to stay the same way but he knew if he went down there'll be no Nandini to shush him and make him sleep by ruffling through his hair.
Manik:i mean.. What if they are already up..
Nandini:Manik.. Abhi tak Navya nhi uthi hogi toh.. Cabir aur Dhruv ka uthna toh next to impossible..
Manik:hnmm..
He said half-heartedly. He so wanted to sleep in her lap again but he couldn't. Nandini got up and moved towards the stairs and Manik followed her.
Manik:are you sure they won't be up..
Nandini:nahi Manik.. Relax.. Chalo now go sleep..
Manik:hnmm.. By the way.. What are you going to do..
Nandini:me? Nothing.. I'll go and freshen up.
Manik:Nandini like seriously.. Fresh up.. Itti jaldi.. I think you should also go and sleep..
Nandini:Manik.. Once the sun is up I'm up the sun goes down and i try to sleep..
Manik:try?
Nandini looked away to avoid the sleep topic. Manik sensed the discomfort.
Manik:Nandini.. Kya hua..
Nandini:kuchh nhi.. Tum jao aur so jao..
Manik:no wait.. Listen you know you're bad at hiding stuff right..
Nandini:I'm not hiding anything.. Manik:hey.. Look here.. Batao what's the reason for this try to sleep thing..
Nandini:Manik.. There's no reason.. Ab tumhe neend nahi aa rhi..
Manik:nhi.. Ab toh tab tak nhi aaegi jab tak tum batati nhi..
Nandini:kya?
Manik:Nandini..
Nandini:ok fine.. Jab amma appa ki death hui thi.. I didn't sleep for almost half a week. Amms tried alot and then one night she made sleep.. But after that also i rarely ever slept peacefully  half of my nights used to go sleepless and even when I slept it wasn't  peaceful. I always used to be disturbed but amms doesn't know about it.. Infact no body.. Not even Rishabh. And then I came to Mumbai aur vo sleepless nights ki habit aur badh gyi.. Ab only kabhi kabhi i sleep.. That too peacefully..
Manik:hnmm.. So basically you're an owl..
Nandini looked at him as he cracked a joke of it but only he knew how upset he was from inside.
Manik:ok then.. You freshen up and I'll go and catch some sleep.
He said and without letting Nandini react he left.
Nandini thought:haan? What was that.. He called me an owl.. Puchha kyun jab tease hi karna tha.. Huh..
She went in her room and walked in the washroom grabbing some clothes.
On the other side Manik entered his room and as Nandini said both Cabir and Dhruv were snoring in their sleep.
He lied in his bed straight. Nandini had again captured his thoughts.
Manik thought:she doesn't sleep.. And then kal bhi i disturbed her.. Manik you're an idiot.. Was she awake the whole night.. Maybe because jab i woke up she was already up.
Her thoughts wandered in his mind and he drifted back to his sleep.
******************************
It was nine and Manik was still in his bed sleeping cozily in his blanket when he felt something hit hard on his stomach. He jumped on the bed and sat straight.
Cabir:ooh uth gye aap.. Pta hai time kya ho rha hai..
Manik looked around blankly.
Dhruv:buddy its nine.. Tu abhi tak so rha.. Mumbai nhi hai.. Goa hai.. Aaj ka koi plan..
Manik:uhh.. Plann..
Manik stretched his arms and relaxed..
Manik:plan hai.. But its a late night one..
Cabir:matlab..?
Manik:get everyone here.. I'll get ready and then tell you..
Cabir and Dhruv:hnmm..
Manik grabbed his clothes and walked in the washroom while Cabir texted everyone to come to their room.
In no time Manik was back. He wore a white tee and black jacket over it with his black jeans. He looked smoking.
Soon all the others gathered in their room and Manik frantically looked around but Nandini wasn't there.
Cabir:guyz Nandini kaha hai..
Navya:pta nhi.. Jab tumhara message aaya vo immediately bahar chali gyi.. Humse bola kuchh kaam hai..
Just then Nandini entered and behind her walked in a waiter with a trolley filled with trays.
Mukti:kaha thi.. Abhi hum kahi jaane ka plan bana rhe hai aur tum..
Nandini:Mukti.. Relax.. Guyzz.. Bahar jaane ke liye enjoy karne ke liye bhi energy chahiye.. Aur breakfast toh tum mein se kisine nhi kiya.. Cmon pehle breakfast phir plan..
Nandini indicated the waiter to leave and handed everyone their breakfast.
Manik:hnnm.. So aaj ka plan hai that we're first going to Dauna paula.. Then lunch.. And then there's a choice.. Either shopping or Kala Academy..
Nandini:Kala Academy..
Alya:no shopping..
They both looked at each other and all the others looked at them. Nandini:hnm.. Shopping is not a bad idea.. Lets go for shopping..
She said and smiled at Alya..
Manik smiled at her change of mind while Alya side hugged Nandini.
They finally finished their breakfast and Manik arranged a big car for all this time as he didn't want to take risk with the girls this time.
As they walked out Cabir stopped Manik.
Cabir:tu toh keh rha tha late night plan hai..
Manik:hai..
Cabir:btaya kyun nhi.. Raat mein btaunga..
Manik smirked and left a confused Cabir behind.
They all headed towards the car.
It was a car bigger than a usual size. Three seats behind the driver and the passanger seat. With an open head.
Manik took the driving seat with Cabir on the passenger seat. Nandini sat right behind Manik with Navya and Mukti. Abhimanyu and aryaman took seats behind Nandini, Navya and Mukti while the love birds took the last seats.
The journey began.