Her Voice!!

Nandini and Navya were happily walking towards the music room when they heard Raghav's announcement.
Raghav:I hope all the the freshers are having a great time around..
They heard from the speakers and rolled their eyes.
Raghav: so now it's time for some serious work. So all the musicians from seniors to juniors need to assemble in the auditorium within the the next 5 minutes. It's show time..
Navya and Nandini looked at each other confusingly.
Navya:hey maata rani! Yeh kaisa college.. Ab konsa show hine vaala hai.. Chalo dekhe..
They chuckled and walked towards the auditorium.
While in the jam room Manik was not in a mood to see Nandini's face so he decided not to go while Dhruv tried convincing him.
Dhruv:guyz.. I think we should go.. Maybe he has got something important coz he has called everyone..
Manik:Dhruv..you know how raghav is.. Let it be I think we should practice..
Aliya and Cabir:Manik i think he is right maybe this time its something important..
Mukti:but guyz what about our practice.. We can't miss it.
Manik:Mukti is right.. We gotta practice..
Cabir:we will Manik.. But ek baar lets go and check..
Manik disinterestedly agreed and they moved out of the room.

AUDITORIUM
Nandini had already reached along with Navya and were standing near the door when Manik entered followed by his friends.
He looked at Nandini who turned her face when she saw him. He walked straight towards the stage.
Soon Raghav entered and took the stage.
Raghav:students.. Plesse fimd yourselves a seat. Settle down.
Raghav:so today's the introduction round.. Every fresher would come up the stage.. Choose their instruments and showcase their talents.. I hope you all know that you guys have to compete with 2 very known bands of space. One is ofcourse fab5 and the other you'll come to kbow soon.
Raghav said and pointed towards Manik's group
Nandini:tabhi itna attitude hai.. Huh..
She said and stared at Manik who disinterestedly looked at Raghav.
Raghav:ok.. So today! The person i think should be the first one to show her talent is the girl I met yesterday and her talent mesmerised me... Cmon Nandini.. Guyzz lets hear it for Nandini Murthy...
Raghav announced and everybody looked here and there to figure out who it was.
Even Nandini was confused and Navya had to pinch her to tell her that she was to go. Manik looked at her while she nervously looked around.
Raghav:cmon Nandini.. You can do it.. Come up..
Nandi nervously teared through the crowd and walked on the stage.
She looked at Navya who was continuously smiling to give her confidence. She then looked at the other faces half of which were totally disinterested and the rest were busy giggling and talking, paying no attention to the girl standing on the stage. She looked in the corner where Mnaik sat. He pretended to ignore.
Nandini sat and held the veena softly while adjusted the mike nervously as she could feel eyes turning to her slowly.
She closed her eyes and the little cold breeze made her shiver. She slowly started singing.

Moh moh ke dhaage.. moh moh ke dhaage. Manik instantly looked at her as he heard her sing. He recognized her voice.. It was the same which had captivated him the previous day.. the same voice which had echoed in his head the whole day.. He forgot all their fights and his anger on her. He kept on admiring her calm face.
Yeh moh moh ke dhaage
Teri ungliyon se jaa uljhe
Yeh moh moh ke dhaage
Teri ungliyon se ja uljhe
Koi toh toh na laage
Kis tarah girah ye suljhe
Hai rom rom ek tara
Hai rom rom iktaara
Jo badalon mein se guzre
Nandini soon drowned into the lyrics and a smile appeared on her face while her fingers were playing with the wires of the veena. Music had become her drug and she was addicted to it badly.
Ye moh moh ke dhage
Teri ungliyon se jaa uljhe
Koi toh toh na lage
Kis tarah girah yeh suljhe
The crowd had gradually started enjoying her song and were swaying along the tune.
Tu hoga zaraa paagal
Tune mujh ko hai chuna
Tu hoga zara pagal
Tune mujh ko hai chunaa
Kaise toone ankahaa
Tune an-kahaa sab suna
Tu hoga zara paagal
Tune mujh ko hai chuna
Navya felt proud at how Nandini handled her situation..
Tu din sa hai, mein raat
Aana Donon mil jaayein shaamon ki tarah...
Manik was still staring at her. He could move his eyes off her calm face as she sang with utmost peace. It seemed that she was the calmest soul.
Yeh moh moh ke dhaage
Teri ungliyon se ja uljhe
Koi toh toh na laage
Kis tarah girah ye suljhe
Yeh teri jhoothi baatein mai saari maan loon
Ke teri jhoothi baatein mai saari maan loon
Aankhon se tere sach sabhi, sab kuchh abhi jaan loon
Ke teri jhoothi baatein mai saari maan loon…
Nandini opened her eyes to see people enjoying her song. She slowly moved her eyes towards Navya who was smiling broadly and then she glanced at fab5. Nobody looked much interested in that group except for two pairs of eyes. Dhruv was smiling at her appreciatively. While Manik, who was mesmerised by her, was looking at her unblinkingly.
Tej hai dhaara behte se hum awaara
Aa tham ke saansein le yahaan
Yeh moh moh ke dhaage
Teri ungliyon se jaa uljhe
Koi toh toh na laage
Kis tarah girah yeh suljhe..
Nandini finally finished, bringing everyone out of their trances. She got down the stage and was followed by loud claps and hootings.
Raghav:now that was amazing.. Nandini.. Now the rest of you.. This is what all of you have to do..
On came students and performed but none of them appealed and so he got up and left saying that he had saying that he gad some important work  while going out he gave a last glance at Nandini who was busy watching the other performances.
He left the auditorium but her voice and her peaceful face didn't leave his mind. He could feel some connection with her. He was confused. He went straight to the jam room and sat there.
Manik:dam! I should hate her... Whats wrong with me!!
He sai and closed his eyes but as soon as he closed his eyes her face flashed in front of him.. He could not take it anymore.
He immediately left the room and was out of the college in his car in no time. He drove as fast as he could and soon was out sight..