Dance With Me from Tobin's P.O.V.

After I stormed out of our room, I didn't go to Cheney and Arod. I went to the beach. I sat on the sand, looking up at the stars. Guilt began to consume me. I shouldn't have yelled at her. She's my younger sister, my best friend... or maybe a little more. I shook my head. I had Tristan now. But still... there was that pause when she said she was my friend, as if she was searching for the right word. Then there was the thing that she had to tell me before I introduced her to Tristan, that wasn't important afterwards. I got up, and went to Cheney and Arod's room. "Hey, Tobs." Cheney said, opening the door. "What's going on?" "I fucked up, Cheney." I said. "Oh god." Arod said from where she was sitting on the bed. "Better bring her in, Chens." Cheney guided me into the room and sat me down on the other bed. "What'd you do this time, Tobs?" Arod asked. "I just lost my best friend." I said. Cheney raised an eyebrow. "Thalia." I explained. "We got in an argument. I yelled at her. I told her I hated her. But the problem is, I don't. I love her. And I was too blind to see what was in front of me." "Let's just wait and see how this plays out, Tobin." Cheney said. "Alright." I said. "Can I sleep in here tonight?" "Sure." Cheney said. Camp ended, and I went home with Tristan. It went great for the first week, then everything went downhill. He started hitting me and treating me like a slave. I had stolen one of Thalia's hoodies, and I slept with it every night. I wanted my friend back, but I wanted her as more than a friend. I loved her. The way she would yell at all of us during games, the way her bright green eyes sparkled when she laughed, the way her small body moved when I danced with her. Guilt stabbed through me as I thought about her. I had always been her shoulder to cry on, no matter what. And now where was I? Miles away, where she couldn't reach me if she really needed me. The photo I cried over the most was the one of us dancing. My thumb would always trace over the words "dance with me" engraved on the bottom of the frame. I hid it in the secret drawer in my desk so Tristan didn't find it. I promised myself that this was not the end of the bond between me and Thalia. We would dance together again.