Addie

"Tobin!" Thalia cried, bursting into their hotel room. "Tobin Tobin Tobin! We have to go! Come on!" "Whoa, whoa, whoa." Tobin said. "Back up. We're not going anywhere until I have an explanation. Where are we going?" "Hospital!" Thalia said. "Why?" Tobin asked, extremely confused. "My cousin!" Thalia said. "She's the only family I have left, and she's the one who taught me to play soccer, and I love her a lot, and she got hit by a drunk driver, and she's in the hospital! Let's go!" "Fine." Tobin said, giving in. "Let me tell Jill first." "I ran into Abby when I was running here, and Abby said she'd tell Jill." Thalia said. "Now come on!" Thalia and Tobin went to the hospital. "Addie Green?" Thalia asked at the front desk. "Room 110." the receptionist said. Tobin held onto the younger girl's arm to keep her from sprinting upstairs. When they got upstairs, Thalia burst into room 110. A woman with ear-length reddish-brown hair was propped up in the bed, her body covered in casts and bandages. "Addie!" Thalia yelled, running towards the woman. "Careful, kiddo." Addie said, smiling at the forward. "I'm broken." Thalia gave her cousin a gentle hug, and Addie hugged back as best she could. "Good girl." Addie said. "I'm proud of you." "Huh?" Thalia asked, confused. "Just look at you!" Addie said. "Starting forward for the U.S. Women's National Team! Youngest player to win a World Cup! Seems like only yesterday when I found you shivering on my doorstep." "I can fix you." Thalia blurted, moving to put her hand on Addie's broken leg, but Addie stopped her. "No." she said. "You've got a lot of energy in that little body of yours, but not that much energy. You'll kill yourself trying to heal me, and I don't want that. Why don't introduce me to your friend over there instead?" "This is Tobin Heath." Thalia said, pulling Tobin closer. "Left middy for the team. And my girlfriend." "Girlfriend, eh?" Addie asked, grinning at Tobin. "My little jedi knight is growing up!" "Addie!" Thalia protested. "What?" Addie said. "It's true!" her expression turned serious as she looked at Tobin. "You take care of her, Heath." she said. "If she comes to me with a broken heart, I'll know exactly who to kill." "I won't break her heart." Tobin said. "That's the last thing I'd do. This girl is my world. I'd rather die than lose her." "Awww, Toby." Thalia said, kissing Tobin on the cheek. "Whoa, guys." Addie said, laughing. "Tone the cuteness down a couple notches. I can't handle it." "sorry." Tobin and Thalia said. They talked for a while, with Tobin sitting in the chair next to Addie's bed, and Thalia sitting in Tobin's lap. Thalia started to get drowsy, and rested her head on Tobin's chest. At that point, there was a loud knock on the door, and Abby stepped in. She did a double take when she saw Addie. "Addie?" she asked. "Addie Green? Number 11 on the Green Valley High School team?" "Uh... yeah?" Addie said. "Who are you?" "It's me!" Abby said. "Abby Wambach!" Addie laughed. "Come to steal my cousin, Wambach?" she asked. "Not steal, borrow." Abby said, laughing too. "Come on, Squirt. We've gotta go." Thalia got off of Tobin's lap and walked over to Addie. "Careful with me." Addie said, grinning. "I'm still broken." Thalia laughed, and carefully hugged Addie, who carefully hugged back. Thalia then walked over to Tobin, who picked her up, cradling the tiny girl in her arms. Abby walked over to Addie's bedside. Addie grinned. "I'll tell you the same thing I told the kid." she said. "Careful with me. I'm broken." Abby laughed, and carefully hugged her high school friend. "It was nice meeting you, Tobin." Addie said. "I know you can't hug me though." "It was nice meeting you too." Tobin said. "We can catch up tomorrow." Abby said. "Bye, Addie." "Bye, Abby." Addie said, waving as the three soccer players walked out.