Soccer Love

Tobin Heath was enjoying herself. She loved doing these meet and greets, getting to meet fans, take pictures, and sign autographs. A girl came up to Tobin wearing a Number 17 USWNT jersey. Tobin's breath hitched. The girl was beautiful. She was slender, but muscular, with jet black hair streaked with red falling past narrow shoulders down to her waist. She had bright green eyes and tan skin, and her legs showed the distinct tan lines of a soccer player. "What's your name?" Tobin asked. "Thalia Skywalker." the girl said. "I see by your tan lines that you play soccer." Tobin said. "What position?" "Forward." Thalia said. Tobin nodded. "Cool." she said. Tobin signed Thalia's jersey, and Thalia thanked Tobin and walked off. Tobin watched as she walked away and was swallowed by the crowd. "Someone's got a crush." Alex Morgan said, nudging Tobin. "Do not!" Tobin protested. "Keep telling yourself that, Heath." Alex said, smirking as she walked off.

~TIME SKIP: The Next Day~

Thalia's P.O.V.

I walked into the convention center and sat down on one of the couches in the lobby to wait for my younger brother to come out of band practice. I heard footsteps, and looked up. Tobin Heath was coming my way, juggling a ball. I blushed and looked down at my phone. I heard Tobin walk past me, then a hand brushed my shoulder. I looked up, and saw Tobin looking back at me, her signature million dollar smile on her face. "I met you yesterday, didn't I?" she asked. "Thalia, right?" I nodded. "Well, it's nice to meet you again, Thalia." Tobin said. "You too, miss Heath." I said. Tobin laughed. "Please, just call me Tobin." she said. She used her foot to toss the soccer ball to me. I caught it on my foot and tossed it back. "So why are you here?" Tobin asked as we tossed the ball back and forth with our feet. "You're not stalking me, are you?" I laughed. "Nope." I said. "My younger brother has band rehearsals here. I'm waiting for him to get out so we can take the train home. I work at the comic shop up the street." "Cool." Tobin said. "Which one?" "Starclipper." I said. "Oh, yeah!" Tobin said. "I went there. It's a cool place." I nodded. "So how long have you lived here in St. Louis?" Tobin asked. "All my life." I said. "You're from Basking Ridge, right?" "Yup." Tobin said. The doors to the room where band rehearsals were held opened, and my brother's bandmates started coming out. Tobin clapped me on the shoulder. "I'd better get going." she said. "You've got good ball skills." "Thanks." I said. Tobin flashed me another million dollar smile and walked off. "Who was that?" my brother asked, wiping sweat from his tanned face. "Tobin heath." I said. "Tobin Heath?" my brother asked. "Like, USWNT number 17 Tobin Heath? Your crush? That Tobin Heath?" "I told you to shut up about that." I said. "But yeah. That Tobin Heath. Let's go home."

~TIME SKIP: The Next Day~

I pulled my kayak up onto the shore of the river in Forest Park. I kayaked every weekend to help my upper body strength. "Well, fancy meeting you here!" a familiar voice called. "Hey, Tobin!" I said, grinning at the sight of the tanned midfielder. "What's up?" Tobin asked, walking down to where I was. "Nothin' much." I said, folding up my kayak into a backpack. "Good." Tobin said. "I was actually hoping to run into you. Coach wants you to try out for the National Team." "Really?" I asked. "Really." Tobin said, grinning. "So you have gear?" "Yeah." I said, slinging a drybag over my shoulder. "I was going to go work on my game after I was done kayaking." Tobin and I started heading towards the soccer fields. "Thalia, can I make a confession?" Tobin asked. "Sure." I said. We stopped under the shade of a willow tree, and Tobin put her hands on my shoulders and looked into my eyes. "Thalia, I've been in love with you ever since the meet and greet." she said. "I don't know if you share those feelings, I don't even know if you like girls, but that's how I feel about you." I smiled. "Tobin, I've loved you for much longer." I said. "So you wouldn't mind if I did this?" Tobin asked, leaning in. Our lips were inches apart. "Not at all." I said, hardly breathing. Our lips met, and it was amazing. No, it was more than amazing. It was perfect.

This is kind of based on my life. There is a comic book shop in downtown St. Louis called Starclipper, and my brother is in band. Forest park is also a real place. This is based off of a dream I had last night, except in the dream, it was IRL me with Tobin, not Thalia.