Together Again

"Hey, good job out there." the woman said, putting a hand on my shoulder. I had just transferred to a new NWSL team, which included some of my old USWNT teammates: Ali and Ash, Press and JJ, Moe and Kling, and Arod and Cheney. "Thanks." I said. "You too. I don't think I've ever seen anyone nutmeg that many people in one go." the woman laughed. "Thanks." she said. "I'm going for an ice bath. Wanna join me? You look beat." "Sure." I said, following the woman into the training center. This woman was familiar to me. I felt as if I knew her. Everything about her was familiar, from her tanned skin to her warm brown eyes to her million-dollar smile. She had some of the best footwork on the team and had a particular fondness for nutmegs. ((A.N: If you don't know who this woman is at this point, go sit in a corner and think about what you've done.)) We walked into the ice bath room and took off our cleats, socks, and shinguards. We sat on the edge of the tub across from each other, soaking our feet and ankles in the ice cold water. The woman hissed as her feet hit the water. "I'll never get used to these." she said. I laughed. "Me neither." I said. The woman studied my face. "You look familiar." she said. "I get that a lot." I said. "Guess I've got one of those faces." the woman shook her head. "I feel like I know you." she said. "I feel like we've played together before. You look like my girlfriend. But I haven't seen her for ten years." "Why haven't you?" I asked. "I did something awful to her." the woman said. "What did you do?" I asked. "I nearly killed her." the woman said. "Keep in mind, I loved this girl. I never wanted to hurt her. When I did it, it was like someone was controlling my body. I grabbed her by the throat and raised her above my head. She kept pleading, begging for me to stop, and I wanted to, but I couldn't. Eventually, she went unconscious, and I regained control of my body. I haven't seen her since. She's probably dead now because of me." "What's your name?" I asked. "Tobin." the woman said. "Tobin Heath." I grinned. "Well, Tobin, I can tell you that your girl isn't dead." I said. "What?!" Tobin asked. "How do you know?!" "She's sitting right in front of you." I said. Tobin's eyes widened with recognition. "Thalia..." she whispered. "Thalia, I am so sorry." "It's okay, Tobin." I said. "I don't blame you. Drink this." I took a small bottle of green liquid from my pocket and handed it to Tobin. "What is it?" Tobin asked. "It'll keep you from trying to kill me again." I said. "Just drink it." Tobin shrugged. "Cheers." she said, before downing the liquid. A black mist came out of her body and rushed at me, but I was ready for it, my hands glowing with blue energy. I stabbed my hand through the mist, and the mist dissipated. "I feel like something was just lifted off my back." Tobin said. "So that mist stuff was what made me try to kill you?" I nodded. Tobin crossed over to my side of the tub and sat down next to me. She put her arm around my shoulder, and I laid my head in the crook of her neck. "I've missed you, baby girl." Tobin said, leaning down and kissing me. "I've missed you too, Tobin." I said.