It's Just A Thought.

Freddie's P.O.V.

"John, darling? What's the matter?" I quizzed, panicked at the sight of him.

All the anger of being awoken had disappeared, instead I was ready to catch the frail man as he looked like he was ready to collapse.

He was shaking but it wasn't overly cold outside, he was deathly pale. He looked extremely ill.

He stuttered, slurring as he tried to speak, sounding as if he was drunk but he wasn't. He swallowed hard as he struggled to shift his heavy eyes into mine. He continued to hold up the paper, a letter.
"Th-they're...throwing...me-me...out..." he choked on his words.

I tried to make sense of him but I couldn't, "Throwing you out? Who? Throwing you out of where? What do you mean?" I asked, rushed but hushed.

He thrusted the letter towards me and I took it from him, scanning over the words.

My stomach dropped as I read over the sentence that stood out the most.

"Oh fuck, John." I whispered under my breath. "Come on, love, come in, come in."

I helped him through the door way and ushered him into my kitchen where I sat him down.

"Tea. We need tea." I dithered about boiling the kettle and making us a mug of tea each before I joined him at my kitchen table, and put the letter down in between us.

I looked at him as he fiddled with his mug.

"Why didn't you tell us, Deaky?" I asked, empathy in my voice as I felt truly awful for him. "We could have helped you." I reached over and placed my hand on top of one of his and squeezed it.

"How? Y-you couldn't have just...g-given me your...money..." he was still stammering from the panic and dread he was probably feeling.

"Of course we would. We probably haven't got much to give you Deaks but we would have given you whatever you needed, you know that."

"Exactly...you haven't got much yourself..."

"Not the point. We would have helped you. We're not exactly on a great deal of wages right now, I know that, but you still should have told us you were having money problems."

"I was embarrassed..."

"Darling, why? It's not like you're a fucking gambler, you're sensible with your money, you use it to pay your bills and that's about it, it's not your fault you're not earning enough...none of us are."

There was a silence as he looked down at the table for a while, we both sipped our tea and thought about what we could do.

I read over that disgusting sentence on John's letter once again.

Your property is being seized.

I physically winced.

"Freddie..." John muttered after a while, "I have nowhere to go..." you could hear that he had a lump in his throat.

"Well of course you do! You can stay here." It was the least I could do. I couldn't just let him to stay somewhere strange, besides, he'd be spoilt for choice, I'm sure Roger and Brian would also offer to give him one of their spare rooms too.

"I-I couldn't! I have nothing to give you, no money to help pay the bills or-!" I cut his panic off.

"Dear, you get back on your feet before you even think about giving anyone any money, okay? We can manage."

"Oh Fred, are you sure? You don't mind?"

"Of course not! After work we'll go over and get your belongings and bring them back here, you'll be okay Deaky, you'll get back on top, I promise!"