Carlos Sainz: Surprise!

Requested by @gabycamargo99: You and Carlos' mom surprise him on a race weekend.

It was race weekend in Barcelona, so you had secretly spoken to Carlos' family as you wanted to surprise him by showing up to the race. He knew that you preferred to watch the race at home because of the press and the crowd. He thought that you wouldn't be there this time either. He even thought you weren't in Spain. But you had secretly arranged everything and got to Spain just in time before he would notice anything. You had also spoken to Carlos' team so they could sneak you in without him seeing you. It would be a big surprise, considering the fact that you had never been on the track before.

The race had just started which meant that the two of you could stop hiding and watch the race in the paddock. The team didn't mind you being around - in fact, they even liked your presence. Probably because there were never many women around. It was also good for their reputation. The press was all about it. They'd take every chance of photographing you since you and Carlos had made your relationship official to the press only a few weeks ago.

It wasn't that you liked the press, not at all even. You had just never really liked so much attention due to your rather shy nature. But you just felt like you could support him more by being closer to him. His mom was very much the same in nature as you were, so you had instantly taken a liking to her. His father spotted you and walked over, kissing his wife and giving you a hug. The race was nerve wrecking but he had done very well, he ended the race in P6 so you were all very ecstatic.

After the race, it took at least an hour for him to finally return to the paddock. Then he had a meeting for at least another hour. Sometimes you forgot how busy he was. So you and his mom decided to go for a stroll through the pit lane.

Out in the pit lane, there was a whirlwind of press and mechanics running around. You really wondered how Carlos could put up with this chaos all the time. This was your first time seeing a race from up close, and you were already fed up with the crowds. You finally decided that a walk through the pits wasn't the best idea and quickly returned to the paddock again. You and his parents just talked around for some time, making yourself comfortable on the sofa.

You finally spotted some familiar looking hair coming out and into the paddock. You smiled when you saw that he was very pleased with himself. He spotted his dad and came over to you, not even realising his mom and girlfriend were there too. "Good job, son," his father said, slapping Carlos on his back.

He smiled happily, then turned around towards the two of you and his jaw nearly dropped onto the floor.

"Surprise!" You and his mom said in sync, then threw your arms around him. He hugged back tightly and threw an arm around you.

"It was about damn time I got you to visit me here, babe".