Max Verstappen: Meeting the parents pt. 2

Word count: 646

It had been a week after you and Max had gone to meet his parents. You and his mother had contacted each other a lot and you had even helped her out with her living room already. You still had seen no sign of his dad up until now. Max had been a little off ever since the outburst. You completely understood him, but hated seeing him like this.

Today, you had finally had enough. You had decided to visit Jos and talk things through. You just couldn't stand this situation anymore.vYou didn't tell Max you were going to his father's place. You had told him you were going to visit an old friend.

"Max, I'm leaving, laters baby!"

"Bye love, enjoy yourself."

You opened the door and were greeted by a figure. You trailed your eyes up and saw Jos standing before you. Your eyes widened and your jaw fell a little.

"(Y/n)," He nodded.

"Jos," you nodded back at him. "You beat me to it. I was just about to drive to your place."

All of a sudden you felt two strong arms wrap around you, signalling you that Max was ready to defend you again if he needed to.

"Are you here to yell at her again? Because if you are, I suggest you better leave," Max said.

"I am not. Can I please come in to explain myself?" Jos said, a look of pity taking over his features.

Max wanted to say something but you beat him to it and told Jos that he could come in. Once you were all seated, an awkward silence fell. You nearly rolled your eyes because this was not the kind of situation that you had been hoping for.

"Look, (y/n), I hope you don't think that I hate you," Jos began, regret showing on his face.

"Oh, but I do," you started, "you seemed to be pretty hostile last week."

"I don't hate you. I am just looking out for Max. I am worried about him, believe it or not."

"Oh, so now you care?" Max jumped in. He was angry. You could practically feel the anger radiating off him as he sat next to you.

"Of course I care, you are my son. And I want you to be happy."

"I have never been happier before, dad," Max said, gritting his teeth.

"I know. I can see that now. I was blind and worried about you," Jos sighed and stood up. "The only thing I am asking for is for your forgiveness. I never meant to hurt you, (y/n). Max loves you. And if he loves you, so will I."

Your heart swelled by his words. Sure, he had hurt you, but you had already forgiven him when he was standing at your frontdoor. You hoped Max would forgive him for his behaviour, just like you had already done.

"I shall take my leave then," Jos said, and slowly began walking out of the room towards the front door.

You nudged Max in his side and motioned him to follow his dad, which he did.

"Dad."

Jos slowly turned towards his son, with a hopeful glint in his eyes and a sad smile plastered on his face.

"You're still an ass."

"I know, son."

"But you are forgiven."

Jos let out a long sigh and smiled happily, "I am so glad."

"But you better make sure to never talk to her like that again, dad."

"I won't. I promise."

-

"I am so glad you and your dad are on good terms again," you said happily as you laid in bed together.

"Me too, love."

"You know... I was actually going to visit him, not an old friend of mine."

"I know," Max smirked.

"What! But- how?"

"You're a terrible liar (y/n)."

"I hate you."

"See? I told you you are."