Stoffel Vandoorne [3]

For Jumparound247

3. "I'm flirting with you."

Word count: 578

You were out with your friends to celebrate one of their birthdays. You could feel a pair of eyes on you, watching your every move, but you shrugged it off for now. Why would someone even be looking at you for that long? When you turned around while dancing, your eyes crossed with another pair of eyes. They were beautiful. It made your breath hitch in your throat. The guy sent you a small smile and averted his eyes from you, only to focus on the drink he held in his hands. Was he blushing?

"He's cute! Go over there, (y/n)," your friend told you and pushed you to walk his way. You took a deep breath and decided to be bold for once in your life. You had been drinking enough, so you were feeling quite confident. When you made your way over to him, you made eye contact again. He seemed to be shocked to see you walking his way.

"Hi there," you said as you went to stand next to him with a small smile on your face. You hopped onto one of the barstools next to him.

"Hi, I didn't think you would come over here," he said while looking you up and down. He thought you looked absolutely breathtaking. You only now realised that this man wasn't just any man, but that he was Stoffel Vandoorne, your favourite racing driver. "Really, why is that?" You questioned him.

"Why? You're way out of my league. I mean, look at you" he said with a pitiful smile, making you roll your eyes at him.

"Oh please, if anything, I'm out of your league. You're Stoffel Vandoorne after all!"

"So, you know my name? May I know yours then?"

"I'm (y/n), nice to meet you," you said as you extended your hand for him to shake. He did and placed a kiss on your knuckles after, like the real gentleman he is. You blushed and giggled at his move.

"What would you like?" he asked, making you blink a few times. Would it be bad if you told him you'd like to have him? It probably was.

"Sorry?" You blinked dumbly. "To drink. What would you like to drink?"

"Oh! Right. I'll have a baco," you said, clearing your throat. He called the bartender over and ordered a baco for you and another kind of drink for himself. Once the drinks were placed in front of you, you talked about all sorts of things. You found out Stoffel was a really nice young man. He also seemed to get more comfortable around you by the passing minutes and he even shared some bad jokes with you.

"I meant what I said about you being out of my league, though. You're so beautiful (y/n)."

"Are you drunk?" you asked with a giggle as he eyed you. His eyes glimmered and he had a lopsided grin on his face.

"No, I'm flirting with you."

"Oh, really?" you asked. You were surprised to hear that he, of all people, was flirting with you. Not that you didn't like it. "Mhm," he mumbled and nodded his head before leaning in to place a kiss on your cheek.

"Well, the night is far from over yet," you said, subtly hinting that you wanted to be in his company a lot longer.

"That's good. Then I have more time to win your heart over," he said with a wink.