Max Verstappen [89]

A short drabble for sariitiisima

89. "Is it possible to love too much?"

Word count: 370

You smiled as you came home and saw that Max and your baby boy were both fast asleep on the couch. You walked up to them and carefully picked up your son to put him in his crib after kissing his forehead. You decided to let Max sleep a little longer and started preparing dinner. Half an hour later you were finished preparing the food and decided to wake Max. You kneeled down in front of him and stroked his hair. It was so soft and smelled so good you almost felt like joining him on the couch. "Max, babe. Wake up," you said. "No, let me sleep," he mumbled.

"Dinner's ready sweetheart," you said, grinning down at him. Max opened his eyes and didn't seem to be sleepy anymore. "Let's eat then, babe. Unless you want me to have you for dinner," he wiggled his eyes and smirked.

"No, Max," you shook your head, "but if you're not too full, you can have me for dessert," you decided to flirt back, making him chuckle.

"Sounds perfect. Where's little Verstappen? I thought he was with me."

"Don't worry, I brought him to bed. The little man is sleeping like a log," you smiled.

After dinner - Max may or may not have had you for dessert - the two of you just relaxed a bit until you were interrupted by cries. You looked overr at Max, silently hoping he would go check up on your son. The couch was too comfortable to leave. As if he could read your mind, Max stood up and made his way over to the little man and picked him up. He soothed him and rocked him back to sleep, pressing a kiss to son's temple. Your heart melted at the sight before you and stood up to join Max by the side of the crib. You wrapped your arms around Max's torso and buried your head in his chest, sighing happily.

"Is it possible to love too much?" You asked, thinking of how Lucky you were with your husband and son. "I believe so," Max answered with a grin, thinking the exact same thing. He felt like he was the luckiest man on earth.