Nico Hulkenberg: Too old for you

Word count: 948

Tag list: DannyRicc17 talkseb nicohulkenburger sariitiisima Thclouds _Niami CrownOfThorns22 KamiiTth Birdina let me know if you want to be added or if I forgot to tag you!

Today was the day Nico turned 31. You and Daniel had teamed up to throw him an amazing birthday party, because he truly deserved to relax a little bit after the first half of the racing season. Seeing as you and Daniel both loved yourselves a good party, the planning went smooth – except, you had no idea what to give Nico as a present.

You being his team mate's media officer, you and Nico saw each other pretty often, so you knew quite a lot about him. You would give him a watch, but he'd probably already have a dozen. In the end you just decided to go to the local distillery to buy some drinks. You could never go wrong with alcohol, right?

Nico wasn't surprised you had thrown him a party, as you hadn't made a secret out of it. He smiled and shook his head as he saw how much time you and Daniel had spent decorating the whole apartment.

"Hey old man, happy birthday!" you exclaimed as you wrapped your arms around his neck to pull him into a tight embrace. He cringed at your word choice and sent you a soft smile. He hated the fact that he was at least ten years older than you. Why would you ever been interested in him like that anyways? He found himself pathetic for his stupid crush on you, something that should have never happened. He was snapped out of his thoughts as you pressed something heavy into his hands, a basket filled with way too expensive looking bottles of beer and whiskey.

"I didn't know what to give you since you obviously pretty much already have everything you want," you started nervously, "but I figured this would do. Again, happy birthday, Nico," you smiled up at him.

Nico seemed to be pleased with the gift as he smiled warmly at you and immediately opened one of the expensive bottles of whiskey to pour you and himself something to drink. "You shouldn't have, you being here would have been enough," he smiled as he then made a toast to everyone in the room.

A few hours later the people you and Dan had invited had all loosened up due to the alcohol in their system. You, Nico, Daniel, Max and his girlfriend Dilara had decided to sit somewhere more private. "Let's play a game of truth or dare, shall we?" Daniel suggested. You didn't have your guards up due to the alcohol you had consumed, so you all agreed.

"(y/n), why don't you go first," Max smirked, "if you were into a guy, but he's a lot older than you, how old could he be for you to still date him?"

You giggled as you looked at Nico for a split second, "hmm... I'd say 31," you smirked a bit, indirectly letting Nico know you would totally do him if he asked politely.

"Nico," you suddenly said, "your turn. What was your favourite gift you received tonight?"

"Oh, definitely your present, (y/n)," he smirked, making you blush in return.

The game went on just like that. Daniel and Max could barely look at the two of you, while Dilara beamed at you, thinking you two would be incredibly cute together.

"Max," Daniel said, "who is the most beautiful girl in the room tonight?"

"Easy! My girl, Dilara," Max replied. The heart-eyes were obvious as he looked at her, making you melt. If only Nico would look at you that way.

"Nico, who do you think is the most beautiful girl present tonight?" Dilara asked him.

Nico gulped, but he figured there was no point lying now, "obviously, that would be you," he said as he looked directly into your eyes.

"Alright, I see this as my cue to leave the lovebirds alone," Daniel said as he stood up, dragging Max with him. Dilara sent you a knowing smirk and left the two of you alone as well.

"You really think I'm beautiful?" you asked shyly. You had never thought he would think about you that way.

"Well, yes. You have no idea how beautiful you are and how hard it is for me to keep my eyes off of you."

"What if I told you, you don't have to? What if I don't want you to keep your eyes off of me?"

"(y/n), I'm 31, and you're, what? Barely 20. I'm too old for you, love."

"I told you I would date a guy with the age of 31 and I was obviously talking about you, so stop complaining about your goddamn age, would you!" you exclaimed, throwing your arms up in the air.

"But, think of all the younger guys you could have, think of all the guys that would actually be able to offer you a normal life," Nico tried.

"I don't have a normal life anymore, and I don't want one either. Can't you see that you are all that I want? Are you really that oblivious?"

"I just don't want to ruin your life in about 10 years. I'll be an old man, probably won't be in Formula 1 anymore by then, I have nothing to give you."

"You have everything to give, you have it all. I ask for nothing more than love. And you probably not being in Formula 1 for much longer doesn't affect my feelings for you. if you'd give up everything to become a garbage man tomorrow, I would still love you."

"That's a lie."

"Okay, maybe. But do you get my point? I love you. I am in love with you, so will you just kiss me already?" what can I say, he happily complied.