Antonio Giovinazzi [12]

A/N: Antonio is too beautiful for this world 😍😭 This one is for Mari2294

12. "I didn't realize I needed your permission."

Word count: 870

Antonio had been acting a little weird lately. He just wasn't himself. So naturally when he left the room and his phone beeped, you went to see who it was. You knew it was bad to do this and that he probably would get mad if he caught you looking through his phone, but you really needed to know what was up with him. You sighed in relief as you saw that the one who had texted him was only his friend, Pierre.

"(y/n)? What are you doing?" Antonio asked as he walked back into the room, making you curse under your breath and cringe. You put up a sweet smile and handed him back his telephone.

"I was just about to bring it to you," you said, not even believing yourself.

"(y/n)... you weren't going through my phone, were you?" Antonio asked while raising an eyebrow at you. You quickly shook your head, but sighed as you noticed that your boyfriend already knew the answer. "You could have at least told me, principessa," he sighed.

"Why are you making such a big deal about it? It's not like you don't do the same. But the difference is, I don't have to hide something from you, which you are definitely doing," you said as you crossed your arms. You had had enough of his weird behaviour. "Besides, I didn't realize I needed your permission!"

"(y/n). I promise you that I'm not hiding anything from you. I was just busy planning something nice for y-"

"Save it, Antonio. I'm out," you said as you turned around and walked to the door, slamming it shut behind you as you walked to your car and drove off.

-

"Pierre! I need your help right now," Antonio said through the phone as he panicked that he had lost you forever.

"The Antonio Giovinazzi needs my help? I thought I'd never see this day," Pierre snickered at the other side of the line. "All jokes aside, what happened?"

"I caught (y/n) going through my phone because she had suspicions about something. I didn't want her to see anything about the surprise I have planned for her... and I think that she thinks I cheated on her now..."

"Mate," Pierre sighed, "talk to her. You can't lose her, she's a gem."

"But how? She left the house without her phone and I have no idea where she is."

"Just think of where she would go if she's upset about something. I'm sure you'll find her. Oh, and if you don't, I'll talk to her."

"Okay... okay. Thanks, I think I know where she is."

"If only you didn't have me to save your a-" Pierre said, but Antonio had already ended the call before he could finish his sentence and raced to his car.

-

"(y/n), principessa?" You were shaken out of your thoughts by an all too familiar voice.

"Go away. I don't want to see you," you said as you wiped away some tears that had rolled down your cheeks. You hadn't even noticed you were crying until he had snapped you out of your thoughts.

"Do you trust me?" Antonio asked as he sat down next to you on the bench.

You glared at him and laughed sarcastically, "what do you think? I know I should not have gone through your phone, but you were acting so suspicious you almost left me no choice. Just admit it if you cheated on me."

"I could not and I would not ever cheat on you, tesoro. I did not want you to see something I have been planning to surprise you with. I hope you can forgive me for making you think that I would ever do something like that to you. I can't think of a life without you," he admitted.

"Oh gosh, I am so stupid," you said while facepalming yourself, "I could have known that you wouldn't hurt me like that. I am so sorry, I'm an idiot."

"But you're my idiot," Antonio grinned as he pressed a chaste kiss on your lips, "Let's get you home, you are freezing," he said as he took a hold of your hand and walked towards his car.

"Anto, wait a moment," you said, making him turn around to face you, "what surprise were you planning?" you asked mischievously.

"I am not at all prepared for that at the moment," Antonio grinned.

"I don't care. You know I hate waiting, amore mio," you said, shrugging your shoulders.

"Alright. I guess you leaving today made me realize how much I want to do this even more. Like I said, I am totally not prepared, but I promise you, you will get the best of the best if you say yes."

"Alright?" You said hesitantly as you still had no idea what was going on. "It was supposed to be more romantic, but here we go," Antonio said as he got down on one knee and took your hands in his. "Vuoi sposarmi?" (Hope I got this right) He said in his mother tongue, "marry me, my love."

You shook your head in disbelief and felt yourself tearing up once again. "Of course I will marry you!"