Max Verstappen: Crashing into you

Requested by laylamiddelkoopp

Word count: 527

You were going to see the Formula 1 race in Spa this weekend and were beyond excited. Your dad had given you very expensive tickets for your birthday, which meant you were able to pass places most other people couldn't.

Just before the qualifying session, you made your way over to a stand to buy some tacos. You'd been told it was good food and you were really hungry. When you arrived at the stand, you saw that the queue was very long, which made you sigh in annoyance. You were ready to walk towards another stand when you heard someone shout 'look out!' and before you could even turn around to see what he was talking about you crashed into a hard, solid body. The both of you fell to the ground and you silently prayed that nobody had seen this happening.

"Jesus Christ!" you shouted out, annoyed by the person knocking you over and not looking out.

"I'm sorry! I'm so, so sorry," the person exclaimed, which you now knew was a man based on his low voice, "here, let me help you up." He offered you his hand and lifted you up. You looked up to see his face and your mouth dropped. You blinked your eyes to see if it was really him or if you were just dreaming. "Close your mouth, you'll catch flies," he smirked.

"You're Max Verstappen..." you said in disbelief. You were talking to your crush and this was the only thing you could say. You mentally facepalmed yourself and shook your head.

"Yes, you got me. And you are?" he asked while he studied your face and then looked you up and down.

"Oh, right! I'm (y/n), nice to meet you, I'm a big fan," I said while shaking his hand. He sent you a smile and licked his lips as he intently stared into your eyes. His actions made you blush and quickly look away from him. He seemed to notice this and awkwardly cleared his throat.

"So you're here for the race?" he asked.

"No, I'm here for the tacos," you said sarcastically, making him laugh, "of course I'm here for the race!"

"You're funny, I like it," he said, probably more to himself than to me. I raised my eyebrows at him. Was he trying to flirt with you?

"So, not that I don't want to talk you a bit more or anything, but don't you have to get ready for qualifying or something?" I said, looking at my watch to see that he would be driving in his car soon.

He too seemed to realise this and widened his eyes, "verdomme {shit}, I have to go, I'm sorry," he said, apologising for having to leave.

"Don't worry about it Max, kick some ass out there!" you said, a little disappointed that you would probably never speak to him again.

"Wanna hang out later?" he asked, to which you eagerly nodded your head, "good, see you at the taco stand then."

You watched as he walked away from you and you quietly giggled to yourself. You were totally having a date with Max Verstappen.