Carlos Sainz [8]

For VamosBarcelona

8. "Does he know about the baby?"

Word count: 526

You stared at the pregnancy test in your shaking hands. You had definitely not seen this coming and you definitely had not planned on it. Hell, you hadn't even talked about having kids with Carlos yet. You tried to focus on keeping your breathing steady. This was a lot of information to take in. What if Carlos was going to leave you? What if he didn't want the baby? As Carlos would only arrive in the evening due to some interviews he had to do and you didn't want to be alone, you had called your best friend and told her to get over as soon as possible. Not even 15 minutes later, she walked into your house, not even bothering to knock.

"Who died?" she asked while breathing heavily, probably from rushing over to your place. You chuckled and shook your head, "No one died."

"Okay? This better be something important, because I was in the middle of binge-watching my favourite Netflix series!" she said, making you roll your eyes.

"It's actually really important and I don't know what to do," you started as the two of you went to sit on the couch. "Okay, whatever it is, I'm here for you," she said while placing her hands on yours.

"Let me just grab something," you said as you made your way over to where you had left the test and walked back towards the couch to show it to her. Her mouth fell open in shock and tears threatened to fall as she took the test from your hand, "Y-you are pregnant?" she asked, to which you nodded and started to cry in her arms. After a few minutes you had calmed down again and sighed, "I don't know what to do."

"Does he know about the baby?" she asked and then her eyes widened at something – or rather someone – behind you.

"Whose baby?" you heard the voice that belonged to your boyfriend, Carlos, ask confusedly. You cringed at the bad timing he had chosen to come home and started to cry again. Carlos immediately walked over and crouched down in front of you and took your hands in his. "Well... I'm just going to... leave?" your best friend said doubtfully and sped out of the house.

"Baby girl, what's going on?" he said right before his eyes landed onto the pregnancy test that was now laying on the couch next to you. He took it with shaking hands and just looked at it for a few minutes without saying anything. Then he looked up with hopeful eyes, "we're expecting?" you nodded and bit your lip waiting for his reaction when he grinned at you and picked you up from the couch before twirling you around.

"I'm going to be a dad!" he yelled through the house as he set you down, which made you chuckle a little.  "You are going to be an amazing mom, I can't wait to have her in my arms."

"Her? How do you know it's going to be a girl?"

"I just know," he smirked and wrapped you in a tight hug before kissing you passionately.