Daniel Ricciardo [4]

For Its_Jenniiferr

4. "You don't need to protect me."

Word count: 422

Walking through the pitlane, you were mesmerized by everything you saw. Max, your best friend, had invited you over to the paddock to watch a race for the first time in your life. You remember walking into the paddock on Max's side. You had felt a pair of eyes staring at you, which made you feel quite uncomfortable. As you turned your head to see who was staring at you, you met a pair of beautiful brown eyes, making your breath hitch in your throat. He noticed and sent a quick smirk in your direction before standing up and walking over the two of you.

"Max! Good to see you again," he said as he bro-hugged your friend. Max smiled and greeted him. "Who did you bring along, mate?" He asked, curious to find out who you were.

"I'm (y/n)," you answered for Max, "nice to meet you," you extended your hand for him to shake. He grinned and took your hand in his, bringing it to his lips to place a kiss on it. You blushed and grinned back.

"I'm Daniel and you, (y/n), are very gorgeous," he said and even dared to wink at you.

"Alright," Max cut your moment of intense staring off, "we're off again." Without looking back, Max dragged you away from Daniel.

"Hey! What was that about?" You asked Max. You were a little pissed off for him cockblocking you once again. He always seemed to do this after you had had a bad experience with an ex some years ago. What would Daniel think about you now? Maybe Max took away all the chances you would have with Daniel, and you hated him for that.

"Well, maybe it had something to do with him basically eye fucking you?"

"And so what if he did?" You snapped back. "I'm a big girl, Max, I can take care of myself!" Max seemed to be taken back by your sudden change of attitude.

"Look, I just don't want you to get hurt again. I'm just looking out for you."

"You don't need to protect me, Max."
He sighed and nodded his head, "I know, I'm sorry."

"Hey, it's all forgotten if you do me a favour..." you said slyly.

"Oh god. And that is?"

"Get me Daniel's number and we'll be the best of friends again," you said with a smirk visible on your face. Max groaned and shook his head, but eventually walked back into the paddock to get you what you wanted.