Daniel Ricciardo: A revelation in Sochi

Requested by: RedBullRicciardo and tami_udvardy

Word count: 687

You nervously watched the screen before you, following Daniel's every move. This was the first time you came to a race and you were afraid to get caught on camera. That's the exact reason why you were trying to hide from the camera. You hated it. You hated it when people tried to take pictures of you without you wanting it. And the thing you hated the most was people filming you. and yet, here you were anyways, trying your hardest to be the supportive girlfriend Daniel deserved to have. He had told you multiple times you didn't have to come and see a race in real life if you didn't want to. You loved how caring he was, so you decided to return the favour and do this for him.

You hung your head as you saw that Daniel fell out. He had been so excited about today and then something sad like this happened. You were so sad for him. As you were waiting for Daniel to arrive, you quickly scrolled through Instagram and Facebook. As you saw your favourite Aussie walking in, you quickly pocketed your phone and wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him into your embrace. He slightly pulled away before kissing you right there – in the Red Bull paddock. You widened your eyes in shock. What if someone saw this? You had been secretly dating for a while now and you wouldn't mind keeping it a secret a little longer. You soon closed your eyes though, giving in to the feeling and pulling him closer to you. your moment was rudely interrupted, however. A reporter with his whole camera crew now stood before you, looking smug as ever to have found Daniel and you in a situation like this.

"Now, now, Daniel..." the reporter started, "I believe we have not met the lady yet."

"No, you're right. You haven't," he said bluntly, apparently not feeling in the mood to talk. His usually friendly appearance made place for a slightly cold look. He wrapped his arm tighter around your waist as he pulled you into his side.

"Is this your girlfriend?" no, I'm Shrek. how thoughtful of him, you sarcastically thought to yourself, trying your hardest not to roll your eyes.

Daniel looked at you and grinned before nodding his head, "yes, she is. A beauty, isn't she?"

"Yes, she is. Have you been dating for a long time?" you suppressed the urge to roll your eyes again as you felt more and more uneasy. Daniel must have noticed this as he quickly answered the question and politely excused the two of you.

Daniel quickly guided you into his motorhome, where you two could talk in private. He closed the door behind him and sat down next to you on the couch. "I'm sorry about that. I hope you didn't feel too uneasy."

"It was practically a mission impossible to hide our relationship, so it's not your fault, Daniel," you sighed as you smiled at him.

"It was. I kissed you right in front of the media even when I knew they could see it."

"True. You're an ass," you said as you crossed your arms and acted like you were pissed off with him. His eyes widened and he was ready to apologise when you bursted out laughing. He sighed in relief as he too chuckled. "Seriously, I'm fine. Don't worry. I shouldn't have kissed you back if I didn't want them to see it..."

"How are you feeling though? You must be so sad about the race," you said as you took his hands in your much smaller ones. He smiled sadly and kissed your knuckles, making you giggle and blush a little. He shrugged his shoulders, "shit happens."

You looked at him disapprovingly, "don't act all tough now, I know you're sad that you fell out."

"Yes, but at least something good has come out of it," he smiled cheekily. "Oh yes?" You asked as you raised your eyebrows at him.

He smirked in return, making your legs go weak, "yes, I can officially call you mine now."