Max Verstappen: Supermarket adventures

This One Shot is set in a Dutch Supermarket called Jumbo. I never shop there so excuse me if I wrote something that doesn't make sense!

Requested by laylamiddelkoopp

Word count: 427

You sighed as you had to work yet another day this week. You had literally dragged yourself out of bed this morning and now you were putting on your work clothes. You were a cashier in a Dutch supermarket called Jumbo. It was not like you didn't like your job, but sometimes it seemed like every day was the same. Same customers, same products, same talks. You hoped today would be at least a little bit more spectacular.

You made your way over to your desk and watched as the first customers already came walking over to you. you greeted them with a friendly smile and had to ask them all the same questions you had to ask everyone. You sighed as it became less and less busy as time passed by.

You looked up as you saw a young man approaching you and put some products on the conveyor belt. He looked very familiar but couldn't really remember where you'd seen him. You shrugged it off and started scanning the products. When you were done you looked back up to see him staring right at you. you blushed and quickly ducked your head to check the price again – which you had completely forgotten as soon as you looked into his eyes. Those damn eyes. You had just realised who he was and started to get even more nervous. You didn't miss the small smirk that was plastered on his face.

You told him the price and asked if he collected coins for a day out, which was currently one of the actions from the supermarket. He nodded his head and sent a smile your way. "But," he started, making you look up and raise an eyebrow, "I only want the coins for a day out if you come with me." Your eyes widened at his bold move and your mouth fell open a little. He leaned against the counter and raised his eyebrows, making you blush once again.

"When are you free?" he asked as he handed you the exact amount of money. You quickly thanked him and told him you would be free tonight. he smiled and told you that tonight would be perfect. He said he would pick you up at eight and told you to wear something casual. "It's a date then," he said while smiling like an idiot.

You quickly scribbled down your number on the receipt and handed it to him. He winked at you and walked out of the store, leaving you thinking about your date with Max Verstappen tonight...