Stoffel Vandoorne [81]

For Thclouds

81. "Can I kiss you?"

Word count: 433

You loved working for McLaren. Even when the cars broke down, you still liked it. Everyone in the team was so kind and welcoming. And you loved working with the drivers, not to forget. But the thing you loved most were the team parties McLaren organised after every race. Happy people, alcohol, dancing, good music, Stoffel Vandoorne. That was what you lived for.

You and Stoffel had gotten to know each other a lot better over time. You just instantly clicked and formed this weird bond other girls would be jealous of. You saw the way they looked at him and it honestly made your blood boil. But he wasn't yours and he probably never would be. You thought it was impossible to be jealous over someone that wasn't even yours, but here you were.

"Hey, Nando, can I ask you something?" you said as you turned to face the other driver.

"Claro que sí,"  {of course} he smiled and leaned in.

"This might sound really weird, though," you trailed off.

"Try me."

"What's Stoffel's type... of girl?"

"His type of girl? Hmm... let me think about that," he said as he sipped on his Bacardi. "I'd say his type of girl is definitely you, my friend," Fernando smirked at you, making you raise one of your eyebrows at him. "Yeah, and I'm the queen. Now be serious with me," you said. Surely Stoffel did not have a thing for you.

"I wasn't joking. He's into you."

"He's not."

"He is."

"He's not."

"He is."

"He's not."

"I am."

"You're no- wait what?" you said as your mouth fell open and looked right into the eyes of Stoffel Vandoorne, who had overheard your conversation apparently.

"I am into you, (y/n)," he confessed while blushing a little.

"You are?"

"Of course I am. I mean, look at you. I'm not the only one in this room who thinks that you are extremely gorgeous," he said as he took your hand in his and led you towards a balcony that looked out over the city.

"Can I confess something?" you smiled up at him, making him nod his head. "I am in love with you," you breathed out and instantly felt relieved that the secret was finally out now. You had kept these feelings to yourself for too long. Stoffel chuckled and took a step closer to you, "I figured." He stroked a strand of hair out of your face and took your chin in his hand, making you look up into his beautiful eyes.

"Can I kiss you now?"

"I thought you'd never ask."